Nerve-wracking things to do in Path of Exile - HC Uber

Congrats on the kill
Old HC Mirror Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/516260
Impressive. Big grats. :-)
Impressive kill. I like your Enhance-Dur-IC-BR Setup. I tried it with a similar build, and didn't get past the blue mobs. People who haven't tried it probably underestimate how tricky self cast IC is especially in the big rooms.

Some questions: why are you using magnate? Do the surgeon flasks give 2 charges per crit or 1 with it? Seemed like it doesn't affect surgeon.

Is the TW db dmg before the 100% inc dmg map mod?

With voidbringer (+1 ele gems) corrupted to +1 gems and L21 purities you could get L23 purities without empower. Since you're crit you would also get a good bit of DPS.

Why are you using vertex over a acc/es helm? And how did you survive chaos degen at trio?

Also you didn't use dream frags for the blue mobs/vaals. Have you counsidered using it?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
I've been reading you in Funsy's thread for awhile, gj!
That is just crazy. Gratz.
IGN: Reoxy
gg
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

why are you using magnate? Do the surgeon flasks give 2 charges per crit or 1 with it? Seemed like it doesn't affect surgeon.

Charges seem to be counted more precisely than they are shown; if you crit twice with magnate, you end up with +3 charges.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Is the TW db dmg before the 100% inc dmg map mod?

Yes.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

With voidbringer (+1 ele gems) corrupted to +1 gems and L21 purities you could get L23 purities without empower. Since you're crit you would also get a good bit of DPS.

Voidbringer is a poor choice because of the mana cost multiplier. MS already costs 45, and running out of life(mana) means possible death, if it for instance stops you from casting Immortal Call at an important moment. There are also scenarios where I use almost all of my available life (mana) as it is. With BM+VP you run the risk of running dry and becoming a sitting duck, and wasting a flask spot to solve this is unacceptable.

Additionally, you'd only end up taking points away from crit on the tree to spend pathing down the left side to pick up Devotion. If you don't hit Devotion you can't get +80% aura effect which is necessary to get +9% res out of L23 purities, and even if you do this it's only +2% which still requires witch flask nodes to hit 100%. It's more important to have extra ES, stats, chaos res, and if you could have anything IAS, on gloves.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Why are you using vertex over a acc/es helm? And how did you survive chaos degen at trio?

The vertex makes this build possible IMHO. +1 turns a 15 sec IC into a 17 sec one and adds 7% IAS to BR (as you noted, I use an Enhance gem... Level 4 Enhance OP.) It also provides chaos res, but chaos res is not the key to avoiding degen at trio, it's more important to avoid getting ganked by a massive horde of constructs (this nearly happened.) Probably the most important property of the Vertex however is the mana cost reduction; it provides you with a 32 mana cost insanely pumped up IC which is very important.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Also you didn't use dream frags for the blue mobs/vaals. Have you counsidered using it?

Useless ring. It should be evident why in the above/prior info (gotta leave something for folks to figure out on their own :)
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Dec 21, 2014, 1:14:01 PM
Hello there and grats for your kill! :))

I'm doing a copy of your build but i'm REALLY having a hard time staying alive, any hints?

My talent tree is more or less like yours.
No snapshot, No support, Damage and Survivability nerfs over the last patches...
and you just cleared the Alluring Abyss. F*cking Grats man!
Last edited by Hartree on Dec 21, 2014, 6:55:44 PM
@floatingempire: Spend more time mapping or farming to level up your gems. That makes a big difference. Overall, one is not going to have anywhere close to the same efficiency as muir unless he/she spend as much time on perfecting playstyle as he has. Not to mention the insane currency he's spent on gearing.

@muir, where does the database talk about the actual damage per hit/critical strike of Atziri's spear? I only noticed this below. Awesome little database though by the way. Thanks ChuanHsing.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Dec 21, 2014, 10:13:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info