Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I've hit a bit of a wall in my leveling progression at the moment.

I'm new to the game so there must be something I'm not doing right. I just hit level 60 but I'm dying too quickly when attempting either Doedre or boss in second labyrinth.

Any help would be appreciated!
This build has been phenomenal! I wasn't sure if it was a Hardcore viable build, but ran with it anyways.. I am currently level 92 in BHC and really loving the build!

Just wanted to put it out there that the build is really good at clearing maps. Most of the bosses that I have encountered can either be kited, or I had to get one of my tanky Jugg friends to sit and take hits while I dps'd down the boss.

Thank you so much for making the build. I haven't ran a witch in a long time (hence why I named myself "HowDoIPlayWitches") and you got me to like it again. I also am constantly surprising people when they see stormcall, they are like "wow! I havent seen that build in agess" Hahaha Thanks man!

~Ranch aka HowDoI
Hello Enki and All :)

I'm using this build since Abbysal league, 1st on standard, now on bestiary and I love it :)

Ball Lighting was at the begining much more handy than Storm Call, as "cast the ball and move" was easier than "stand and bring death from the sky to the enemies" - but now i get used to this skill and i love it! :)

I know i have to fix my flask setup, and i'm working on it currently, but i have another problem.

In my opinion, i have pretty "late game" gear - ofc missing Inpulsa, and gloves/head/shoes need to be constantly upgraded, but still - looks close to the max upgrades. But what about dmg output?

Currently, tier 8 or tier 9 maps aren't a big deal for me. But when i compare my dps (~15k arc and ~10k storm call) to some other characters, which have like ~100-150k dps... how is it possible, that they have more than 10 times higher dmg output?

What and how can i improve my characte from this point , to get better dps? I'm pretty afraid that any kind of uber (atziri/ lab) or high tier maps would be impossible to do (or very hard) with such dmg output. Please, help me guys as i don't know how can i improve my gear/ change something in build to get higher dps to be able to do the contest :(

up:
I've just watched those new footage, from Breachlord and Atziri... your dmg output on those films is way higher than mine as well (easy to notice, by the speed of killing mobs/ bosses on atziri). Currently, i have really no idea, why my witch has such lower dmg than this one showed and other champs which i mentioned above :( And how may i improve it? :(
Last edited by Zeratul_PL on Mar 22, 2018, 4:52:28 AM
"
kolyz wrote:

I'm new to the game so there must be something I'm not doing right. I just hit level 60 but I'm dying too quickly when attempting either Doedre or boss in second labyrinth.

1) you have bad flask setup
2) You have just first 2 points in ascendancy - then it will be much better
3) You are still missing many + life nodes in passive skill tree - again it will improve
4) You gear - your neck has many useless mods, boot, belt hands... - you can buy much better cheap on poe.trade
5) why flame dash instead of shield charge? Shield charge is much better to run away if u r in troubles
6) check if yoou have capped resistances (75%, except chaos resistance)

"
Zeratul_PL wrote:

In my opinion, i have pretty "late game" gear - ofc missing Inpulsa, and gloves/head/shoes need to be constantly upgraded, but still - looks close to the max upgrades. But what about dmg output?

Currently, tier 8 or tier 9 maps aren't a big deal for me. But when i compare my dps (~15k arc and ~10k storm call) to some other characters, which have like ~100-150k dps... how is it possible, that they have more than 10 times higher dmg output?

What and how can i improve my characte from this point , to get better dps? I'm pretty afraid that any kind of uber (atziri/ lab) or high tier maps would be impossible to do (or very hard) with such dmg output. Please, help me guys as i don't know how can i improve my gear/ change something in build to get higher dps to be able to do the contest :(

up:
I've just watched those new footage, from Breachlord and Atziri... your dmg output on those films is way higher than mine as well (easy to notice, by the speed of killing mobs/ bosses on atziri). Currently, i have really no idea, why my witch has such lower dmg than this one showed and other champs which i mentioned above :( And how may i improve it? :(

1) Inpulsa is huge deal in temr of clearing spead
2) Then shaped helm with + Innervate boost your dps when make your arc 5link
3) Flasks as u mentioned -> Vessel of Vinktar
4) Somehow you missed one socket in passive skill tree - Up to Devoition
5) belt with socket + abbysal socket with + add lightning damage
6) shaped amuled with block to spells instead of unique one with good mods (but this will be expesive..)
7) Uber lab points in ascendency
Last edited by Nargoron on Mar 22, 2018, 9:26:13 AM
"
Nargoron wrote:

1) Inpulsa is huge deal in temr of clearing spead
2) Then shaped helm with + Innervate boost your dps when make your arc 5link
3) Flasks as u mentioned -> Vessel of Vinktar
4) Somehow you missed one socket in passive skill tree - Up to Devoition
5) belt with socket + abbysal socket with + add lightning damage
6) shaped amuled with block to spells instead of unique one with good mods (but this will be expesive..)
7) Uber lab points in ascendency

1) Inpulsa will boost the clear speed, but does it really boost dps? I think it's not taken under calculation?
2) Will work on it!
3) Work in progress ;)
4) Unfortunatly, you are a little wrong - i'm missing skill point to get it, after the next level up i will take that socet ;)
5) was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if this is worthy... what stats should i be looking for in terms of the belt?
6) i was thinking that there could be something better - the uniqe i use is pretty cheap, so seems like there must be something more powerfull
7) Still missing 1 ascendance to be able to at least try (or ask for help in the guild "Uber farmers") :)

Thanks a lot!
"
Nargoron wrote:
"
kolyz wrote:

1) you have bad flask setup
2) You have just first 2 points in ascendancy - then it will be much better
3) You are still missing many + life nodes in passive skill tree - again it will improve
4) You gear - your neck has many useless mods, boot, belt hands... - you can buy much better cheap on poe.trade
5) why flame dash instead of shield charge? Shield charge is much better to run away if u r in troubles
6) check if yoou have capped resistances (75%, except chaos resistance)

1) I was following the leveling steps to the letter for the flask setup. What is wrong with my flask setup?
2) I will finish the 2nd lab then before attempting doedre again.
3) sounds good!
4) I will look into getting better gear.
5) Like I said in 1), I've been following the leveling section of the guide. It hasn't specified to switch to shield charge yet.
6) All of my elemental resistances are capped at 75% at the moment.

Thanks a lot for responding!
"
kolyz wrote:

1) I was following the leveling steps to the letter for the flask setup. What is wrong with my flask setup?
2) I will finish the 2nd lab then before attempting doedre again.
3) sounds good!
4) I will look into getting better gear.
5) Like I said in 1), I've been following the leveling section of the guide. It hasn't specified to switch to shield charge yet.
6) All of my elemental resistances are capped at 75% at the moment.

Thanks a lot for responding!

1) Especialy if you switch to shield charge, then u dont need 2x quicksilver flask. You can switch one of them for instant life flask.
5) maybe just Enki didnt update that since 3.1 guide? But shield charge is much better (you can keep Dash in free socket to move over obstackles, that is something that shield charge can't)

"
Zeratul_PL wrote:

1) Inpulsa will boost the clear speed, but does it really boost dps? I think it's not taken under calculation?
2) Will work on it!
3) Work in progress ;)
4) Unfortunatly, you are a little wrong - i'm missing skill point to get it, after the next level up i will take that socet ;)
5) was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if this is worthy... what stats should i be looking for in terms of the belt?
6) i was thinking that there could be something better - the uniqe i use is pretty cheap, so seems like there must be something more powerfull
7) Still missing 1 ascendance to be able to at least try (or ask for help in the guild "Uber farmers") :)

1) Inpulsa has (20-50)% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
(25-40)% increased Effect of Shock
Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing (5-10)% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage

First and second increase your damage of arc and storm call.
The explosion doesnt give you better dps output in tooltip. But if you use arc on group of 10monsters. You hit and kill 7 of them, 7x explosion boosted by all + lightning/ elemental damage you have which kill rest of the monsters. So its extra dps against packs, at least in my oppinion ^^

4) Then level up or unset one of your life nodes and put it to the jewel. You get 5%-7% of life anyway back + some dps depend on what jewel you will use.

5) On belt i look for life, resists i need. Thats all what i need from belt next to abbys socket. Life flask duration or mastered movement speed is extra bonus.
Last edited by Nargoron on Mar 23, 2018, 3:08:46 AM
For this build, what about Cloak of Defiance and Rainbowstride?
"
Nargoron wrote:

1) Especialy if you switch to shield charge, then u dont need 2x quicksilver flask. You can switch one of them for instant life flask.
5) maybe just Enki didnt update that since 3.1 guide? But shield charge is much better (you can keep Dash in free socket to move over obstackles, that is something that shield charge can't)

Okay good to know, thanks a lot for the help!
@kolyz: If this is still the case, just try to grind until your Arc & Storm Call level up to have more base damage, and to probably gain some levels yourself in the process.

You're at a point where you can slowly start gearing towards endgame, weapon has probably the biggest potential right now as your current one only really gives cast speed.

@Ranchinator: Thanks, glad to have some hardcore feedback in here as that's one thing i was a little unsure about. Good to see the new build version is working well :)

@Zeratul_PL: The main DPS difference between our setups comes from gem levels. I'm using a Lv21 Storm Call in a +1 Inpulsa's, which is 3 levels above yours and with that roughly 30% more base damage. Other factors are missing gem quality and levels, and what Nargoron listed.

Also don't compare different skills by tooltip DPS numbers alone, tooltip DPS is honestly pretty meaningless in this game. Then there's also the fact that some skills don't show DPS but rather average damage per use, such as Storm Call. To get accurate DPS numbers you would have to take that average damage, factor in other stuff such as resistances, penetration etc. and multiply by your casts per second to get a rough DPS number. F.e. in my case, i got 19k tooltip damage on my Storm Call in hideout, but all in all it results in roughly 350k DPS on Shaper/Guardians.

@Nargoron: I personally prefer just 1-2 Quicksilvers for leveling since Shield Charge is still pretty slow without most of the possible attack- & movement speed.

@Miathan51: Cloak's biggest issue is that it's not Inpulsa's, that chest is so good for Arc that it pretty much invalidates any other chest choice unless you're doing some very specific & weird setups. Rainbowstride are so-so, they are overall solid but lack life, i would rather use Stone of Lazhwar instead and get a similar pair of boots with a high life roll.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 23, 2018, 6:57:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info