1.3 - The Portable Firing Squad | Blink/Mirror Arrow Trap Summoner

Hi, sorry about the lack of updates - been busy lately, and haven't been able to play as much. I've only just hit level 79 and am running level 70 to 74 maps at the moment, but I will try update soon.

I've been experimenting with hybrid instead of life, and I've changed my auras from Hatred/Haste to Anger/Wrath.

"
acidpops wrote:
I see, in that case I take that the Point Blank node would not affect the minions.
Wished it would for that potential 50% dmg boost is huge =(

As GoatEatingToilet explained, non-minion nodes won't affect the clones, but linking a Point Black support gem would be able to benefit the clones. It might be for the best, since while clearing maps with a lot of open space, the clones are able to off-screen enemies regularly, and having a set Point Blank effect would be weaken those long range attacks.

I like how your tree branches out into the ranger area for the dexterity nodes and Ondar's Guile. Like most trappers, my impression of the build is that its best defense is staying on the run, which works nicely with evasion and dodge.

I'm most curious about the increased Trap Trigger Radius node that you picked up - I've never tried it out before, but I had actually thought about picking it up on this build, since it would help our traps go off against those annoying, mobile enemies! If you do pick it up, please let me know about how it works for you?

"
hiera wrote:
Do i need high budget for it ? and is it good for fast farming/clearing maps ?

I think it's an inexpensive build to get going, especially going with Anger/Wrath as your auras. With Anger and Wrath, the core of your damage is from your leveled auras, and the clones have a lot of built-in minion damage.

As far as clear speed goes: unfortunately, I don't think it can compete with, say, Tornado Shot or burning proliferation. Supported with Pierce or Chain, it's decent enough at level - the main challenge is against mobile rares and bosses, which I feel like is the primary weakness of most non-damage over time trappers.

Either way, it's a bit clunky, and I have to keep on moving, throwing out fresh traps, and casting Flesh Offering - there's a lot to click. The most important factor is positioning, both of myself and my clones (with Convocation). The traps need to line up with the enemies to summon the clones in bulk, and the clones want to be lined up to maximize Pierce or focus fire tougher rare monsters. So in terms of action efficiency, the build isn't great.

So, in conclusion, the main reason that I'm playing the build now is just for fun. I've wanted to play a summoner for some time now, but until Blink/Mirror Arrow came out, the traditional zombie minions were sort of gross, and I like the trapper play style!
Last edited by Errabundus on Jan 15, 2015, 10:49:54 PM
"
Errabundus wrote:
Hi, sorry about the lack of updates - been busy lately, and haven't been able to play as much. I've only just hit level 79 and am running level 70 to 74 maps at the moment, but I will try update soon.

I've been experimenting with hybrid instead of life, and I've changed my auras from Hatred/Haste to Anger/Wrath.

"
acidpops wrote:
I see, in that case I take that the Point Blank node would not affect the minions.
Wished it would for that potential 50% dmg boost is huge =(

As GoatEatingToilet explained, non-minion nodes won't affect the clones, but linking a Point Black support gem would be able to benefit the clones. It might be for the best, since while clearing maps with a lot of open space, the clones are able to off-screen enemies regularly, and having a set Point Blank effect would be weaken those long range attacks.

I like how your tree branches out into the ranger area for the dexterity nodes and Ondar's Guile. Like most trappers, my impression of the build is that its best defense is staying on the run, which works nicely with evasion and dodge.

I'm most curious about the increased Trap Trigger Radius node that you picked up - I've never tried it out before, but I had actually thought about picking it up on this build, since it would help our traps go off against those annoying, mobile enemies! If you do pick it up, please let me know about how it works for you?

Hey! Good to see you're back, unfortunately I have not tried out the trap trigger radius yet, however i did start the build out and am currently level 77 in bloodlines.

My character is now running 3 auras, hatred+wrath with generosity and grace. Might have to swap to anger on higher maps to improve the clear speed. Will probably post a full thread on my version of the build if i ever get to a higher level, hope i don't rip tho D:

Current tree @ lv77
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ7c-QYc1kti9_gpKyG6qtfIs6RUgKk0_J6xHfVvMBnLDqwvdDfzFVvrWin8rd9fB2KiiqvhqrFqRqH3T-4LHj0anCLiT6-4o-puh99fMvKrETbmFYKyYg9tVxjpYBAdMs-yKa9sD7jOHHb48LcauX5jPMlltFy_60h0UQqMksICkVdZk55itpDnQgUfiIuKHdmegGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6ykpRTI19MHxNkiP2dFVfKg==
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 19, 2015, 12:45:45 PM
Any updates to this build?

I have a lvl 52 witch on standard using mirror/blink arrow trying to make a build that would be able to use these items:

Any one have any ideas?
I have Alpha's howl that I can help with auras and other gear but the above items are what I want to use once I get to the level requirements.

Cheers
Biscuit
Last edited by Biscuit2008 on Mar 27, 2015, 7:38:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info