Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Returning to PoE today, and I just want to thank you for this guide again. First thing I did was looked this guide up. Just working out some changes and recoloring some gear, but I still have all the gear to play it! Going to play on standard until the new league comes out, what would you upgrade first here?

Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
Last edited by Caelsora on May 19, 2016, 6:01:30 PM
@Caelsora: Replace Es with Life on your ring, update flasks and then i'd go for a 6l chest.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Caelsora: Replace Es with Life on your ring, update flasks and then i'd go for a 6l chest.

Okay thanks again!
Guides(old, not updated)
New player here - this is my first ever build, now at level 62 and I really feel this build has made the game incredibly fun, so thanks a gzillion!

A noob question that I'm sure has been answered in one of the near 200 pages of this thread, but which I didn't find an answer to: this is a crit build and and for Arc the Increased Critical Strikes highlights this, but I get confused by Controlled Destruction. The increased spell damage I understand, but the 100% reduced critical strike chance - why doesn't that sabotage everything with regards to crits? (in my simple mind, 100% reduction to crit chance = no crits, but that can't be right?)
@olesk: Hey there, this is because there are two types of multipliers in this game: additive (increased & reduced) and multiplicative (more & less). Simplified this means, additive modifiers are all simply added and/or subtracted together, while multiplicative ones multiply each other.

Controlled Destruction has a reduced crit chance multiplier, which simply means 100% of base crit chance is subtracted from our total crit chance, which in case of Arc + Lv20 Inc Crit Strikes is a loss of 6.9% crit chance in exchange for a hefty more multiplier on spell damage.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki91 Oooh, I see! Thank you for clearing that up! :)

I thought I'd add another question is was struggling with as well, which is about using Vaal Storm Call for single targets/bosses. It seems to be recommended using the Vaal version vs. the regular one. But the Vaal version does less damage (max: 560) versus the regular one (max: 633), it is also slower (3 seconds vs. 1.5 for regular) and finally, it must be charged before use, which I presume that if you get killed in a boss fight and run right back in, your Vaal Storm Call is useless unless the boss summons minions you can use to recharge it.

The only reason I can see why the Vaal version should be better is that for the 3 seconds it's active, you get random lightning strikes from it. Is that the only reason that it is recommended for boss fights?

Real quick question. Which flask is more important for me to get first, the taste of hate or the vinktar? I am level 87 atm running t10-12 maps.
Guides(old, not updated)
@olesk: Vaal Storm Call used to be a good addition, but i don't think it's worth it anymore with Ascendancy buffs. Weaker bosses die easily with Arc, and for the tougher bosses it doesn't last long enough to make an impact worth giving up a 4L.
Normal Storm Call + Less Duration as swap for Arc is more reliable.

@Caelsora: Vinktars. The leech is just too good, even after nerf.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hello. Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but i cannot see how i create power charges. I was thinking about going as occultist and starting to play since some time. Could someone clear me up ?
IGN: Mido_Reave
"
goreaper wrote:
Hello. Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but i cannot see how i create power charges. I was thinking about going as occultist and starting to play since some time. Could someone clear me up ?

As an Occultist, you generate power charges with Forbidden Power in your Ascendancy tree. It gives 10% chance to generate power charge on crit + 1 maximum power charge.

I started as an Occultist at level 86 so I have a lot of investment into critical strike chance from the passive tree. You do not need Power charge on Crit this deep into the build. However I don't know how it works lower down, so if your power charge uptime is not good enough you can use the Power charge on crit setup listed in the gem section of the guide.

Hope this helps!
Guides(old, not updated)
Last edited by Caelsora on May 23, 2016, 11:04:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info