[2.0 updated] Shmizz's hardcore perma-freeze guide

Hi,
Here its my take on the build:

Playing on HC 1 month event and so far im killing everything in 1 or 2 hits (including bosses), took the templar way first and now going for breath of rime node, and then works towards that pierce node. My principal concern would be killing myself with a huge crit reflect.

PD: Anyone tested elemental equilibrium+herald of thunder? seems it could work well
Last edited by sirdaxman on Apr 4, 2015, 3:06:41 PM
"
sirdaxman wrote:

PD: Anyone tested elemental equilibrium+herald of thunder? seems it could work well

the EE node in the passive tree would be really bad for ice spear. unless you get a lot of radius for some reason, herald of thunder has a really small radius(smaller than ice spear's morph radius) so in order for you to not just purely lose damage from EE you would have to stand next to every enemy you kill(and never get the second form crit bonus). If you wanted to use Malachai's ring, you can only use one socket so you would get the EE effect and lose the curse on hit on your herald. At that point you may as well just replace your defensive curse with elemental weakness in curse on hit, it would give you more damage in all situations and sill allow you to retain your second form crit bonus on ice spear.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
After some tweaks and one rip, this is my current build at lvl 75 in torment/bloodlines HC:

Struggling to get the auras: grace, purity of ice, clarity, herald of thunder. I will get those +mana nodes on shadow zone for it, and then maybe go for the Sovereignty(using alphas howl). Got no trouble killing anything, got a lot of evasion, dodge, dodge spells (using queen of the forest+ atziris step boots), around 3.5k hp at the moment, still missing hp on rings and some other stuff so i will get 4k hp improving some gear.
A bit of troubles freezing bosses and thats a concern, i guess getting some more dmg nodes could fix that but its hc and im almost lvl 80 to complete all challenges.
"
sirdaxman wrote:
After some tweaks and one rip, this is my current build at lvl 75 in torment/bloodlines HC:

Struggling to get the auras: grace, purity of ice, clarity, herald of thunder. I will get those +mana nodes on shadow zone for it, and then maybe go for the Sovereignty(using alphas howl). Got no trouble killing anything, got a lot of evasion, dodge, dodge spells (using queen of the forest+ atziris step boots), around 3.5k hp at the moment, still missing hp on rings and some other stuff so i will get 4k hp improving some gear.
A bit of troubles freezing bosses and thats a concern, i guess getting some more dmg nodes could fix that but its hc and im almost lvl 80 to complete all challenges.

I'm liking the look of the tweaks you've made to the build here.

Between the 2 builds you've linked on this page,

Whats the difference in playstyle between the EB and Ondars/Acro build?
Easier, harder, etc.
In love with eva build. With the original build i lived in constant fear of everything, not knowing if the next him will be too much to soak, or maybe i wont be able to survive the next 2 hits, or maybe that chaos dmg, or ... And eventually ripped by my own mistake, trying to kill a possesed corrupted boss (freze trapper one) was ok freezing him, till he hitted me just once, then bye bye.
With eva build im not afraid, i can face tank most things, if its projectile they wont ever hit me, if its magic they might, but then i will dodge next attack, its very relax compared to AA build. Also i dont need quicksilver flask now and added a second jade flask, with that u are godlike, having 2, with the 1 charge on crit and +99% evasion u will be inmortal, and when they hit u, u still got the cwdt+enduring cry+inmortal call+ temporal chains (couldnt get 4R on my atziri boots). Only scared of really big stuff like atziri, and high lvl maps, or those 1 hit bosses. For example that Rightneus furious exile that almost got me, but i managed to run away popping all + cwdt.

With the other build using EB+AA u get way better mana regen and pool, so its easier to get auras on and nonstop casting. With eva build some times i need to use a mana leech gem, but in a few lvls i hope i can fix that. I will see if im able to run grace+Purity of ice+ clarity+herald of thunder. So far i can only run 3 of the 4.

Stats are 3.5k hp only, all res maxed, 76cold res without purity of ice, with it i guess 80.
Im playing with a melee armour+eva friend and im way tankier than him right now lol. If one of us dies im sure its going to be him.

this is my current gear(Cost: atziri boots 15c, queen of the forest cost me 30c total to buy+craft into 5L, Shield is self found and cheap as the jewellry and gloves, weapon is crafted and cost me a fortune but not very lucky so far,Howl is around 20c or so negotiating, belt cost 2ex)

This is the end game build, but i dont hope reaching that lvl but u know what i want: (for example those pierce nodes would really help vs Big and hard bloodlines mobs, specially those phylacterials annoyers, but other than that its a luxury spend)
Last edited by sirdaxman on Apr 13, 2015, 4:51:38 PM
Thanks a lot for this guide OP if you ever read this. Your guide made the 8/8 hc/sc league possible for me i did lvl 80 on first try no rips what so ever and that comes from a guy who did sc flameblast with 180+ deaths at lvl 80. Well ofc i was a bit overgeared due to some awesome guys who helped me but overall rly solid and tanky build that made a newb like me faceroll HC thanks a lot cheers. I ll post my gear just fyi

Spoiler

PS. Thanks again for the awesome guide thumbs up times infinite!
"
devia wrote:
Thanks a lot for this guide OP if you ever read this.

No problem man, that's what the guide is for. I'm glad it helped. There is a lot of information from a lot of sources out there but it's hard to find it all consolidated in one place, that was my goal with this guide.
Im in standard and dieing like crazy...:/ not sure what is happening i have almost all defensive nodes.
"
Windrah wrote:
Im in standard and dieing like crazy...:/ not sure what is happening i have almost all defensive nodes.

Do you have capped resistances and a lot of life on your gear? Are you way below zone level?
Most likely you're not dying due to your skill tree, but rather due to lack of proper stats on gear or doing content above your character's ability.
Last edited by Shmizz on May 7, 2015, 10:52:14 PM
Running this build for the 1MHC-FB league, here is what I got so far (lv 57, just entered Merciless)

Spoiler

Really happy with the belt, ruby ring, and gloves I've found. The build felt slow and clunky in Normal and most of Cruel, it wasn't really until I 4-linked GMP+Spell Echo+Pierce to a quality'd Ice Spear did I start to feel powerful. Probably should have just leveled with tendrils and lameblast... oh well

Following Sibble's passive tree btw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info