Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

hey, mind taking a look at my gear now and telling me what i could improve on, im at 3.4k hp at lvl 85, not sure if thats good or bad at that lvl.
@MyopicJoe: I must admit i'm usually skipping vorici with this build. Decoy Totem is a great way to seperate the target from the rest as you figured, aggroing with your warcry could work too.

The hint about haku is great, i'll add that somewhere once i found a good place for this piece of information.

@kingkactuar: Your gear is in a good spot. Your belt has a quite löow life roll, try to replace that if possible. After that try to get some good crit wands and you'll be fine.

@Caelsora: That's awesome! Thanks for the support :)

@vailolchiensi: It would theoretically work, but the 50% reduced mana conflicts with our MoM buffer. You'd have to give up a few damage nodes to make this up through passives/jewels, so all DPS benifit this would give nullifies.

@gandhara: If you have a leveled Empower, you can try using that one for easy maps. I would not replace Light Pen for IIR, but rather PCoC after getting a good amount of crit through passives/gear.

@Gezeitenkoenig: Thanks! Three Dragons would be a cheap CotB-substitue for Standard league atm, i'll add a note for this on gear section.

For now, i'd say use Warlord's Mark until you got Whispers of Doom. You'll profit more from the extra leech aswell as phys mitigation as opposed to the extra dmg from frenzy charges.

@UhYuuki: Amulet, Ring and Boots could need an upgrade with more life, that should boost you to 4k.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 11, 2015, 1:56:04 PM
@Gezeitenkoenig: Hi dude. I'm guessing Enki would suggest Warlords over Poachers, because it allows for more survivability and aggressive clearing?

You're correct, I noticed a big improvement with Whispers of Doom, especially for the defensive CwDT+TempChains+Enfeeble+FrostWall gems.

CotB or Three Dragons gives us enough cold damage to freeze and shatter mobs. It's the AoE damage from the shatter which activates CoH and applies the curses (not Arc). CotB is better than Three Dragons because it allows shocking of frozen targets. It seems not to matter much for trash mobs. Maybe you'd clear trash a little faster? It'd help more with higher life mobs.

On standard, the CotB prices have been going up. Less than 50 on poetrade, while Warbands has over 100. I don't know if it's less drops, more people wanting to use it than sell it, or a few people buying them all to jack up the prices.

I'm OK with Three Dragons for now. CotB would be nice for more DPS and freeing up the helmet slot for a life/mana rare. I'm a cheap bastard and I'm willing to wait. Maybe I'll regret it. If this build stalls due to gear, I'll work on a MF SRS character on the side.
"
Enki91 wrote:
Decoy Totem is a great way to seperate the target from the rest as you figured, aggroing with your warcry could work too.

Thanks for the Warcry tip. I usually don't think of the agro side-effect as a benefit, but I guess it can be.

Decoy Totem was a nice survivability crutch when I was a glass cannon. Dropping it all the time does slow down my clear speed. I'm trying to ween myself off of it, but I'm addicted. When my Enlighten finally levels, I'll need to clear up the gem slot.

Thanks for the feedback, Enki.
@enki91 would you recommend me buying 2 doryanis or stick with my current wands, i cant find any wands that have over 60% spell dmg, 100+ crit to spells and 15+ cast speed, they either have 1 or 2 out of the 3, i saw a wand with

Dread Cry Omen Wand
Level: 60 Intelligence: 200

14% increased Spell Damage
41% increased Spell Damage
Adds 7-13 Physical Damage
17% increased Cast Speed
104% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
26% increased Critical Strike Chance
+18 to maximum Mana
(pseudo) (total) 17% increased Cast Speed

but not sure if its worth the 35c.

Im currently getting between 15-17k dps with a 5L and my wands with charges at lvl 85.
Last edited by UhYuuki on Aug 11, 2015, 7:06:02 PM
Would 2 divinarius knives work as well?
@UhYuuki: Your current wands are already better than catalysts. The wand you linked is pretty good and well worth the 35c, though it wouldn't be a huge upgrade to your current wands.
If you can't find a good wand with high spell damage, check if you can find one with enough cast speed & spell crit and a hybrid spell dmg/mana mod + open prefix, which would allow you to add spell dmg with catarina. Or look for a decent spell damage roll and a good flat roll, preferably cold or lightning dmg added to spells.

@thyshaw: Dual Divinarius would work, but they have the same problems as all daggers - no cast speed. For their price you can usually already find good wands, so i'd only really use them if you already got them.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki91 : Atm i have dual catalysts , was just wondering about those two seeing that my base crit w/o power charges and ice golem is only 27% and I got all the crit nodes already, just wanted to see if it would be better. Was thinking that a higher crit rate would build the powercharges faster resulting in higher dps not to mention way more often crits making it worth while even if the cast speed would be redced by 19% since both of my catalysts add 19%

LE. Take note that I'm pretty much a noob at theorycrafting so what I said may be complete nonsense

LLE. I am beggining to think that purchasing two catalysts for 1 ex each was a big mistake seeing some other wands
Last edited by thyshaw on Aug 12, 2015, 9:41:34 AM
Hey how much life do you mange to get?
@thyshaw: I only have 24% crit chance (non-buffed) but I seem to generate power charges just fine. It may take me two packs to max out my 5 charges, but I can easily maintain those charges from pack to pack.

I'm just under 4 casts per second. I imagine that helps a lot to build and maintain charges. What's your casting rate?

Don't worry about overpaying for something. We all do it. It's the price of learning the game. Sometimes we get bad deals and sometimes we get good ones.

It's tough for new players like us to judge the value of gear. This game has a steep learning curve. Also, if we want to pay less than 1ex, we need to know the current exchange rates for our league, which also has a steep learning curve. This game forces you to accept your mistakes, learn from them, and move on.

Best of luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info