Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
kami_koi wrote:
"
drankk wrote:
Gear:

How the F*** did you already get this gear @_@ !

Self-found while farming Arid Lake maybe?

>.<

I must skip his post, so I don't die of jealousy.
@kami_koi: If it works for you, then it's all good.

@drankk: It seems more damage on the surface, but you're actually dealing less damage.

Let's assume you deal 100% lightning damage, 30k with Inc Crit Dmg and 26k with a Lv20 Light Pen. Against an enemy with 0% lightning resistance you will deal 30000 damage/s with Inc Crit Dmg, 35620 damage/s with Light Pen.
While that's already a difference, enemies also usually do have resistances. Let's take the extreme case - 75% resistance, while overcapped to 150%. Ele Weakness/Conductivity would do nothing in this case, but penetration always considers the enemies resistance to be 75 when overcapped, and reduces from that point. So in this example, you would deal 7500 damage/s with Inc Crit Dmg, but 16120 damage/s with Light Pen.

Things change a bit when wearing Call of the Brotherhood. 50% of your damage gets converted to cold, which makes Light Pen a little less effective. Actually a bit more than 50% of your damage is cold now due to 25% cold dmg from Storm Weaver and other possible cold damage% modifiers on gear/jewel, but for the sake of keeping this simple we assume it's a clean 50:50 split.
So that means you'd deal 15k lightning 15k cold with Inc Crit Dmg, and 13k lightning 13k cold with Light Pen. Versus 0% lightning resistance this will result in 30k damage/s with Inc Crit Dmg, and 30810 damage/s with Light Pen. Against 75% lightning resistance it's 18750 damage/s with Inc Crit Dmg and 21060 damage/s with Light Pen.

So all in all, never drop Lightning Penetration, even when wearing Call of the Brotherhood.

@MyopicJoe: That was a good price, nothing to worry about.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 3, 2015, 12:40:42 AM
Shameless double-post, but i did a quite substantial update to the build. Heavily improved the gem section aswell as changed the gem setup a bit, also rewritten some other parts. Enjoy!
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Shameless double-post, but i did a quite substantial update to the build. Heavily improved the gem section aswell as changed the gem setup a bit, also rewritten some other parts. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot Enki!

I just played a few days with exact this Gem Setup. I only Change Ice Golem for Flame Golem. With more then 55% crit buffed the Flame Golem give hugh dmg increase and is better then Ice Golem i think.

do i need ice golem? i cant find any helms with 2 greens and 2 reds sockets on it, and the helm i got on now is pretty good.
How CoD works with MoM keyestone?
you don't need MoM keystone if you have CoD

"
UhYuuki wrote:
do i need ice golem? i cant find any helms with 2 greens and 2 reds sockets on it, and the helm i got on now is pretty good.

You can basically put the ice golem wherever you got space, like in your wand instwad of portal for example. Or leave it out at all if you got no sockets. I will change that part in the guide a bit to make this more clear.
twitch.tv/enki91
Amazing guide! Wow this game is awesome, never seen such interesting game mechanics
sorry for all the questions lol, but i managed to buy a cloak of defiance and managed to 6 socket 5l it, is it worth dropping a gem to use it or should i stick to my tabula until i some how manage to 6l the cloak?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info