[2.0] BM Chaosballer - HC Viable and Skill Flexible

Sorry about the shit videos I had linked. I had no idea how to use the software before. But I do now and am uploading HD videos of the build so you can actually see something other than a huge blur.
Thank you for the great build man. I am doing a similar build to yours so could you give me some advice?

This is my current tree.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzBUIHHgelCPQOSBBYEZYWbxa_FvMaOB0UJKomPCaVJy8snC0fL5026TpYQZZDyEbXSVFJskyzTwRVS1XGVylboF3yXyph4mSdZp5o8mpDaxdwUnDVcYV8DnxLfll_xoIQgh6Cm4Pbh2WJ04w2jmSPRo_6kFWVIJUulnSaO5uhnWOiAKKjpLGnVayYrrOxQrb6vOrAGsBUwGbB89D11abbC9-K37Dhc-Nq5Y7r5Ov17DjtPPAf8NXyHfMR96b31_rS

This my current gear.
Spoiler

I currently dual wield divinarius and that sceptre for more damage. Kaom's roots offer great HP so i find it nice to have.
"
Blitz718 wrote:
Thank you for the great build man. I am doing a similar build to yours so could you give me some advice? ...

Sorry for the wall of text. I can't help it.

I forgot to cover Fire Penetration in the current guide so sorry about that. I don't use Fire penetration in this build because I went the full chaos damage commitment route (added a fire resist map video just before replying to this). Even if people follow my build, you don't need to go full chaos damage. You can get a higher tooltip going pure Fire if you spec into Heart of Flame and Fire Walker, but the purpose of my build was to easily deal with reflect. Fire Penetration is worth it if you're not going the full chaos route.

But the Blaze notable in the Shadow start is something I wouldn't get in a non-ignite or non-crit build. It's great to quickly get to some better nodes while leveling, but I would try speccing out of it and doing the wrap around with Quickness and Sniper. It's 28% Fire damage for three points compared to 40% crit chance, 5% movement speed, 40% proj dmg, and 10% proj speed for six points.

On a similar note, ignite really does nothing for this build. You will be killing things too quickly for ignite to matter. Relevant argument I made for Celestial Punishment in my OP under Passive Tree.

Which leads to Flammability. It's cool using a Flammability, but the best choices for damage are Ele Weakness and Ass Mark. Ass Mark is obvious. Ele Weakness is better than Flam because we don't need ignite and Ele Weakness gives more resistance loss with quality.

Three Dragons is not needed because while Herald of Thunder cannot shock, the lightning damage you get applied to Fireball does shock. But Alpha's Howl isn't necessary either. I just hate getting frozen so I need either that or Dream Fragments and I can get more beneficial stats from rare rings so I opted for Alpha's Howl.

Kaom's Roots is a unique you should try not dropping unless you need another link setup or are attempting Atziri. Movement speed for her is very important. But you can get stunlocked for a split second from Res and Palace Dom, Meg, or Shrine Piety so the Kaom's can be worth it. I don't use them because such good GG boots actually dropped for me and I need the extra 4l.

As for weapons, dual wielding weapons similar to your sceptre was the dream for when I first conceived this build. But the heavy unique use gives me a small life pool, which forced me to grab a Rathpith for more mitigation. Just go try some high level maps with dangerous mods when you level up, so you don't lose exp when you die, and test which setup you want to stick with.
Last edited by meest on Jan 6, 2015, 12:54:45 PM
Thank you for responding really fast. I respeced the Blaze node to Sniper. (same as in your build) Which gave me a quite nice tooltip DPS boost.

Celestial Punishment node still seems good to me espicially when killing bosses so i will keep it for a while and maybe respec it into something else to test different things.

My Flammability is linked to a +2 Fire item so it's better than a nonQ ele weakness but like you said ele weakness is better than it with Q so i will switch it in the future.(I am leveling an Ass mark too so it's an alternative too.)

Switched Three Dragons to
Spoiler
temporally until i find a good HP helm.

I hope i find something as good as your Boots in the future. (damn man)

I will test it more with different setups.

Again, thank you for the great guide.
Hey again, Meest. I've been leveling and slowly am getting higher. Without having the life leech gem, man do I feel squishy. I don't yet have a 5L Infernal, still using 4L. My fireball is only at 18. Does it feel like it gets better as you get more dmg from the leveled fire damage? 8% life leech, that feels so good..compared to the low % without it.

Also, without the Life Leech, how do you fare against the ele reflect mobs? I can pop a flask of promise and I pretty much explode into teeny tiny bits still.

Thanks!
"
Blitz718 wrote:
Thank you for responding really fast. I respeced the Blaze node to Sniper. (same as in your build) Which gave me a quite nice tooltip DPS boost.

Celestial Punishment node still seems good to me espicially when killing bosses so i will keep it for a while and maybe respec it into something else to test different things.

Yeah, I woke up and checked the thread only a couple minutes after you posted.

Celestial Punishment is a toss-up. I took it out and didn't notice a difference because everything died so fast, so I just left it out. It should be an increase modifier so it would add about 1/20th to your damage, which is a lot for a single node (or two) despite the lackluster fraction.

"
Vulajin wrote:

Hey again, Meest. I've been leveling and slowly am getting higher. Without having the life leech gem, man do I feel squishy. I don't yet have a 5L Infernal, still using 4L. My fireball is only at 18. Does it feel like it gets better as you get more dmg from the leveled fire damage? 8% life leech, that feels so good..compared to the low % without it.

Also, without the Life Leech, how do you fare against the ele reflect mobs? I can pop a flask of promise and I pretty much explode into teeny tiny bits still.

Thanks!

I'm not sure when I was able to get rid of Life Leech. I was definitely still using it in my 5l for a while. I think I was still using it when I got my Doryani's belt. But I think it was around when I got my Rathpith and Rumi's that I dropped it.. And if you're following my guide to the t then it doesn't get that much better as you get more damage. The mitigation from Rathpith and Rumi's helps the most. I may have changed my build around since you last posted and I should clarify the flasks: Rumi's/Granite, Seething, Seething, Atziri's, Quicksilver. That seems to be the best setup at all levels barring situational swapping out for Ruby and/or Topaz. You should also pay attention to your life flask usage. If you're at <100% life and about to kill a big pack then pop one charge, you're about to get it back anyways.

If you look at my ele reflect video (I think I'm uploading a Crematorium reflect one later), you can see it doesn't really do much damage. I'm not sure what you're doing that is making you die to the reflect. I know I can survive all white mobs in a reflect map without any flasks, most blue and yellow packs just pop either Rumi's or Atziri's, and against double reflect (Reflect rare pack in a reflect map) I just pop both Rumi's and Atziri's. Spell block also blocks against your own reflected damage. So you can also use Vaal Grace to mitigate the reflect if you need to. You can also just stick with GMP, it's really not that big of a deal which one you use as long as you have the mana to sustain, because AA mitigates the reflect damage from each projectile. So weaker individual projectiles all getting the full AA mitigation means much less reflect damage.

But the good thing is, this build really does not need a 6l to trivialize content. I was even doing 71s with a 4l. You can just spend all your currency on getting Rathpith/Rumi's/Doryani's Inv. Then switch out leech and you should be fine then.
Last edited by meest on Jan 6, 2015, 9:25:01 PM
Thanks for the guide! I wanted to do a build around infernal mantle and crit fireball with power charges was what I have decided (because i can make use of the 100% crit chance it has and fireball has good base crit).

But i did a burning build in my previous build so I didn't want to do the same. I have decided to go for three dragons. I am also using prolif in herald of thunder for some extra freezing (it's not able to perma freeze, but it's fun when playing solo).

Also before getting maligaro's I realized a very good option is facebraker, in fact I am wandering if it can be equal or better to maligaros since multiplier I think is more important. When I get them i will be able to do the comparison but until then facebreaker is a very nice and cheap option.

This is my equipment so far:
Spoiler

This is my variation of the tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMHHgj0DkgPxBEPEZYUsBZAFm8W8xo4HRQkqiY8JpUnLy-dNuk6WDt8QZZDyEbXSVFMLUyzTwRQMFVLVcZXKVugXfJfKmHiY0NknWaeaPJqQ2sXcFJw1XGFdFV8Dn5Zf8aCHoKbg9uFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6aO5uhnWOiAKKjpLGnVayYrrOxQrb6uMq86sAawFTAZsHz0PXVptq52wvbXuFz42rljuvk6_XsOO0g7TzwH_DV8h3zEfem99f60g==

I got som more elemental nodes because I wanted to boost heralds a bit.

I didn't got a CWDT setup because I wanted to go for a glass canon build and I don't plan on getting this very high on level. So i put a spell totem firestorm (for additional damage) and vaal fireball+greater+spell echo for a nice show!

Using arctic armour though made it possible to get to level 81 without too much trouble although playing with others (public parties) makes it much easier.

Also this build is quite cheap. Surely you can get some better gear to maximize damage, but you can do decent damage with relatively cheap gear.

I now have around 9k dps with 7 power charges multiplied by 5 because of greater (i chose greater because it is more fun, but lesser may be better for end game if you want the best optimization)and the two heralds. It will get even higher if I level the gems more, if I use 5link or get better gear. It's not amazing, but it is good enough for now to clear relatively fast.

All in all I think it's an enjoyable build (I can't stop using fireball+dragon mtx even when there is no battle!), but I am not sure how easy will be to get to end game (although I see that you managed to get it pretty high!).
Last edited by phmn on Jan 18, 2015, 6:30:35 PM
"
phmn wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I wanted to do a build around infernal mantle and crit fireball with power charges was what I have decided (because i can make use of the 100% crit chance it has and fireball has good base crit).

But i did a burning build in my previous build so I didn't want to do the same.

Yup, I'm also tired of burn builds.

"
phmn wrote:

I have decided to go for three dragons. I am also using prolif in herald of thunder for some extra freezing (it's not able to perma freeze, but it's fun when playing solo).

I think you're quickly getting into the damage range where if you take off that setup, you won't realize a difference at all because everything will be dying too fast.

"
phmn wrote:

Also before getting maligaro's I realized a very good option is facebraker, in fact I am wandering if it can be equal or better to maligaros since multiplier I think is more important. When I get them i will be able to do the comparison but until then facebreaker is a very nice and cheap option.

Hmm... this is interesting. I never considered Facebreakers before. It's probably at least equal to the damage given with Mali. The only problem is Mali gives extra dex, which is useful for the Alpha's Howl and Vaal Grace/Haste.

"
phmn wrote:

This is my equipment so far:
Spoiler

PCoC gives you the bigger the tooltip, but Conc Effect will give you more damage (it doesn't affect the tooltip). But as you can see, mediocre gear still makes this build pretty insane.

"
phmn wrote:

This is my variation of the tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMHHgj0DkgPxBEPEZYUsBZAFm8W8xo4HRQkqiY8JpUnLy-dNuk6WDt8QZZDyEbXSVFMLUyzTwRQMFVLVcZXKVugXfJfKmHiY0NknWaeaPJqQ2sXcFJw1XGFdFV8Dn5Zf8aCHoKbg9uFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6aO5uhnWOiAKKjpLGnVayYrrOxQrb6uMq86sAawFTAZsHz0PXVptq52wvbXuFz42rljuvk6_XsOO0g7TzwH_DV8h3zEfem99f60g==

I got som more elemental nodes because I wanted to boost heralds a bit.

I have said Celestial Punishment isn't good because this build kills things too fast, but I think I should have said to get it initially. It is pretty good when you do have to take that extra one or two spell echo casts to kill something. It's only two regrets so you can try speccing in and out of it and see when you can spare those two points for something else.

Going Blaze is fine because I see you are not going Added Chaos Damage or Apep's yet. These two choices are to counter reflect. But if you do, elemental nodes are so much less effective because the damage you get from Heralds pales in comparison to your Fireball damage.

"
phmn wrote:

I didn't got a CWDT setup because I wanted to go for a glass canon build and I don't plan on getting this very high on level. So i put a spell totem firestorm (for additional damage) and vaal fireball+greater+spell echo for a nice show!

Using arctic armour though made it possible to get to level 81 without too much trouble although playing with others (public parties) makes it much easier.

I would recommend trying to fit CwDT in. It mitigates so much dangerous damage, especially useful when you are not playing well. The only times I have died (minus desync deaths) are instakills where I should have dodged something with Quicksilver and/or popped all my flasks at once but was too bad to do so.

"
phmn wrote:

Also this build is quite cheap. Surely you can get some better gear to maximize damage, but you can do decent damage with relatively cheap gear.

Yeah, you don't really need to switch out of a 4l Infernal.

"
phmn wrote:

I now have around 9k dps with 7 power charges multiplied by 5 because of greater (i chose greater because it is more fun, but lesser may be better for end game if you want the best optimization)and the two heralds. It will get even higher if I level the gems more, if I use 5link or get better gear. It's not amazing, but it is good enough for now to clear relatively fast.

All in all I think it's an enjoyable build (I can't stop using fireball+dragon mtx even when there is no battle!), but I am not sure how easy will be to get to end game (although I see that you managed to get it pretty high!).

Yeah, GMP is too much fun to fire. The optimization argument is there just for information, but screw optimization. Firing five fireball dragons looks really cool.

To be honest, I have died A LOT. I used over 10+ exalts in fusings trying to 6l (I know, not even the average to 6l, but whatever) so I kind of stopped caring. You are probably going to die if you are not focused, especially if you are doing really hard maps to get map drops or don't have the currency to reroll them to perfect mods. So if you plan to take this to late endgame then just keep in mind to pay attention because this build is more fragile than some others.

I'm glad you like the build to level with it for so long.
Last edited by meest on Jan 19, 2015, 6:32:38 PM
u think this is hc viable?
"
godhand456 wrote:
u think this is hc viable?

TL;DR
I think you can. You can tweak six points in the tree to give up some damage and gain 15% extra increased max life. Drop one gem to make room for Life Leech and you are looking at a 40% decrease in damage for a 20% increase in life and effectively 40% more life leech.

And the rest, yet another wall of text

Umm... probably?

The problem is I suck at hardcore. This isn't a self-deprecating, "I suck." To give an indication of how bad I am, the furthest I ever got was to Cruel Dom using ZiggyD's "as low damage but as tanky as possible" EK build when PoE was officially released (late 2013? I forget). I just don't have the patience to play well/safely.

If you look at the end 107 point tree, it has 149% life and there is also the 10% you get from Rathpith. It also has enough mana and mana regen to run max lvl AA. You can also take out the crit multi nodes and spec to Melding (between Witch and Shadow) or Unrelenting (between Templar and Marauder) for more life. Last change would be taking out Righteous Decree in Templar start to go for Celestial Punishment (Templar left) because you will be doing much less damage or help with getting to Unrelenting.

I would replace the Alpha's Howl and Doryani's belt with rare items that have more res (for ele weakness) and life. You can get around an extra 200 life on gear from those two items, which amounts to a 4300 health pool instead of the 3800 I have right now. If you spec into Melding/Unrelenting then you can hit 4500+. Also replace your Of Grounding (dispel shock) flask with an Of Heat (dispel frozen/chilled) one because of no more Alpha's Howl.

For gems, I would try to keep Vaal Grace as high a level as possible depending on your dex. Your Fireball 4l would be: Fireball - LMP/GMP - Spell Echo - Life Leech.
5l would be: Fireball - LMP/GMP - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect/Added Chaos Damage.
6l would be: Fireball - LMP/GMP - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Conc Effect - Added Chaos Damage.
The rest of your gems/links would not change.

So say you do spec into this 107 point tree. You would be losing 56% crit multi, 40% crit chance, and 10% proj damage. Plus 30% fire damage from Doryani's belt. This amounts to about 6k less tooltip DPS. With my current 5l setup of Fireball - LMP - Spell Echo - Added Chaos Damage - Conc Effect, I am hitting 28k tooltip with Atziri's Promise. Take away the Added Chaos Damage (Conc Effect almost always does more damage even though it doesn't affect tooltip) and I am at 24k. So in the end you would be at around 17-19k tooltip (probably 14k-18k with lower level no quality gems) with a 4l/5l and 4500 life. You can also do reflect by replacing LMP with GMP and Conc with Added Chaos.

With that tooltip, you are not sustaining your max life leech per second with 4500 life on just 1% life leech even taking into account Conc Effect so you need the life leech gem. If you q20 it, then you can get even more leech per second. With my current setup, I am leeching 760 life per second (1/5 max life leech per second threshold). With 4500 life and a q20 life leech gem, you can leech 1080 life per second. That's about a 40% increase.

Yes, the damage is pretty low but you will survive much more easily and you can still do reflect with the AA plus Infernal Mantle chaos damage conversion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info