1.3 - The Portable Firing Squad | Blink/Mirror Arrow Trap Summoner

"
g2g wrote:
"
Errabundus wrote:
My initial concern was that Sunblast would also reduce the life span of the clones, but ...

i think the skill duration passive would also affect trap duration, increasing the 6 sec trigger time to 11.4 seconds. That's even longer than the minion duration...

Another "problem" with this build is that... ppl will find SRS more appealing with similar tree. Not really our fault to try on the new bow minion skills, but srs is currently too powerful compared to the rest of the minion skills.

Good point on the duration, but I still think Sunblast is a very solid option for a build like this.

The thing about SRS though is that most people want the ultimate setup and will not settle for anything less than a +3 staff for them, and those are not exactly plentiful nor are they cheap.
Another nice thing about blink/mirror minions is they will (I assume) leave a pretty big dent of damage if you go MI with the 57% increased life from just the gem itself and the 50% (? Don't have time to check the tree and add it up right now) from passives (and another 10-15% if you wear a Sidhebreath).
That could be massive (though I do not know the flat life tiers of these minions).
I started making this build as scion the second I saw that trapping it removes the cooldown.

My take on it is to go ele with Wrath / Herald of Thunder.
I'm thinking about running zombies as meat shields but I may drop them later on.
My plan is to get a fast ele bow as I'v made that type of character before and it worked great.
I'm not set on a bow but I have an infract I was using on a different character.

Few issues I'm having so far.

Getting enough dex.

I kinda decided to go for Iron Reflex just because I'll need tons of dex.
If I can figure the dex issue out I may spec out of IR.
I don't expect to solve this issue easily and it's mostly just getting a gg dex amulet+

Spawning mirrors vs just a single target.

The clear speed so far is great vs groups of monsters.
The problem is vs one tanky target I can only really get 1-2 mirrors per throw.
So far it hasn't been a huge issue yet but I'm not even in merc.
Later on when I'm trying to use the mirrors as my only source of damage I can see it being a problem.

Leaching Life back

My current plan is to just link a tornado shot with life on hit only problem I have with this is it makes my build more of a ele TS then a summoner build.

Wrath vs Hatred???

if I go wrath then endgame I can go with a very fast low phys dps bow and it will scale pretty hard.
If I go hatred I'm leaning towards sticking with IR and just getting a lionize.
Both options are fairly cheap but I already have a few ele bows saved I could use.

Will this skill be nerfed???

I'm not 100% sure this is what the devs intended for the skill so is it possible it could get nerfed heavily???

Well those are my main issues so far.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Jan 2, 2015, 12:44:45 AM
@CalamityAOE:
Unfortunately, regarding Herald of Thunder, I am not sure that the effects benefit our clones. I tested Herald of Ash with Mirror Arrow, and the clones did not seem to be dealing fire damage - enemies were not being ignited. The Herald's visual effect does, however, appear on the clones.

And reaching the Dexterity requirements for the nicest bows is definitely tough. At the moment, I am relying on Dexterity jewelry, as you suggested, but it makes for inflexible gearing - so still trying to figure out a more suitable passive tree!

As for whether or not the use of Blink/Mirror Arrow as a weapon is working as intended... I think, probably not. But given that everyone's first reaction to Blink/Mirror Arrow was to create their own clone army, maybe a new skill will be released to be to Mirror Arrow what Convocation was to Smoke Mine for summoners. :P

@g2g and GoatEatingToilet:
Hehe, I thought of the tree's similarity to that of a Summon Raging Spirit summoner as a perk! If the Blink/Mirror Arrow clones aren't working out, it's easy to switch to Summon Raging Spirit.

But I do agree that it's tough to pick clones over raging spirits, as far as minions go. It's possible to summon more raging spirits, the raging spirits deal more damage, and in terms of defense, raging spirits can be prepared beforehand or sent around a corner.

Apart from the clone army fantasy, however, what I like about Blink/Mirror Arrow's clones is that we can equip them with unique bows and quivers for some interesting minion effects. It's a build that can play around with new unique gear for both summoners and archers.
Last edited by Errabundus on Jan 2, 2015, 5:35:49 AM
I tested it a little with herald of thunder and the dps increase from the added lightning showed up in the tool tip at least.

One reason you may not have seen them ignite is probably because they would have their own crit chance and possibly not benefit from crit you get on the tree / items besides your bow / quiver? At least that's how I understand it. I am wondering if they work with the crit knockback nodes on the tree however. I'll find that out today most likely.

Is it possible they just can't crit / ignite???
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Jan 2, 2015, 4:03:17 PM
The tooltip only displays the initial hit when mirror arrow is triggered. Your mirrors will NOT deal the damage displayed on the tooltip. Heralds have no effect on your mirrors. Heralds will not allow your minions to shock, burn, or ignite. However, Wrath and Anger will.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
"
dariidar wrote:
The tooltip only displays the initial hit when mirror arrow is triggered. Your mirrors will NOT deal the damage displayed on the tooltip. Heralds have no effect on your mirrors. Heralds will not allow your minions to shock, burn, or ignite. However, Wrath and Anger will.

I'm wondering how do you calculate damage with this skill???
Bow damage + Quiver + Auras x Damage modifiers?

Also I found out I was wrong heralds do not work and they definitely do have crit chance and can ignite.
Was more of me wishing they would work with heralds then anything really.

I'm also finding that they aren't as tanky as I thought they'd be for maps but still pretty tanky.

My thought's now that I'm at maps is...

They don't seem as Op as I originally thought they would be but they are still a nice minion to have as a bow user.

If I can I'm going to drop deerstalkers and put the links in my bow not having movespeed on your boots really blows.

I don't think linking them with LMP is worth it for me because I'm mostly using them for single target damage vs high health targets.
Thank you for bringing this build to light, definitely gonna experiment with it soon!

The question i have is, does dmg nodes that apply to character applies on the illusions as well?
eg: increased projectile damage, increased elemental damage

If not, what about nodes with "weapon damage"?
As it states, "The clone is a minion that uses your bow and quiver."

Kinda interested to see this build have more variations, could be fun!

Edit: Also, considering the use of Chin Sol, would point blank be of good use?
This is the tree that I came up with on the Scion start for bloodlines league

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ7c-QYc1kti9_gpKyG6qtfIs6RUgKk0_J6xHfVvMBnLDqwvdDfzFVvrWin8rd9cKm3jr5wrB2KiiqvhqrFqRqH3T-4LHSOePRqcIuJPr7ij6m6H318y8qsRNuYVgrJiD21XGOlgEB0yz7Ipr2wPuM4cdvjwtxq5fmM8yWW0XL_rSHRRCoySwgKRV1mTn2wuCHsHzlSAtH8HFiELZE3C77Bgvb5itM3iQDRvg5zqkwhR18kWmVzrh_o9N42r6DlxFfqQ50IFH4iLixp4Qfwx9

Pros:-
Solves pretty much all stats problem as we get dex, int and str on the trees.
Pretty versatile as it spans halfway across the entire tree.
Grants additional 2 traps for going evasion path with Ondar's Guile.
Point blank possible?
CoD or Queen of the Forest may benefit alot from this tree.

Cons:-
Would like you guys to point out :S

feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited by acidpops on Jan 8, 2015, 10:47:21 AM
"
acidpops wrote:
The question i have is, does dmg nodes that apply to character applies on the illusions as well?

Since these function like regular minions with the added perk of a copy of our bow and quiver, things that directly apply to us will not to them. If a mod is on a weapon, they will get it. If it is enhanced through the tree and the node makes no note of "minions", they will not get it.
So, no increased projectile damage, increased elemental damage or increased weapon damage unless it is on the weapon/quiver itself or the mod/node states that it is for minions (or, obviously, you have those gems linked to the mirror/blink skill).
"
"
acidpops wrote:

Since these function like regular minions with the added perk of a copy of our bow and quiver, things that directly apply to us will not to them. If a mod is on a weapon, they will get it. If it is enhanced through the tree and the node makes no note of "minions", they will not get it.
So, no increased projectile damage, increased elemental damage or increased weapon damage unless it is on the weapon/quiver itself or the mod/node states that it is for minions (or, obviously, you have those gems linked to the mirror/blink skill).

I see, in that case I take that the Point Blank node would not affect the minions.
Wished it would for that potential 50% dmg boost is huge =(
Do i need high budget for it ? and is it good for fast farming/clearing maps ?
IGN Iohengrin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info