Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Quick question, why do we take elemental overload instead of scaling crit? I played a version of arc on an inquisitor that used crit and i feel that it would deal better damage than EO. could someone explain to me?
"
ryan17stehle wrote:
"
"
Vocasek9 wrote:
Any advice for DPS boost? I have 20-30 ex budget.

https://pastebin.com/L0xNj64D

There is so much stuff you can do with your budget. Biggest one is to get more mana wherever you can, which will scale your damage and survivability dramatically. Wand, shield, helmet, and body armor are all good targets (especially wand, this is really important). Go for a 6L Cloak of Defiance or really good rare chest, Crown of the Inward Eye or anoint Crusader on your amulet, ditch the unique gloves for good influenced fingerless silk gloves with Unnerved and/or Culling Strike affixes.

Also, once you have more mana, you can run Righteous Fire (drop the Arcane Surge from Flame Dash setup), which offers another huge damage multiplier.

You can get some ideas by reading the last 10+ pages in this thread. I've got 8m Sirus DPS with my current gear; here it is, for reference (can't post jewels atm):

Edit: you will also probably get a lot more overall damage if you drop your Orb of Storms support gems for Curse on Hit, Conductivity, and Increased Critical Strikes (I'm betting you're not able to keep Elemental Overload consistently triggered, since I'm not seeing much crit chance on your gear).

Also, a cluster jewel when you get more levels.

do you have a stream? I'd love to pick your brain about how to craft some of these items. I'm very new and I have the basics of harvest crafting but i'd have no clue how you make stuff like yours.

No stream, but you're totally welcome to message me in-game! I'll be on 8 hours or so from the time of this post. But CliffAhead is right, there have been some detailed discussions about crafting in this thread over the past week or so, and they are absolutely worth the read. I'm not an expert on crafting, but even knowing the fundamentals is enough to craft great gear this league.
@WorderMostFoul

just a question: you anointed Mana Flows on your amulet. what was your thought process?

Don't need to anoint Crusader because Crown on the Innward Eye settles that notable

Did you consider Mind Drinker?

i anointed Mind Drinker on the same amulet. Mana Flows gives me 1.1% more DPS in PoB, but i feel that the usual times i die was when i flame dash into 2-3 pack of mobs, and the recover 2% of mana on kill helps in sustaining the mana pool for dps/survivability
"
CliffAhead wrote:
@WorderMostFoul

just a question: you anointed Mana Flows on your amulet. what was your thought process?

Don't need to anoint Crusader because Crown on the Innward Eye settles that notable

i anointed Mind Drinker on the same amulet. Mana Flows gives me 1.1% more DPS in PoB, but i feel that the usual times i die was when i flame dash into 2-3 pack of mobs, and the recover 2% of mana on kill helps in sustaining the mana pool for dps/survivability

Mind Drinker is also a great choice, and dirt cheap to boot. My thought process was that recovering 2% of mana on kill is only useful for mapping, and if I die when I'm mapping it's usually because I took so much damage so quickly that the sustain from recovering mana on kill would probably not save me most of the time, anyway. I haven't tested them side-by-side because I am striving to maximize boss DPS and my mana sustain is already very comfortable, even wearing Omeyocan, using Fevered Mind, running RF, and not having recover % of mana on block on my shield. In a nutshell, providing more overall mana and a decent chunk of increased mana regen--which is really powerful for the build in combination with our ascendancy and Cloak of Defiance--makes Mana Flows flat-out better for boss fights; that said, they're both good options, and Mind Drinker might well be the better overall choice.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Aug 14, 2020, 2:13:28 AM
For some reason I've decided to try BL. The difference in damage output with default Arc is insane, especially on bosses. Do i miss something, but why doesn't this build use BL instead ?
"
"
CliffAhead wrote:
@WorderMostFoul

Mind Drinker is also a great choice, and dirt cheap to boot. My thought process was that recovering 2% of mana on kill is only useful for mapping, and if I die when I'm mapping it's usually because I took so much damage so quickly that the sustain from recovering mana on kill would probably not save me most of the time, anyway. I haven't tested them side-by-side because I am striving to maximize boss DPS and my mana sustain is already very comfortable, even wearing Omeyocan, using Fevered Mind, running RF, and not having recover % of mana on block on my shield. In a nutshell, providing more overall mana and a decent chunk of increased mana regen--which is really powerful for the build in combination with our ascendancy and Cloak of Defiance--makes Mana Flows flat-out better for boss fights; that said, they're both good options, and Mind Drinker might well be the better overall choice.

I see where you are coming from and you make sense. I should aim to maximise dps too. Thank you.
The main reason we use shield instead of another wand is bonus % Mana regen?
"
OnlyRipper wrote:

That, and survivability i guess. With % recover mana and life on block, chance to block spell dmg.

Archmage scales with max mana, and with arcane cloak, max mana becomes both an offensivr and defensive modifier, so you dont really need a 2nd wand's mods. Besides, shield can roll 90+% spell dmg, or 100% crit chance if you so fancy, +2 minimum frenzy charge as well
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
OnlyRipper wrote:

That, and survivability i guess. With % recover mana and life on block, chance to block spell dmg.

Archmage scales with max mana, and with arcane cloak, max mana becomes both an offensivr and defensive modifier, so you dont really need a 2nd wand's mods. Besides, shield can roll 90+% spell dmg, or 100% crit chance if you so fancy, +2 minimum frenzy charge as well

Oh ok thx :D

I just started playing. I', not even close with my 10 farmed Chaos Orb to 90+% or 100% rolls.
I was just curious why not benefit the 2 wand damage multiplier.
"
OnlyRipper wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
OnlyRipper wrote:

Oh ok thx :D

I just started playing. I', not even close with my 10 farmed Chaos Orb to 90+% or 100% rolls.
I was just curious why not benefit the 2 wand damage multiplier.

Once you get archmage support, levelling is a breeze. Enki has some cheap trade links after the first post on getting good upgrades for less than 10c, defnitely check it out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info