Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Making power charge was never a problem, replacing PCoC on my 6L arc settup with increase critical strike gave me 12k dps at full PC stack.
"
coolspot wrote:
Making power charge was never a problem, replacing PCoC on my 6L arc settup with increase critical strike gave me 12k dps at full PC stack.
Don't you got an empower gem? Also maybe you need higher crit rolls on your gear cause I'm about 50% crit with 5 PCs and each chain can crit 50% basically. I'm not near your level however. :)
Im still using Tabula for chest so I can use different combos for the Arc, and by some luck got lvl 19 Innervate and Im loving it for the 6th gem slot over "Add lightning" overall I see the same dmg but I move faster and cast more :D
converting 1/2 the damage to cold and then using cold pen doesn't make sense to me. You just gimped your pen, and that ring is cool but at 40-50% crit your shock chance is going to already be high. There are also a few other notable weird choices in tree and gem setup.
@heroine4life

We use cold pen rather than lightning pen because it allows us to freeze targets easier. If we use lightning pen sure we get shock anyways but we aren't getting the full benefit of CotB because are cold damage at worst isn't penetrating enemy resists and at best having a 36% more multiplier attached to the damage we're already dealing. If we freeze we automatically shock PLUS it allows us to use herald of ice reliably, allowing us to spread our curses farther than Herald of Thunder would. Not to mention that freezing enemies is free CC, adding to the builds survivability.
@Vaaroth,

First 36% pen is not at most 36% more but at least 36% more. From 0% to -36% is 36% more, from 75% to 39% is 244% more (though if we are going to get technical the % more can be less if the monster res. is below 0)!

The freeze is nice survability and CC but because you are talking about 1/2 conversion, and the tree is light on crit damage and damage (focuses a lot on cast speed) the freeze doesn't work well on mid-tier blues. Hoards of whites are never really an issue for survability.

Herald of ice is more reliable than lightning for curses (mostly due to range) but again it doesn't work well on instance map bosses or solo pack yellows; they both require a kill to trigger the event (neither work on Atziri for instance). I prefer to Curse on Hit onto orb of storms. Reliable, good range, and works on bosses dependably.
Last edited by heroine4life on Mar 8, 2016, 2:48:35 PM
"
Ishabooo wrote:
"
kyuuza wrote:
So I'm on the fence about using orb of storms... I feel like the way I play (making sure I keep my distance), orb of storms really doesn't do much for me. It's probably due to the fact that I feel so squishy because we don't stack any other defenses other than life and orb of storms requires you to be close enough for it to be effective. How do other people feel about this? Talking about hardcore of course.
I've been using it as he has it for Occultist gem setup, and I see what you're saying. However, I feel whenever I drop it and spam arc through it, the chains make it so much more worth. It's an extra conduit which basically gives you a free chain off of it. So worth later on imo. After you get the two CWDT setups and get into MoM / Vaal Pact, things get much smoother. :) I'm not even playing with that great of gear either.

I mean I'm not disagreeing that orb of storms is bad for single target. It's hella good for single target. It's just that the times that I really REALLY need it i.e. hard bosses I'm rarely in a good position to use it because I spend a lot of time kiting and minimizing the damage that I take.
"
Chronos6969 wrote:
Hi guys.

I'm a bit new so...

I'm at lvl 23 and I'm using spark+Added lighting dmg+faster casting on my weapon.

When should I change spark to Arc?

My game is:
-Cast flame totem
-Cast spark to clean
-Dance

Should I do something else or that's all by now?

Someone? :D
"
Chronos6969 wrote:
"
Chronos6969 wrote:
Hi guys.

I'm a bit new so...

I'm at lvl 23 and I'm using spark+Added lighting dmg+faster casting on my weapon.

When should I change spark to Arc?

My game is:
-Cast flame totem
-Cast spark to clean
-Dance

Should I do something else or that's all by now?

Someone? :D

I think he mentioned it under his leveling section in the first post.

Spark will outperform arc until arc is level 16. From my personal experience this is true, but I switched to arc when arc was level 15 cause I wanted the longer range and at longer range spark becomes a bit more unreliable. It's still great for bosses though.
"
kyuuza wrote:
"
Ishabooo wrote:
"
kyuuza wrote:
So I'm on the fence about using orb of storms... I feel like the way I play (making sure I keep my distance), orb of storms really doesn't do much for me. It's probably due to the fact that I feel so squishy because we don't stack any other defenses other than life and orb of storms requires you to be close enough for it to be effective. How do other people feel about this? Talking about hardcore of course.
I've been using it as he has it for Occultist gem setup, and I see what you're saying. However, I feel whenever I drop it and spam arc through it, the chains make it so much more worth. It's an extra conduit which basically gives you a free chain off of it. So worth later on imo. After you get the two CWDT setups and get into MoM / Vaal Pact, things get much smoother. :) I'm not even playing with that great of gear either.

I mean I'm not disagreeing that orb of storms is bad for single target. It's hella good for single target. It's just that the times that I really REALLY need it i.e. hard bosses I'm rarely in a good position to use it because I spend a lot of time kiting and minimizing the damage that I take.

Yeah I gotcha. Sometimes you need that BURST not necessarily the consistency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info