[1.3] Fallen Angel - Low Life Energy Shield/Righteous Fire Arcer by Howsya

"
HeavenzWrath wrote:

Listen to the OP and f'ed up my main accounts character. Clearly HIGH ENERGY SHIELD and ALOT of FASTER START of ENERGY SHIELD RECHARGE is needed. Nice indepth info right here.
Wish.I.knew.About.This.Earlier.Oh.Em.Gee.
I have similar gear to OP but still could not maintain the ES regen rate. Had to use a few Orbs of regret to spec out and wear heartbreaker to make this work.

OP's build works. I play with him every day. I can even do the RF math if you want. Faster start of energy shield recharge will never ever help you with RF. RF is constant degen which means no matter how much faster start you get you can not ever get recharge while running RF.

If you have trouble mentaining regen please post your tree, equip and lvl of purity of fire. I'll show you why yours doesn't work ;)
I like the idea of ES+RF because it makes RF better but i don't really get this build other then using RFs damage bonus for arc

I didn't watch all of the vid but your RF is hardly even used to hurt/kill mobs its mostly just arc

If it's just to give arc RFs bonus wouldn't just reworking the tree give better bonus then it?
"
Lynerus wrote:
I like the idea of ES+RF because it makes RF better but i don't really get this build other then using RFs damage bonus for arc

I didn't watch all of the vid but your RF is hardly even used to hurt/kill mobs its mostly just arc

If it's just to give arc RFs bonus wouldn't just reworking the tree give better bonus then it?

I will be honest it was mainly for the boost to Arc and the insanely cool look you get around the character.

I chose Arc as it meant i could attack totem's (i completely forgot about the 1.3 update) and RF gives a great boost to base spell damage as well as the MORE spell damage in the vid you literally see my DPS almost double when i activate RF.

The issue with using PURE RF is that you are unable to leech Energy Shield (unless Fire Doryani's Belt works. Would have to test)

However if you wished to become a purist RF'er i would probably suggest the similar gear in my post but with something like the following passive tree

http://poeurl.com/za9r6LF

or

http://poeurl.com/za9t2ZD

Likely the second tree if it was me as you will need to be more in the middle of a fight than on the edge so more ES more survive ability and more damage to boot.

Cast on Damage Taken + Arc + Life Leech (although the damage would be minimal due to reduction from CoDT unless you can get a nice 20% Q one) could be your source of ES recovery outside of the untested belt.

EDIT:

Have done a quick test and with a Doryani's Sceptre giving 1% Elemental damage as leech i can confirm that it does not work with RF.

With this i mind i would most definitely choose the second of the two passives tree setups. I have not felt that worried about my ES in a long time since running my setup.

One plus though. I guess it means you can run a Redbeak sword or a +2 Fire sceptre/wand for a little extra to your RF.

With this in mind and lack of leech you could potentially chaneg your passive tree to something like this.

http://poeurl.com/za9AowR

and with the extra mana you have spare run a AA for a nice flat damage reduction.
Last edited by Howsya on Jan 10, 2015, 1:14:44 PM
Added video of a lvl 74 Gorge (speed run... well kinda)
"
Luka666 wrote:

OP's build works. I play with him every day. I can even do the RF math if you want. Faster start of energy shield recharge will never ever help you with RF. RF is constant degen which means no matter how much faster start you get you can not ever get recharge while running RF.

If you have trouble mentaining regen please post your tree, equip and lvl of purity of fire. I'll show you why yours doesn't work ;)

" Faster start of energy shield recharge will never ever help you with RF " It does help you silly little noob. I tested it out and it worked where as you did not and saying it doesn't help.. a bit dull of you. Test if yourself before talking [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jan 18, 2015, 10:45:47 AM
"
HeavenzWrath wrote:
"
Luka666 wrote:

" Faster start of energy shield recharge will never ever help you with RF " It does help you silly little noob. I tested it out and it worked where as you did not and saying it doesn't help.. a bit dull of you. Test if yourself before talking [Removed by Support]

HeavenzWrath.

Nice extract from the Path of Exile wiki to help with the current debate.

Recharging

Energy shield will automatically begin to recharge if the character does not take any damage for a certain period of time. With Blood Magic, spending life instead of mana to use a skill counts as taking damage. By default, the delay period for energy shield to begin to recharge is 6 seconds. This can be reduced with Increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery modifiers from passive skills and equipment.

Link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Energy_shield

and now for the how and why and extract from the wiki once again.

Righteous Fire

Life Degeneration Effect: While this skill is active, you and surrounding enemies will take fire degeneration damage (damage over time). This damage can be mitigated with fire resistance for both you and surrounding enemies. Righteous Fire will damage energy shield and keep it from recharging while the skill is active, but it can still regenerate if you have life regeneration and the Zealot's Oath keystone.

Link: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Righteous_Fire

The Result

Energy Shield Regeneration (not taking damage) + Righteous Fire (constant degen damage) != Getting Energy Shield Return.

If it is possible to actually reduce Energy Shield Recharge time down from 6 seconds to 0 it still would not trigger as once again Righteous Fire is a constant degeneration effect and thus taking damage.

As i have said in my very first post. I am not a master Exile builder, however plain maths should and flavor texts should give a big enough clue that the selected combination you suggest would not work.

The only possible solution to obtaining what you say is to have 100% Fire Resistance. During this time you would... so long as you are not taking ANY other form of damage indeed regenerate you Energy Shield.

However there is a slight issue with that. I have 92% Fire Resistance which obtained from a lvl23 Purity of Fire, and the +1% from the passive tree. That reduces all remaining Fire Damage taken to 8%. That in itself is ALOT of damage reduction. But i still take 8% damage.

Ok so pop a Ruby Flask. GREAT!!! 4.5 Seconds of 100% Fire Resistance. 5 seconds later i am once again taking 8% Fire damage and once again loosing ES.
Last edited by Howsya on Jan 21, 2015, 11:04:02 AM
Fresh update. New DPS and VoD
Took 2 runs of Normal Atziri service from Howsya in the last 30minutes.
Nice and smooth runs.

Loot: 2x Flask 1x Starkonija's Head, lots of rares and lots of maps 68-71.

He got: 1x Mortal Grief

Thanks, would take it again (but I'd rather finally manage to kill the damn b*tch myself :D).

IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Last edited by Yoman on Feb 1, 2015, 6:59:55 PM
"
Yoman wrote:
Took 2 runs of Normal Atziri service from Howsya in the last 30minutes.
Nice and smooth runs.

Loot: 2x Flask 1x Starkonija's Head, lots of rares and lots of maps 68-71.

He got: 1x Mortal Grief

Thanks, would take it again (but I'd rather finally manage to kill the damn b*tch myself :D).

Your more than welcome. Was fun to run them for you. :)
I have followed your passive tree on ALL the HP regen nodes, and I have all the right gear, yet im still losing ES when i pop RF, what am i missing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info