Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Akuq wrote:
Since I'm going to die no matter what, I decided to make some changes to this build in favor of more damage.

The best defense is a good offense.

This saying speaks to my soul. Why bother tanking when you can just kill them first? Thus I begin to think about all the ways I can improve my damage while also keeping a good balance between defense and offense.

I manage to gain over 4 million DPS from 1.8 million but lost around 1.2k HP.
Spoiler

From my previous iteration to my current one, I've spent around 310c to make these changes. However, you can spend as little as 10c to make the same upgrade.
So lets get right into it. First we are going to need a Healthy Mind jewel. You can buy this jewel for 4c or get a nice rolled for 20c. By placing this jewel near the top of the tree, we gain a total of 60% increased maximum mana. This is a MASSIVE damage boost and can easily net you 800,000 more damage. That much DPS for only losing 20% maximum life? HELL YEAH.

Second, you will need to grab yourself a Clear Mind jewel. Once again, really cheap jewel that you can buy for 1c or 30c for a good roll. However, once you use this jewel, you are not allowed to use Vitality and Clarity because otherwise, you will lose out on 50+% increased spell damage.

Now that you can't use Vitality and Clarity, this means that we lose roughly 300 life regeneration and nearly 300 mana regen. BUT WHO CARES? We lose absolutely no value and instead gain nearly 300,000 DPS.

The Agnostic
Spoiler
You sacrifice 20% of mana to regenerate that much as life when you are not at full life. Meaning you gain 2000 life regeneration every time you lose HP and with so much mana regeneration in our build, this costs NOTHING. At this point, the only thing killing you is a one-shot, but it is what it is.

Transfiguration of Mind
Spoiler
If you haven't already gotten Transfiguration of Mind, I suggest you get it now from either a Crown of the Inward Eye or Crusader anointment. Do not underestimate this passive. With so much mana on our tree, this passive grants us another massive increase in DPS.

Golem Changes
Spoiler
Our last and final changes (for now) will be adding a lightning golem to our setup. This can be done in two ways, either replacing stone or flame.

The second way is to buy The Anima Stone jewel which allows you to have a total of 5 golems max. Get this jewel if you are rich. It provides another boost of damage thanks to our ascendancy.

Concluding Thoughts:
Unless you get one-shot, the chance of you dying is really low because you are immediately healed to full hp the moment you get hit. Getting more damage definitely also made this build more enjoyable to play. I actually haven't died since I made the changes because everything in my screen dies before they get to hit me.

There's actually another variant of this build that utilizes Pledge of Hand and going crit chance, however that version is way too expensive. I'd estimate maybe 20 exalts for the crit variant but it will have 10+ million DPS.

UPDATE:
It looks like you can sustain RF permanently without putting a dent on your regeneration rate. This is actually big because that is 40% more spell damage.
Spoiler

Everyone needs to take a second to look into this post, I think Akuq is totally taking this in the right direction. Almost everything here comports with how I have managed to successfully turn this build into a powerhouse the last two leagues. A tanky one, at that. The required stat threshold seemed to be about 3.5k life and 10k unreserved mana. That's with Agnostic and at least 40% MoM. If you can hit those while keeping everything else in the build pushed, you'll find yourself in better shape.

The one point I diverge on is Clear Mind, and that's mainly because the Clarity mods you can get on a Watcher's Eye outstrip the benefits of Clear Mind. Especially true if you want to run regular RF (MASSIVE damage boost, when you can sustain it, but only useable without map mods that penalize your fire resistance) on top of two of my other favorites here: Omeyocan and Blood Rage (get Anomalous version to make it useful for bosses, too!).

Also going to emphasize cluster jewels and Scintillating Idea in particular, but cost can be a bit of a barrier there (still rolling/hunting for mine).
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jan 23, 2021, 11:27:42 AM
"
Akuq wrote:
Since I'm going to die no matter what, I decided to make some changes to this build in favor of more damage.

This saying speaks to my soul. Why bother tanking when you can just kill them first? Thus I begin to think about all the ways I can improve my damage while also keeping a good balance between defense and offense.

Spoiler

From my previous iteration to my current one, I've spent around 310c to make these changes. However, you can spend as little as 10c to make the same upgrade.
So lets get right into it. First we are going to need a Healthy Mind jewel. You can buy this jewel for 4c or get a nice rolled for 20c. By placing this jewel near the top of the tree, we gain a total of 60% increased maximum mana. This is a MASSIVE damage boost and can easily net you 800,000 more damage. That much DPS for only losing 20% maximum life? HELL YEAH.

Second, you will need to grab yourself a Clear Mind jewel. Once again, really cheap jewel that you can buy for 1c or 30c for a good roll. However, once you use this jewel, you are not allowed to use Vitality and Clarity because otherwise, you will lose out on 50+% increased spell damage.

Now that you can't use Vitality and Clarity, this means that we lose roughly 300 life regeneration and nearly 300 mana regen. BUT WHO CARES? We lose absolutely no value and instead gain nearly 300,000 DPS.

The Agnostic
Spoiler
You sacrifice 20% of mana to regenerate that much as life when you are not at full life. Meaning you gain 2000 life regeneration every time you lose HP and with so much mana regeneration in our build, this costs NOTHING. At this point, the only thing killing you is a one-shot, but it is what it is.

Transfiguration of Mind
Spoiler
If you haven't already gotten Transfiguration of Mind, I suggest you get it now from either a Crown of the Inward Eye or Crusader anointment. Do not underestimate this passive. With so much mana on our tree, this passive grants us another massive increase in DPS.

Golem Changes
Spoiler
Our last and final changes (for now) will be adding a lightning golem to our setup. This can be done in two ways, either replacing stone or flame.

The second way is to buy The Anima Stone jewel which allows you to have a total of 5 golems max. Get this jewel if you are rich. It provides another boost of damage thanks to our ascendancy.

Concluding Thoughts:
Unless you get one-shot, the chance of you dying is really low because you are immediately healed to full hp the moment you get hit. Getting more damage definitely also made this build more enjoyable to play. I actually haven't died since I made the changes because everything in my screen dies before they get to hit me.

There's actually another variant of this build that utilizes Pledge of Hand and going crit chance, however that version is way too expensive. I'd estimate maybe 20 exalts for the crit variant but it will have 10+ million DPS.

UPDATE:
It looks like you can sustain RF permanently without putting a dent on your regeneration rate. This is actually big because that is 40% more spell damage.
Spoiler

Hey,I have implemented your changes and the DPS did increase by a lot, however I went from having 2k mana regen to around 300 for some reason. What am I doing wrong?
Here is my POB, if you could look into that, that would be great!
https://pastebin.com/8S4pzuF2
"
The one point I diverge on is Clear Mind, and that's mainly because the Clarity mods you can get on a Watcher's Eye outstrip the benefits of Clear Mind. Especially true if you want to run regular RF (MASSIVE damage boost, when you can sustain it, but only useable without map mods that penalize your fire resistance) on top of two of my other favorites here: Omeyocan and Blood Rage (get Anomalous version to make it useful for bosses, too!).

You're right. A Watcher's Eye with clarity mod is definitely better overall. I replaced my Clear Mind with a % chance to Recover 10% of Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity for better mana sustain, but also because it's several times cheaper than the 10% damage taken as mana mod.

My next goal is to improve my HP pool and get better gear.

"
Ivnkk wrote:

Hey,I have implemented your changes and the DPS did increase by a lot, however I went from having 2k mana regen to around 300 for some reason. What am I doing wrong?
Here is my POB, if you could look into that, that would be great!
https://pastebin.com/8S4pzuF2

If you go to configuration and check the box that says "Are you always on Full Life" you should see your mana regeneration go back to 2k.

POB is simply calculating how much mana you will lose per second when your HP bar goes below 100%.

If you want more mana regeneration, you should get cluster jewels that have the mod Mindfulness. This grants you 80% increased mana regeneration rate while stationary and you are stationary whenever you are casting Arc. Try to get two of these.
Last edited by Akuq on Jan 23, 2021, 12:26:24 PM
Hey, i love the build. it has an insane clear speed and great damage. One thing, i loose damage even after mind over matter and thats scary during rituals. I am using Lavingas spirit flask for mana right after using arcane cloak. it give me free spam of arc for like 3.5 seconds plus mind over matter works great with this. Thanks for sharing the build<3
Im running scion archmage BL with pledge of hands and cloak of defiance , what is better overall, arc vs BL?
"
Akuq wrote:

Spoiler

The Agnostic
Spoiler

Transfiguration of Mind
Spoiler

Golem Changes
Spoiler

Concluding Thoughts:

UPDATE:
Spoiler

Perfect. Really perfect. No death in t15-t16 after changes. But I have a little mana regen problem. Maybe it's time to go for cluster jewels. I've 2,6k mana regen. How did you get 3,9k mana regen? And one last question. After activating RF my life stabilizes at 3,202/3,216. Is this a problem?
Haven't read all 2k pages of posts, so sorry if it was already discussed, but considering we are going archmage, which is better: Unleash vs Spell Echo ?
Or are they inter-changeable ?

I guess Unleash would require 4 more points spent to get Thunderous Salvos, and another needed stats on helmet (+1 seal), so is the higher investment worth it ?
Hello! I'm posting my second reply now and wondering how to increase my mana regeneration from this point. My mana regeneration right now is about 1500/s according to in-game stats but it feels like I need even more to sustain my mana during longer fights. Any advice appreciated.
"
milkmeda wrote:

Perfect. Really perfect. No death in t15-t16 after changes. But I have a little mana regen problem. Maybe it's time to go for cluster jewels. I've 2,6k mana regen. How did you get 3,9k mana regen? And one last question. After activating RF my life stabilizes at 3,202/3,216. Is this a problem?

Cluster jewel is very big on this build. It grants us a massive amount of mana and mana regen. Try to get jewels with Scintillating Idea and Mindfulness.

RF making you have 10-20 less HP is just a visual bug. You are still at Full Life.
"
Akuq wrote:
"
milkmeda wrote:

Cluster jewel is very big on this build. It grants us a massive amount of mana and mana regen. Try to get jewels with Scintillating Idea and Mindfulness.

RF making you have 10-20 less HP is just a visual bug. You are still at Full Life.

Tried this, RF just drains all of my mana because of MoM.

How much mana regen do you need for this to not just completely degen your mana to 0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info