Sacrifice

So after missing a day of work because all week id been getting crap for sleep because of my entertainment obsessions...
I have become far to decadent.

I decided i will quit doing non-productive things for a while until i can accomplish something. Give up smoking, gaming, movies, you name it. I need to reaffirm my willpower. Need to focus my energies towards something beneficial.

So far i have failed on the smoking front. But i promise ill do better each day.

Iv got a few projects ill be working on:
-Muletaur; a homebrew satirical video game lampooning the gaming tropes and expectations. Gameplay revolves around micromanaging a group of adventurers. You play a 'questmaster' which cons adventurers into collecting valuables and doing assorted work.
-Construct a rational and consistent moral framework. Including values which can be plugged into an algorithm to weigh the 'better' of possible actions.
-Construct an open source distributed computing framework.
-Produce some youtube videos with very high level content illuminating all aspects of 'intelligence'

Wish me luck. Ill need it.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
The last one is impossible as there is no intelligent life on earth.
"
"
SkyCore wrote:

I have become far to decadent.

Too*

Lol, you find em all! Have a cookie. :)
Seems like a step in a meaningful direction.

Best of luck with it all!
:(
cool OP. let me bookmark this page and check in on your progress with that in 6 months or so
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
spontaneous promises of unrealistically ambitious self-improvement. ^_^
This.
Just to update you all on the situation.

I have come to the realization that to deny myself pleasure(unless it would cause harm) is fucking masochist. And have completely abandoned most of my projects. Unless i miraculously have some sort of glut of energy, i will spend my time in unadulterated decadence.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jan 10, 2015, 11:55:06 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:
Just to update you all on the situation.

I have come to the realization that to deny myself pleasure(unless it would cause harm) is fucking masochist. And have completely abandoned most of my projects. Unless i miraculously have some sort of glut of energy, i will spend my time in unadulterated decadence.

Yay for decadence! But why not being ridiculous or at least silly? It's fun and somewhat healthier than decadence.

Hass,

-Voidhead-
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info