[2.0] BM Chaosballer - HC Viable and Skill Flexible

"
ricklington wrote:
Im doing this for my one month softcore. Here is my gear so far (my res is shit, but I have been trying to rush fast without farming for the good stuff) and should be heading into maps soon.

Spoiler

Your gear is really good for a few days into a new league. Just missing links and colors for things I'm sure you're working towards.

I hope you're not GCP'ing your Fireball gem and you just found it that way because this build does not need ignite. You can also replace PCoC with Conc because Conc adds more damage no matter what tweak you make to the build, but you probably just haven't gotten it yet.

If you're dying too much because of resists, just drop your shield and Maligaro's for more resists and grab a wand with same cast speed and more spell damage. I'm not that interested in the league for some reason so I don't know the market. But even if spell cast + cast speed wands are expensive right now, it will still be more worth it if you're dying too much. Then find rings that will cover everything when you have the currency so you can switch back to Mali and maybe eventually make it to Rathpith for those high quantity dangerous maps. Don't worry about crit/crit multi too much because cast speed and the build itself will carry your DPS fine for now.
Last edited by meest on Mar 28, 2015, 5:26:47 PM
Hello There,

Did you manage to kill Atziri (Normal or Ubber) with this builds ? (Any Video Available ?)

Thx for sharing your experience with the build.

++
"
Pym wrote:
Hello There,

Did you manage to kill Atziri (Normal or Ubber) with this builds ? (Any Video Available ?)

Thx for sharing your experience with the build.

++

Sorry for no response. My interest in PoE is basically zero right now.

I have never attempted uber, but have killed normal with this and other fireball builds. The thing is... it's really hard and there's no video because it's embarrassing how many times I die during it. You can probably do it if you're good, but that's true of every build.
Hey, I don't know whether you are still active but, if you are, how are you going to switch this build over from 1.3 to The Awakening patch? It's a completely different skill tree.
"
Hey, I don't know whether you are still active but, if you are, how are you going to switch this build over from 1.3 to The Awakening patch? It's a completely different skill tree.

Fireball is simply dead outside of CoC once The Awakening hits. Unless they make some major change in its mechanics, the removal of shotgunning completely ruins any Fireball build. It was already one of the worst skills in the game to build around and buffing its damage doesn't help unless it's by maybe more than 50-70%. People can argue all they want about the explosion shotgun mechanic and that's fine, but what are you going to do against bosses? For some reason, it doesn't even explode on Frost Wall (did they change this yet? I haven't kept up with everything) like Kinetic Blast does (????). So you're going to use LMP/GMP to clear mobs (still quickly even without shotgunning), get to the boss, and then... bring him to a wall to facetank him and get the explosion shotgun? Kite him along a wall and hope your explosions all hit? Switch out LMP/GMP EVERY SINGLE boss/unique/rare? What about Torture Chamber boss? Labyrinth? Courtyard and Palace?

Sorry for the whining. Yes, I'm pretty salty about all of this. I haven't even looked at the CB skill tree, but I'm not going to bother updating if GGG doesn't make some major changes to Fireball; preferably changes to mechanics rather than just damage. But the introduction of Magma Orb makes it seem like Fireball is being left in the dust to be forgotten. I may make a Magma Orb build with the same concepts.
Hy, do you have an updated version for the skill tree ? One that works with the new version of the skill tree introduced now. Thanks
Iubire, mai trebuie sa astepti.
"
RairaRay wrote:
Hy, do you have an updated version for the skill tree ? One that works with the new version of the skill tree introduced now. Thanks

To be honest, I played for an hour or two trying out different things and I'm just not interested enough to keep playing and fix this build right now. I did spec into something like this: link here or link here for an existing character. EB one was pretty annoying having to wait for recharges.

There's also a lot here that is completely wrong and outdated now, but I just don't have the interest to keep playing this game to learn everything that was added (the other fire spells they added are pretty lackluster like Fireball). With variations of the build like I linked above, the build is even stronger now, but only against groups. I can't even imagine how long it would take to kill hard single targets like Palace Dominus now. It also looks like you need a Life Leech gem in there for any real kind of leech or you're basically dead even with Vaal Grace and flasks. Probably need the defense golem or something, I don't know. There's also a huge mana regen problem now that you can't add energy shield into your mana pool. That alone probably kills the build the most. Possibly add in mana leech? Switch out multiple proj for faster or slower projectiles with single target? Both faster and slower proj in there? I don't know, go experiment with it.

As for Fireball the skill, adding 30% proj speed and a little damage helps a lot, but it's not that much of an improvement. You're still going to see almost nobody play it.

I may sound bleak, but the build is still pretty fun and extremely hard hitting considering how bad they continue to keep Fireball (my tooltip is still 22-26k). May revisit PoE in the future and make another Fireball build or something, but not right now.

Bada, remove this from your list if you want to.
Last edited by meest on Jul 12, 2015, 7:29:01 PM
Updated as much as I could for 2.0.

It's just too difficult to sustain your mana and keeping it above 30% for Infernal Mantle now. Alternate passive tree in the intro that you can very easily use for a Crit Fireballer with Carcass Jack or any number of other chests.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info