Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I wonder if it's still an elementalist.
"
smplx wrote:
I wonder if it's still an elementalist.

Looks like it will be necromancer
Yeah. I am watching the videos on twitch now. Not a huge fan of playing necro for a self cast character. I assume it gives solid defenses thrugh the offerings and corpse related buffa, but still. It's also sad. Elementalist is in such a sorry state that you have to go necro with your ele caster to make it somewhat viable.

I might still consider using it as a first character because I wanna try SSF and I am too lazy/inexperienced to plan my own starter for that. Surely it will carry me into yellow/early red maps until I come up with another idea.

Looking forward to the updates. And patch notes.
why choose spell echo not unleash?
Some interesting quotes from the Development Manifesto... waiting for patch notes

"
The Necromancer's Corpse Pact notable now has a maximum of 200% increased attack and cast speed from consuming corpses, as it was possible to get the value to self-scale to problematic numbers using Arcanist Brand.

"
Critical Strike Multiplier values have been lowered from almost every passive, as well as from some items. Critical-based characters far-exceeded non-critical characters later in the game; this will bring the two a little closer together.

"
Archmage support provided too significant a power increase for builds when built around very heavily. We've made changes to bring it more in line with other builds, while still noting that it's going to be a huge source of power for mana-invested builds. It now provides less added lightning damage based on mana spent than it did before, down to 108% of mana cost at level 20 of the gem.

"
The Shakari Pantheon has had its modifiers changed to halve the duration of Poison on you, and prevent you being poisoned while you have at least 5 poison effects on you. This pantheon power trivialised a mechanic that was the core of one of the four major Guardians of the current end-game, and prevented poison being a threatening mechanic to any character.
Last edited by mementoludi on Jun 16, 2020, 4:49:54 AM
"
The Necromancer's Corpse Pact notable now has a maximum of 200% increased attack and cast speed from consuming corpses, as it was possible to get the value to self-scale to problematic numbers using Arcanist Brand.

I don't think this build would reach 200 anyways, so no concern.

"
Critical Strike Multiplier values have been lowered from almost every passive, as well as from some items. Critical-based characters far-exceeded non-critical characters later in the game; this will bring the two a little closer together.

Based on the twitch videos, build is going for ele overload, so this is irrelevant.

"
Archmage support provided too significant a power increase for builds when built around very heavily. We've made changes to bring it more in line with other builds, while still noting that it's going to be a huge source of power for mana-invested builds. It now provides less added lightning damage based on mana spent than it did before, down to 108% of mana cost at level 20 of the gem.

It is down from 127% to 108%. Lets say a cast costs 1000 mana than the difference is 190 added lightning damage? so Instead of 1270 it gives 1080 so around 15% reduction. Which could be meaningful. Not sure my math is correct, I never played archmage.

"
The Shakari Pantheon has had its modifiers changed to halve the duration of Poison on you, and prevent you being poisoned while you have at least 5 poison effects on you. This pantheon power trivialised a mechanic that was the core of one of the four major Guardians of the current end-game, and prevented poison being a threatening mechanic to any character.

This will hit many builds. The new version could still be good though.
"
I'll start updating the guide soon! In the meantime, here's a preview of the new setup.

That looks tanky. Is that with Agnostic + Glancing blows or just one of the two?

I am getting sold on this as a spellcaster starter for SSF, ARC is always fun, and since it is necro and is picking up mainly generic damage it looks to be a good template for most spells.
"
smplx wrote:

That looks tanky. Is that with Agnostic + Glancing blows or just one of the two?

I am getting sold on this as a spellcaster starter for SSF, ARC is always fun, and since it is necro and is picking up mainly generic damage it looks to be a good template for most spells.

Just Agnostic, did lots of testing and came to the conclusion the build feels better without Glancing Blows, plus it's possible to get near block cap with some gear investment.

We could even layer more defenses with Divine Flesh or Garb of the Ephemereal after patch.
twitch.tv/enki91
Glancing blows is worse because of location on tree?
Btw love your guide, can we donate you somehow?
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
smplx wrote:

Just Agnostic, did lots of testing and came to the conclusion the build feels better without Glancing Blows, plus it's possible to get near block cap with some gear investment.

We could even layer more defenses with Divine Flesh or Garb of the Ephemereal after patch.

Cool. That saves like four points - GB could still be good though with garbage gear early game. Easy damage smoothing. Thanks Enki, looking forward to the update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info