Races Start Tomorrow and Lots of PvP Updates

"
morbo wrote:
Well, that's too bad, cause that format had something for everybody. Nice lower rewards for common players and GG rewards for competitive players. Longer season, more races for everyone to 'catch up' to the tier they aspired.

Yes, but people were accidentally having fun, so that couldn't possibly go on for much longer. :p
no endless ledge, finally. most retarded race ever. Sad that this bullshit called D:C came back from oblivion
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
A222 wrote:
"
I was really hyped for this league and came back to PoE but now you gave me a reason more to leave.

1. PvP Events on Standard why not the new League where everyone would start new ?
2. Since the start of PoE there is a LLD community in standard
3. And another way to just win with good gear, skill doesnt matter here.

http://i.imgur.com/MTWlqgj.jpg Top Tier LLD Gear - try to win against one like this just with Low or Mid Gear.... no chance

But anyway have fun guys, i will check out the race ladder just to see the same top 3 every time...

basically you want to be in top 10 but don't wanna do as much as anyone else in top 10. legit.

Maybe, He want to be in top 10 because of his skill not his gear ...
But it's not a game for that in an hack n slash pvp is base on gear.

But pvp tournament with premade gear (something better than just blue gear) will be really nice
Didn't play any LLD this weekend but I did watch alot on Twitch. I have to say, despite the CoD meta being obviously game breaking, I found it extremely entertaining. Here's to more of it in 2015. Time to farm Piety :D Happy Christmas GGG - enjoy your time off!
Thanks for the update as always.. You guys deserve a break for all the hard work you do.. Take some time off and come back fresh for the big Act 4 release! (CAN'T WAIT!) Hope you all have a nice holiday.. Merry Christmas!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
Chris wrote:
"
TherosPherae wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Over the next couple of weeks, patches will come a little slower because we're running a skeleton crew over Christmas (Chatters has an important role).

What a glorious pun.

Chatters was named after our local laundromat. I went there today, in fact. It was recently ignited but didn't proliferate. After rerolling, it has a lot more cold res and better bandit choices.

haha, epic way to tell poor chatters burned down XD

the new chatters should have a santa hat over christmas and his skellie minions should have little green hats, it makes it was easier to tell who is in control when you are too busy Chris ;)
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Tomorrow marks the start of Race Season Ten. It sees the return of Descent: Champions and includes Descent burst races.

The previous race season you guys killed races for a lot of people. Making the rewards, specially the interesting ones, cost more points than ever, making the season shorter (like 2/3) and still giving a crap number of points to the average player. Combined with the usual horrible schedule, balanced around people that can play this game 12 or more hours per day.

Will this ever be changed or are races already dead for the players who have a life?

I agree that there should be something done about the race schedule.. I wish that every account was able to take part in all the day's races 1 time. So say there's a 1hr DC race at 4PM EST. Anyone would be able to run that race at any time during that day, and the race lasts for 1 hour. This might be hard to implement and Im sure Im not explaining clearly, but something like this would do wonders for those with jobs and/or a family to take care of first..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
That Alpha's howl looks pretty sick.

I'd be quite interested, but honestly (and not to sound bitter), I know I'll never get enough points, so I'm not even going to try.

But I'm sure I'll run some of these more for fun, and get some lower prizes.

Keep up the good work, GGG.

I feel that your case is far too common for the majority of the player base.. It's too bad they can't give the ~300 point reward something really cool (that alpha howl comes to mind :) hehe), and then give the 1000 point reward something uber special (headhunter and void battery are 2 items that come to mind)... It's not like those 1000 point rewards ever get used anyways, I can bet that most, if not 99% of them, end up rotting away in the player's permanent league remove only stash tab..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
You can get 500 points playing 2-3 hrs a day after work pretty easily.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
keta wrote:
"
A222 wrote:
"
I was really hyped for this league and came back to PoE but now you gave me a reason more to leave.

1. PvP Events on Standard why not the new League where everyone would start new ?
2. Since the start of PoE there is a LLD community in standard
3. And another way to just win with good gear, skill doesnt matter here.

http://i.imgur.com/MTWlqgj.jpg Top Tier LLD Gear - try to win against one like this just with Low or Mid Gear.... no chance

But anyway have fun guys, i will check out the race ladder just to see the same top 3 every time...

basically you want to be in top 10 but don't wanna do as much as anyone else in top 10. legit.

Maybe, He want to be in top 10 because of his skill not his gear ...
But it's not a game for that in an hack n slash pvp is base on gear.

But pvp tournament with premade gear (something better than just blue gear) will be really nice

This is typical SCRUB behavior. Within the context of the rules, what is the difference in a) spending time to farm items (which are really not that expensive) b) spending time getting good at pvp. Scrubs complain

Spoiler
The scrub mentality is to be so shackled by self-imposed handicaps as to never have any hope of being truly good at a game. You can practice forever, but if you can't get over these common hangups, in a sense you've lost before you even started. You've lost before you even picked which game to play. You aren't playing to win.

A scrub would disagree with this though. They'd say they are trying very hard. The problem is they are only trying hard within a construct of fictitious rules that prevent them from ever truly competing.

Why does the vTact think for a second that he would have a chance if he had equal gear? He flat out WOULDN'T. He hasn't played and has no basis to claim that he would have a chance. This excuse has always been poor because they have no context for their statements, having never played pvp with good gear.

So to make himself feel better, he complains about the gear disparity between people who farm for it and himself, a complaining hothead with no plans to ever play pvp anyways.

Changing the format to use premade gear would not allow for build diversity. Let the beauty of the crafting system shine by allowing people to use their own gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info