Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hey Folks. New to POE and have made it to end game thanks to this awesome guide.

I've been looking at the timeless jewels, saw something interesting, and am craving a more expert perspective.

In the center right of our tree (between Pain Attunement and Conduit), we can slot an "eternal" timeless jewel with the least possible harm. Total stats lost:

40 int
10 dex
10 str
16 % cast speed
26 % crit multiplier
10% effect of shock
36% lightning damage
30% crit chance

Taking the "Chitus" version of the timeless jewel gives us "Supreme Ego", which pumps up our Wrath aura by 50% with no downside if its already in an essence worm.

Additionally, we can get at least 2 notable nodes (a third with 1-2 additional stat points invested). These nodes include things like:

80% increased Spell Damage
+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier
30% increased Effect of Shock
80% increased Critical Strike Chance
15% increased Attack Speed

I am very new to POB, but I can make the DPS number higher (not by a ton) with this setup. And it seems to be a potential source for Effect of Shock (I have no idea how to muck with that in POB) that has been a topic of discussion.

Any obvious reasons why this is awful? Or thoughts on if/how it could be viable?

Thanks.
Hello,

I just discovered this build and it looks amazing.
Like exactly what I, as a new player, can take and progress from start to finish :)

Just one question:
I play on Playstation 4, only having a Macbook as a computer at home.
So I can´t use path of building.
The links to the leveling tree on the PoE website say, that the tree there is from version 3.6 and not up to date.
Is there a possibility to get the current tree for 3.7 without path of building?

"
‣ Optionally get six more Arc gems and level them in your secondary weapon slots
For more information about this, please read the "First Steps for New Players" Miniguide

I looked in the mini guide, didn't find this info.

Side note however, a lot of these gems on a SSF first hero playthrough need orb of transmutation, what would you recommend to get those quickly? just pick up rares?
Huge thanks to everyone taking their time to answer questions in here, I appreciate all of you!

Quickly went through some of the recent questions:

@Rico549
Work on flasks and jewel sockets. Ele damage with attacks craft on belt doesn't work, Arc is a spell. Your amulet and Diamond Ring can easily be upgraded, since you seem low on res it may also be better to use rare
boots to cap them for now.

@Chaseroonie1
Pretty much what my legion char uses, I didn't play this game for weeks now so no changes there. Inc Crit Dmg & Efficacy instead of Hypo & Unleash, also Wave of Conviction instead of Purifying Flame.

@choco11
Looks decent, only really losing cast speed. I've spend my last few ex trying to roll a decent one but got nothing good.

@Morb_84
The passive trees are all updated, you can just follow them. Something is weird about this forum, even when I manually set them up point by point on this website after the newest patch goes live, it will eventually say within the same patch cycle that they are outdated.

@Disposition96
‣ Level gems: Make use of your secondary weapon slot to level six copies of Arc or other gems for a chance to corrupt them to Lv21 once they reach Lv20, in some cases 20% Quality is also required. Even if technically not active, these gems will still gain experience at full value.

For transmutes, just pick up random items and sell them unidentified.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 18, 2019, 6:47:12 AM
Thank you so much!
I started the char yesterday and while I just managed to get to lvl 17, it’s a blast to play it.
Stupid question (I started PoE few days ago).

I got a wand with 3links blue
I got arc gem and few other lighting support.

which gems do I need to put in my wand in order to get an arc ? Probably for you this is stupid, but again, just started.

I tried with this order:
first - ARC
second - lightning warp
3rd - added light damage support.

and I didnt get an ARC. Only some kind of blue aura ...

pls advice!
"
_MrL_ wrote:
Stupid question (I started PoE few days ago).

I got a wand with 3links blue
I got arc gem and few other lighting support.

which gems do I need to put in my wand in order to get an arc ? Probably for you this is stupid, but again, just started.

I tried with this order:
first - ARC
second - lightning warp
3rd - added light damage support.

and I didnt get an ARC. Only some kind of blue aura ...

pls advice!

The order of the gems does not matter.

It's important that the sockets are linked in order for Ark to be supported from the support gems.

How ever, you should be able to socket Arc in any blue gem slot on your gear and you shuld be able to select Arc in your hotbar and start lasering mobs. Make sure you didnt have arc socketed in an weapon in your inactive weapon slot.
Map: "Area is inhabited by Goatmen"
Templar: "Heavy breathing"
Last edited by Noodlez on Jul 18, 2019, 3:01:37 PM
I changed my Doryani's by a Corona Solaris, can you guys suggest a good thing to replace my blind setup? Something that compensates the less damage of corona over doryani's? i have lost around 3-4k dps.

Another thing, did you guys think that the assassin's mark ring can be substituted by a mark of the shaper ring withou an elder/shaped essense worm?
I made this change when buyed the corona solaris, because corona have lots of crit chance
I returned to POE after several leagues off and am moving right along with this build and enjoying it immensely. I'm out of cheap upgrades though (other than buying a jewel for my empty slot when I get home lol), so I'm wondering what is the best investment for the next upgrade to gear. I think it's a socketed belt or maybe jewelry, but then I started wondering about my chestpiece. Is it smarter to spend some dough to get an ok 6L rare, and use that until I can afford a 6L Inpulsa? Or should I just keep my 5L rare I have right now and upgrade next to a 5L Inpulsa? I don't have a good understanding of how much having Hypothermia come online will impact my damage. TY Enki and everyone else in advance.
I could use some SSF-friendly advice at this point -- I've been stuck at 89 for a few weeks as I keep dying on and off all over the place on maps 5-12. I don't think there are any particular mods or enemies that seem to be the culprit other than tier 10+ legion encounters and kitava. I blew a bunch of currency trying to get a crappy assassin's mark ring, so I don't have a ton of crafting to sling around, but if anyone has some tips for getting to the next level, I'd really appreciate it.

--edit nevermind, I couldn't figure out how to delete this post, but thank you anyways!
Last edited by Hoopitywhatwhat on Jul 18, 2019, 11:15:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info