Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

So I ran into a Terrace map which had 60% chance to ignore status ailments... pretty much couldn't do anything against the final boss. Arc automatically kills the devourers and he just outheals my damage.
Good day,
Just bought Void battery and looking at yours void battery passive skill tree. Is is important to take Pain Attunemet skill point?
Last edited by Vacys on Jan 8, 2016, 12:48:03 AM
So I proceeded with this build and now at level 82 I am just starting with T5 maps. I do have what I would call "decent" gear for being just 2-3 weeks into the game at all, but I am struggling with some topics.

1. Dexterity
Right now the only item with Dex on it (+31) is my second ring boosting my Dex up to 115 limiting my Vaal Haste gem at level 10. If I replace this ring with something that has no Dex on it I'd loose even more levels of VH and even some levels of HoI, AA and both Cold Pen.

So should I keep this ring and wait for an update that also has 31 Dex on it? Or just take the +30 Dex Passive Skill and ignore the very last "Mana Regeneration and Life" node when my tree gets maxed out?

There are so many nice and even cheap Diamond rings out there providing an update for me but I don't know what to do about my Dex then :(

2. Next upgrade
Furthermore I found out that Lightning Coil, CoD and all the other unique chests are pretty expensive when you want to buy them as a 6L in Talisman. I am already leveling a 20q Empower on my second weapon set so I guess trying to get a rare 6L chest (around 1-2 ex) would be my next upgrade when I am able to afford it?

3. Rarity of items found
I noticed that your gear has no IIR at all. Do you switch out gear for easier maps to improve IIR or do you pretty much stick to your original build setup all the time and just ignore bad IIR?

Right now my IIR coming from gear is 32% and I am running the IIR gem until I am feeling comfortable using Blood Rage instead. Should I drop the IIR on gear entirely when I find suitable upgrades or should I work on a "decent" second weapon or weapon/shield set to switch to more IIR sometimes? Does it even make sense?

Just for reference, that's my current setup:
DPS buffed and with 6 active PC are around 19.5k, Health is around 3.9k and Resistances are capped except cold which is somewhere at 30 or 40% iirc and chaos which is still positive but low.

Void Batteries are quite expensive right now, so I have some questions about it.

* Is it worth trying to chance Prophecy Wands in hope of getting Void batteries?

* Because Moosorrows are quite cheap, is it worth to switch my daggers to 2 Moonsorrows? I doubt, it but better to be sure
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jan 8, 2016, 8:19:29 AM
@7thSlap: Nope, don't do it. Flasks are limited, especially at tougher bosses you'll run OOM very fast.

@Ithilir: You can get it, but it's usually cheaper to just aim for a Lv20/21 gem instead of the same with quality. Due to being a crit build, we also have a 100% chance to apply both status ailments (given enough damage is dealt) on crit anyway.

@meep_42: I don't like the idea of reducing crit in a crit build, especially on a 5% crit base where it's very hard to get reasonable crit in the first place. Controlled Destruction is just tooltip, but hurts your damage consistency. I hope GGG increases its penalty so people stop using it in crit builds and getting a wrong picture of crit casters.

Even with "just" affecting half of our damage, Cold Penetration is straight up better than CD can ever be. +60/80% cold resistance and Elemental Equilibrium are quite common mods in high maps, not to mention basic monster resistances. Without Cold Pen you simply could not freeze in these maps and lose a huge part of this build.

@Kanguranan: Finish the 100pt tree first and you have the base outline of all you need. After that, start taking the nodes you feel are the most impactful with your gear. Want more mana? Then take the mana nodes. Want more damage? Take crit nodes. Got some good jewels with life and DPS mods? Take jewel slots.

If you can't afford CotB yet, you can temporarily use Three Dragons. You'll lose the ability to shock, but can atleast freeze stuff. After getting CotB, ditch the helmet again.

@Won7on: It's one of the bosses i skip with this build, It's just not worth it.

@Vacys: Why would you take Pain Attunement? We're not a lowlife build, so there's not much of a point.

@Legedric: You can also get dex on your amulet. If that's not an option but you want to change your ring, just take the 30 Dex node. Chances are you won't reach Lv100 anyway (it's not that easy in this game unless you grind high maps alot), and if you do skipping one of the mana nodes won't hurt that much.

About chests it's up to you. Fusings are pretty cheap atm, so you can just buy a chest and try to 6l yourself. Or go the safe way, and save up for an already 6-linked chest.
If you go for a rare 6L for now, make sure to get an INT base, otherwise you'll have troubles getting the right colours.

We're a little packed on required stats for this build, especially when using Lightning Coil and crit gloves, that's why there's simply not much room for IIR. Atleast if we want to keep the gear cheap.
If i want to MF, i simply switch to a full IIR set and farm Dried Lake. You don't really need resistances or much mana regen there, just enough to cast Arc.
Btw. not sure if i udnerstood you right, but simply slotting IIR gem into your gear does nothing. It must be linked to a skill that's used for the killing blow, otherwise it won't apply.

You should definitely cap all your elemental resistances, chaos is not as important. Your amulet still has improvement potential, or your rare ring. Try to use these slots for capping your resistances.

@Nishrek: Imo it's worth chancing Prophecy Wands and Sorcerer Boots, everything else is kind of a waste. Moonsorrows are bad as they have no crit. You could replace your daggers to a setup like what i got linked from Talisman (still my weapons, just took off mtx).
twitch.tv/enki91
I don't understand why we're not taking the Crackling Speed node. It gives 46% Lit damage, 4% cast speed and 10% Crit Stike Multi. On paper, that's exactly what we want, isn't it? Is there a problem here I'm not seeing?

Sorry if this has been answered before and I missed it.
"
Monkeyface wrote:
"
Kanguranan wrote:

By using the chaos recipe you can easy farm ~0,5 exalt per hour. So 4 hours farming for the ring.

Cheers
-Monkeyface.

Sorry for OT, but I often read the above and just dont unterstand how thats supposed to work.
In standard, i grind T5-T7 maps and my result based on pure chaos recipe is more like 1 chaos per hour. I just never find enough amulets. Am I missing something?
"
Monkeyface wrote:
"
Kanguranan wrote:

By using the chaos recipe you can easy farm ~0,5 exalt per hour. So 4 hours farming for the ring.

Cheers
-Monkeyface.

Sorry for OT, but I often read the above and just dont unterstand how thats supposed to work.
In standard, i grind T5-T7 maps and my result based on pure chaos recipe is more like 1 chaos per hour. I just never find enough amulets. Am I missing something?

You should definitely be getting more than 1 chaos an hour just from the chaos recipe. You should save pretty much every amulet you find though and just use them for the chaos recipe. It's pretty much expected that amulets are the rarest component. If worst comes to worst, just alch white base amulets. It won't be as much of a profit, but it'll at least help crank out the chaos recipes and keep your inventory space clear.

The ~.5 exalts per hour figure isn't strictly based on the chaos recipe. Even on standard that'd be like 25-30 chaos an hour, which isn't going to happen. On Talisman, exalts go for like 70 something. The .5 exalts per hour figure is based on a combination of chaos recipe, mixed currency drops, and other items as well.
Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jan 8, 2016, 12:50:27 PM
Thanks for this build!
What do you think of going for ball lightning + curse on hit setup instead of using herald of ice? I often feel like the aoe explosions dont really do much since the stuff that is near the herald of ice explosions dies to arc anyways.This way you dont benefit a whole lot of warlords marks leech effect, although it is good to keep endurance charges up. Wouldnt it be better to use a ball lightning to get the most out of the leech of warlords mark by applying it on nearly everything ahead of you and skip herald of ice? Or is herald of ice that much superior for gaining the endurance charges?
Last edited by BammLee on Jan 8, 2016, 10:16:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info