Final 0.9.3 Patch Notes

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Britannicus wrote:
I dunno if this has been mentioned, but what are your thoughts on consolidating the 4 minion support gems into two, 1 which does Damage / Run Speed (say, minion leadership) and a 1 which does Life / Duration (minion master)?

I just say this because Run Speed and Duration seem to be more associated with convenience than effectiveness.
There are only three minion support gems - Life, Damage and Movement speed. Increased Duration applies to any skill with a duration (currently the only minion skill with a duration is Dominating Blow).

Of the other three, we don't want to combine them, because that reduces player choice and build diversity. We want people to chose which gem or combination of gems they specifically want to use on each type of minion, and by keeping things separate, we create more meaningful choices.

I wish you worked on minion AI, UI and instance transfer before making and "wasting" time on minion support gems. You need to get the basics working 100% before making extra stuff. Personally these supports will not get me to play a minions based characters, I will try one of those only once you fix/implement minion basics :)

Also, is 0.9.3 bringing us any minion skills gems that summon minions instead of raising them (or converting them)?

what about unique items? will they be widely available in 0.9.3? can we expect some proper uniques? if so, will they drop in a similar rate compared to 0.9.2?
Last edited by Tanet on Nov 7, 2011, 7:11:42 AM
"
dust7 wrote:
Double Strike not usable on bows anymore is a bummer. Not because I do not believe there will be other interesting skills, but because I get the feeling that now I will attack slower than a double strike using character that has no passive points in attack speed, while myself I have put all available points in it.

yeah, bummer
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Changed the gem-support system so that only Support Gems in the same physical group as a Skill Gem connect to it.

Doesn't it already do this? Even if it doesn't, I'm not sure what the change is.

Previously, if you had Fireball-MultipleProjectiles in one item and Fireball-AddedColdDamage in another item, the Fireball skill would get both. Now you get two different fireball skills.

I had read correct the first time, so one of the things that made the strengh of this game is gone... We 'll need to find (craft too) items with good sockets and links and find as many support gem as skill : before, one support for 3 skill in one item, 1 other support for same skills in an other item, the skills had the benefits of the 2 supports, now, for having the same result, 2 support with a skill in one item, the same 2 support with an other skill in a second item and the same process within a third item...
Ok, on one side, it's more normal than all supports should be on the same item with the skill;
But on the other side, it's really a bad news because support gems were harder to drop than skill gems. So now, people will axing their char on the development of only one skill...And only no life player (with their farming) will be able to have more than one skill full suported ...
So skill and supports should have their drop rating raised for that people will have the same pleasure of game.
"
silvos252 wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:
Double Strike not usable on bows anymore is a bummer. Not because I do not believe there will be other interesting skills, but because I get the feeling that now I will attack slower than a double strike using character that has no passive points in attack speed, while myself I have put all available points in it.

yeah, bummer

First, use frenzy,
After, use Split arrow or poison arrow (with a piercing gem), with (elemental) damage support gem. You'll kill faster than an only double strike user
"
Ice Spear now uses an increased critical strike chance to achieve the damage bonus and freeze when in its armed state.

I couldn't quite understand what was said here, does this mean that Ice Spear is getting an increased critical chance when it switches to the armed state?
"
DrTenma wrote:
"
Ice Spear now uses an increased critical strike chance to achieve the damage bonus and freeze when in its armed state.

I couldn't quite understand what was said here, does this mean that Ice Spear is getting an increased critical chance when it switches to the armed state?

When in its => should be more When it has switched ...
Ice Spear Powaaaaa Lol
I just love how you explain the mechanics to us :)

Theorycrafting is one of the fun aspects of this gametype!

Great update!
Is Act 3 coming in with this patch or is that to follow later?
"
Poobah wrote:
Is Act 3 coming in with this patch or is that to follow later?

Act 3 is scheduled for open beta release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info