Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I'd just like to thank you for this build, I just beat kitava at 67lvl in SSF, went straight into zana map (t1) and zana daily (t2), had just barely capped ress after kitava and had no issues at any point... even with my very crappy leveling gear with 2x4link :)

Just wondering, ball lightning seems to do more dps to packs too, arc is just more fun, and probably better in the end with more chains...?
"
Nyypsy wrote:
I'd just like to thank you for this build, I just beat kitava at 67lvl in SSF, went straight into zana map (t1) and zana daily (t2), had just barely capped ress after kitava and had no issues at any point... even with my very crappy leveling gear with 2x4link :)

Just wondering, ball lightning seems to do more dps to packs too, arc is just more fun, and probably better in the end with more chains...?

Not just the extra chains, though those are good.

As your Arc levels, there is also the extra damage and as you add the extra gear/gems it just gets better.

Level 4 Enlighten = +3 Skill Gem
Pledge = Level 30 Spell Echo
Kitava's with enchant = +3 Arc Chains

It will get to be much better as you go even without the extra enchant chains.

Mine with the 21/20 Arc with Level 4 Enlighten in a 6 link Pledge (no Kitava enchant), gives me:
67 - 1274 lightning damage
+8 chains
+20% chance to shock
+33% increased effect of shock.

As compared to where your gems are now, this makes a huge difference. Still some grinding to go :)

Given that you are SSF, this will probably take a while, but you will eventually get there. Props for the attempt at SSF, don't know if I could do it.

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Nov 5, 2017, 4:59:03 PM
Ah. So I'll have to settle for Arc chain +2 instead of +3. Or 30% reduce BL speed instead of 45%.
I'll attempt again when I level up. And when I get the prophecy that gives 2 enchant opportunity.
I've died so many times (from mapping) that I could've leveled up 2.5 times. Sigh...

Anyways, I'm doing Pledge swap. Cant seem to get a 6L on Pledge or chest. Kinda gave up on that.
Chest now has Lightning Golem--Minion Health--Minion Totem Resistance--Decoy Totem--Increased Duration. Lightning Golem saved my butt a few times. And gives me slight cast rate and damage boost. Planning to have 6th socket for Herald of Thunder (once I'm bored of levelling gems).

Killing bosses is actually a bit faster since BL is actually 6L in a 5L Pledge instead of a 5L chest. Though I panic a bit if bosses summon its underlings that somehow avoid the BL and Decoy just went down.

Now there's an empty slot in the Immortal Call--CWDT--Clarity 4L. What can I fill in that synergizes with it?
I made progress!

Now have 5link staff with +2lit gems and burning dmg... -.-
4.2k life and 72lvls :)

How should I go about with rolling that staff? Keep alt spamming until get +2lit and cast speed/lit dmg and then regal->master craft, or just regal it now and mastercraft something useful...?
Last edited by Nyypsy on Nov 6, 2017, 10:19:34 AM
If I've got Vaal Arc should I switch it for Arc?
@chapppy: If the BL calculator on its wiki page is correct, then the 30% enchant is actually just as good as the 45% under specific circumstances. But that's a huge if, either way it should be a decent boost to single target.

For CwDt, you could either use Phase Run or Inc Duration.

@Nyypsy: If you got a few hundred alts around then keep crafting, otherwise just regal and mastercraft. In the long run you will most likely upgrade to a 5/6L Pledge anyway once you can afford that.

@T1T1T1T1: Nope. The issue with Vaal Arc is that it requires souls to be used, and you often won't regain enough souls in that cast to use it again. Vaal Skills also can't be supported with Spell Echo anymore, which further reduces any usability this skill might have had.
twitch.tv/enki91
Why necromancer? I cannot find a single minion spell. Am I missing something?
morbo wrote:
All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
"
kornomanus wrote:
Why necromancer? I cannot find a single minion spell. Am I missing something?

Answer is Mistress of sacrifice

This build is picked necromancer as ascendancy to build up your defense. Thanks necromancer ascendancy you can apply Bone(or Flesh) offering on your self which is huge defensive boost.
If its active i have 65% spell and attack block.

For the first time it looks like a waste all this +minions points, but if you try it, you get enough damage even for yourself.
Ah, now I see the connection. Thanks!
morbo wrote:
All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
Hi, I am really new to the PoE, so my questions may seem stupid but I have to ask:

1. Why do we need 6-L Pledge to get Arc mana cost 100+? Why cant we use any other 6-L staff?

2. In gem section you use Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Conductivity and Warlord's Mask but in section "My character" you dont use Curse on Hit, how do you use your curses then?

3. Do links in Kitava matter? Can it be 4L or 0L piece?

4. I was looking at poe.ninja that Kitava is kinda cheap, but 6L PoH seems pretty expensive. In your opinion, what is the best way to get 6L PoH?

Thank you for all your answers and also have to say that your guide is really excellent. Thanks for for all your work! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info