Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
azureavenger wrote:
Hey Enki, great guide! Been having no problems so far in leveling.
Just finished act 10 and started mapping. Currently sitting at around 11k tooltip DPS unbuffed at level 73.
Could anyone give me some suggestions on what i should do next to increase my DPS/survivability?
Character : NoReasonAnymore
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azureavenger/characters

Thanks!

Enki could give you more detailed suggestions, but from a quick glance at your gear, I'd look to get an amulet with life and one of our offensive stats, and a chest piece with life. Also putting your Orb of Storms set up in a four link with blind and faster casting as suggested by the guide; this will increase both survivability and damage by allowing for higher arcane surge. Additionally, if you're having trouble specifically with mana, drop herald of thunder.
Single target damage with this build is so shit...i can barely kill any t12 bosses. Anyway to get more damage?

If you could kindly check my profile and look at my character that'll be great!

thanks in advance
Greetings my friend and me are playing this build for his first time playing the game. We notice in your build guide to replace Arc with the Vaal Arc in 3.3 so what would the 6l gem set up be if not able to use spell echo in the set up with vaal arc? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

"
lordzetal wrote:
Greetings my friend and me are playing this build for his first time playing the game. We notice in your build guide to replace Arc with the Vaal Arc in 3.3 so what would the 6l gem set up be if not able to use spell echo in the set up with vaal arc? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The spell echo will work fine with the normal spell within Vaal Arc, but not the actual Vaal part
I have 3 jewel slots at the moment, one is the dexterity buff that I need for the gems. The other 2 I have health, attack speed, and some spell damage.

If I found an Ahn's Heritage, is it worth using 2 Fragility jewels in lieu of the health and attack speed? or unlock 2 more first?
"
Valhera wrote:
Hello just a couple of questions.

Stormfire Opal Ring
quite a nice ring it seems, with ok elemental damage ( less than what we could get with a rare ring) the "Adds (1-3) to (62-70) Lightning Damage to Hits against Ignited Enemies" wont be useful as we do not hit ( as far as i can remember) but the ring would allow us to ignite all the time and also increase the burning damage we do, may be good for clearing maps but not good for bosses

As far as I concern, Only DoT skills ( RF / Essence drain /SR ) are considered as NON-HIT skills.
"

Volkuur's Guidance Zealot Gloves
Adds some nice flat lightning damage, but also allows our lightning damage to poison on hit. however we would lose attack/spell cast speed. I am unsure if the added flat damage and potential poison damage would make up for it. What do you think?

After the OVERKILL poison nerf, without stacking poison damage, it's worthless.

"

Also in your guide you mentioned getting a Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel
with "(1-1.5)% of Lightning Damage is Leeched as Mana while affected by Wrath", When using Mind of the Council Harlequin Mask I am unsure if it is really needed? maby just a nice to have?, would the following be better? "WrathIncreasedLightningDamage (40-60)% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath"

Thanks for the guide

[/quote]
MoC is more than enough but Watcher's eye offers your more consistent mana leech than MoC.
IOM, I would rather spend 2 ex on Watcher's eye than MoC.
Get absolutely dumped on by Chimera boss and feels awful. Build felt good up until that
Ok i have tried the following item

The buff doesn't seem overly good, for clearing its ok but on bosses it seems next to useless

i also tried out this setup, yes its nice to have onslaught on all the time and it provides a nice dps and movement buff ( better than the two other shields i have used ) however, due to it taking up to jewel sockets, i dont think it is really worth it, i think you can get much more damage from the two jewels and a shield

This was the previous shield that i was using and tbh, i think it is better to use for now until i get a good rare shield

Note i dont yet have my Inpulsa's 6 linked so the numbers may be different once i have that but i do think a rare shield + 2 good jewels is the way to go
such as

Last edited by Valhera on Jun 9, 2018, 7:16:45 AM
@procerator: Penetration Vinktar is slightly better, and more consistent with +resistance/EE mapmods.

@Valhera: Choir is alright, but too expensive to justify its price. You can get a good DPS ammy or a corrupted Aylardex with +1 to maximum Resistances for a fraction of the price.

Stormfire isn't worth losing the life in that slot for us, clearing has never been an issue for this build.

Volkuur's aren't significant enough to lose the attack speed and potential Shaper/Elder mods.

Ahn's is significantly cheaper and overall better in an offensive and defensive way, +3 to maximum resistances reduces the elemental damage you take by 12%. You do lose two jewel sockets to get the most out of it, but in return also open up another flask slot.

Watcher's Eye is the more consistent option, I agree with N4Z on that.

I intentionally didn't state where to put Careful Planning since it depends on your setup. If you have absolutely no other dex anywhere, then the socket at MoM is best, but if you do then it's better to put it in the upper witch socket to keep more of your int for the base mana it provides.
I'm already at the 50k post character limit so adding less significant info like that would require me to remove something more important.

@Flipgeneral: Nice, glad to hear that :)

@Cabdyman5OS: Nope, Mjölner is one of those items that you specifically have to build around.

@Allamacheon: Correcting Ƶack here, you can actually claim Arc as soon as you enter the Cavern of Wrath. But you probably have it by now anyway :)

@azureavenger: Start with putting life on your amulet with Elreon's crafting bench, then you could get some rare jewels and maybe a rare sceptre with high lightning damage% or a Doryani's Catalyst, and then start saving for the bigger options like Essence Worm or Inpulsa's. I'd also recommend to switch the Quicksilver with a Sulphur Flask, or one of the uniques.

@talerdo: Maybe, haven't tested it. You would probably want to invest into more AoE for that.

@dizzybomb: I've had no issues with single target in SSF really, even before getting my 6L. But that's relative, if you were used to stuff like Barrage or Molten Strike then this won't ever be able to keep up.

It will get better once your Arc hits Lv20, also make sure that you keep up Arcane Surge, Elemental Overload and your flasks during bossfights. Your jewels also still have lots of potential to raise damage, and you're missing the attack+cast speed nodes in shadow start.

@deleteded: In that case probably try to unlock the other two sockets asap.

@Bonka: Rip. He can hit pretty hard with certain mapmods, try to lure his attacks then quickly move out of the way when he starts the attack animations.

Looking at your gear, i'd recommend to put flask duration on your belt, replace the Granite with a Basalt and Quicksilver with a Sulphur flask, that should make things easier.

twitch.tv/enki91
It was actually a no damage mod Chimera, just a ton of health. I was running a sulphur as well. I wasy mostly dying while trying to get through the clouds actually. I managed killing him with a few deaths on a different map with some damage mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info