[2.0 updated] Shmizz's hardcore perma-freeze guide

Thank you.
So my staff is ok. Only get five links. :(

How do you do it? If i cast spell totem, the mobs dies so fast, that i can´t hit them with the normal spell.
If i cast the spell, the mobs to close.

If a monster is marked with "Assassin's Mark" and get killed by the totemspell, the power charge gets the totem, right?
Last edited by the_Arkain on Dec 7, 2015, 12:05:21 PM
"
the_Arkain wrote:
Thank you.
So my staff is ok. Only get five links. :(

How do you do it? If i cast spell totem, the mobs dies so fast, that i can´t hit them with the normal spell.
If i cast the spell, the mobs to close.

If a monster is marked with "Assassin's Mark" and get killed by the totemspell, the power charge gets the totem, right?

The way you play this is, throw down two spell totems, then you start casting ball lightning to curse your enemies. If they die before you can throw ball lightning, then there is no need to curse, just go on and throw down spell totems. But this will change later when you face tougher enemies.

You wont do damage with your ball lightning, but when you crit you have a chance to gain power charges, and your totems will benefit from you having charges.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Also, looks like the tree for talisman will be identical to what it was in 2.0. No changes in that area of the tree by the looks of it. But hopefully Ice Spear might be buffed enough that we have a choice of using that or FP.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Is this build still viable based on the new passive skill tree? Or are there better options now? I'm totally new to the game :)
"
TURFFREY wrote:
Is this build still viable based on the new passive skill tree? Or are there better options now? I'm totally new to the game :)

The skill tree is the same, no changes in the 2.1 patch and freeze pulse was significantly buffed, so the build is really strong right now.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
I have an additional question.

If i don´t skill the two power charge nodes and go instead to totemic mastery (damage way).
Do i will get a damageoutput which is stable maybe equal to the damage with power charges?
"
the_Arkain wrote:

If i don´t skill the two power charge nodes and go instead to totemic mastery (damage way).
Do i will get a damageoutput which is stable maybe equal to the damage with power charges?

It's a crit based build and as with any crit based build the more crit and crit multi you get the better crit and crit multi become as stats. Removing a relatively large amount of crit will significantly reduce your damage potential, though your totems will be tankier and will have more consistent damage. I wouldn't recommend it overall but it's totally up to you to choose.
Thank you. But the totem will get his crit only, if i powered up the power charges.
I ma Level 72 and it is not easy the hold the power charges up until i reach the next monsterpack and cast the totems. :(

Oh and another question. What is your basedamage with golem and auras up?
Only to know, what i have to reach.
Last edited by the_Arkain on Dec 13, 2015, 12:29:19 PM
"
the_Arkain wrote:
Thank you. But the totem will get his crit only, if i powered up the power charges.
I ma Level 72 and it is not easy the hold the power charges up until i reach the next monsterpack and cast the totems. :(

Oh and another question. What is your basedamage with golem and auras up?
Only to know, what i have to reach.

If the mobs are dying so fast you can't hit them and keep your power charges up, it's not a problem, you may want to consider moving into higher level and more difficult content if you feel you can handle it.

unfortunately I don't have my own character anymore, I died a while back so I can't look at my damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info