[2.1] Ethereal Knives MF Build. Effectively >90k DPS, >20k EHP, 300 IIR, 43 IIQ, Triple Blasphemy

I have a srly questions pls... can u tell me (maby post) pls a kind of armor thet i can use insted of shav ? it's expencive and i cant buy it without hard farming 6 link like 60 80 ex... and it's also hard to buy without mf farming .... another question how many ex/h u do of shit currency like fusing jeweller crom u do ? i'll start now to do this build and btw the most hard for me is undestend which kind of armor use insted shav....evasion es ? the last question ... before go to low life is usefull use a redbeak ?better use a wand with spell dmg phisical dmg ?

thx for help
Hey there,

Sorry for being inactive for so long. Summer was quite busy for me. I'll try to catch up.

@sloth1043: Thanks for sharing your experience! How is it going for you in the meantime? Are you still playing the character? Also, I was wondering: Isn't your char a bit squishy with only 6.5k ES and not running Arctic Armour? I'm not really feeling comfortable with anything less than 7.5k ES and Arctic Armour as defensive buff, especially when playing lvl 75+ maps. Farming Dominus is a different matter, of course.

@Siza1337: When I drop Shavronne's, I'm currently at around 6.3k ES. So 5k-5.5k ES should easily be attainable, even with modest gear. Incinerate is really strong (potentially stronger than EK), but somehow I'm not really a huge fan of the playstyle. I'd be quite interested to learn more about your experience, though.

@KorneliusITA: Regarding the armor, it depends. If you only want to farm Docks or Lunaris / Piety, you don't need to worry about Chaos damage, so you can use any nice chestpiece with 400+ ES, resists, and whatever else you desire. If you want to farm Dominus and/or maps, you either need Shavronne's or Solaris Lorica, such that Chaos damage doesn't bypass your energy shield. Solaris Lorica is super cheap (maybe 2 Ex for a 5-link) and more than sufficient for farming low level maps and Dominus if your other gear is somewhat decent.

My rate of Exalteds per hour is difficult to estimate. 1/2 to 1 per hour is feasible, I think.

Obviously, you should not use Redbeak before going low life, as it only become useful when being on low life. Any decent wand with spell damage, cast speed, added flat spell damage etc. would be a decent choice.
Hi Habkor,

Still playing the build and loving it (especially when the loot rains). So far the only maps I've run have been 75-77 (haven't had a lot of luck getting anything 78+ drop (except for one 79 map which I sold for currency :) ). I have been playing cautiously, I haven't had many problems running maps above 75. The only problems I run into have been to devourers (fuck them lol) and a couple map bosses.

I really wanted the 50k dps and the 300 IIR / 100 IIQ with capped resistances. I'm sure with some better itemized gear I can achieve more survivability, but I don't feel like dumping more currency on this character. :)
Having a lot of fun with this build. Took an old mothballed 67 witch out and set her up with your build and it is working out great so far.
I don't yet have the links to 6L my shavs yet, but as soon as that happens things will really take off (+100% MF, loads more DPS and ES).
In the mean time I'm just running a Tabula for the 6L. I'm pretty squishy but at this level the XP is moving fast. Made 2 levels easily last night and plenty of drops to help get me all those links. I'm running about 225 IIR/ 60IIQ, but that will adjust when I go Low Life;
swap my Goldwyrms for Wondertraps: 100% more IIR
swap TR for Shavs: Loads more survivability
swap IIR amu for eye of chewbacca: not getting stunned = good
swap Perandus for a Doryani = happy to lose a little IIQ for resists which are quite low

I will have trouble giving up my Andvarius. I finally got one to drop after years of playing and it's my precious. I may just keep it and accept the deaths from my greed. Honestly, you can run negative resists all day in Dried Lake.

My only suggestions for your build would be;

1. Your 3R1B set up would be a lot easier to get on your Aursize than your ES helm.

2. After you spend some points respecing into Low Life, do you still need the Written in Blood wheel? 4 points for 20% ES seems a bit of a waste. you could connect Pain Attunement and Ghost Reaver with the Int node to the left of CI and have 3 points to grab the jewel socket just above it, or grab the Essence Surge wheel for 1 more point, or the Mind Barrier wheel for more ES and spell block.

Thanks for your work on this build!
Last edited by respwnd on Aug 26, 2015, 1:32:20 PM
Could you pls link your Jewels and add some section with info what I should roll on them? Your trees does not show any jewels.
Currently playing your build, it's really fun :)
My gear currently :

I still have a lot of stuff to improve (max level aura, get a level 3 enlighten/empower for them, +1 to gems wondertrap, obviously a shav ...) but for now i keep leveling (ucrrently 85, i'm mapping with 67IIQ/219 IIR and i often can't take all the loot :() and look into that in a couple of levels :)

What do you think about the flask nodes near witch ? I originally took them because i used divination distillate in MF runs (can get up to ~90/400 with flask up) and kept them even though idon't use it in maps, because it's a really great clusters for only 3 points

Been using this build as my main for 2.0 and so far it's treated me great, really love it.
Started off with a cheap 6L Solaris Lorica and i was able to self fund the rest of the build with it, anyone wondering you can easily do up to 79 maps even with a 6L Solaris and midrange ES gear, not that you need to, but if you want, you can.

My next goal is try to roll some better jewels and get a 21 Ethereal Gem.

8.323 ES // 45.389,9 Tooltip DPS

Thanks for the build habkor!
Are evasion flasks really better than armor?
Hey everybody,

Thanks a lot for the great feedback and also for bumping the thread :)

I'll try to catch up with some of your questions/comments.

@respwnd: 1. I agree with the Aurseize. In the meantime, I switched out my Aurseize for a legacy Sadima's Touch however, since I can cap my resists otherwise.

2. The "Written in Blood" cluster is actually quite efficient, I think. It gives 25% ES and 10 strength. If we skip it, we need the intelligence node next to CI, so we just gain 3 points. Hence, effectively we get an additional 23% ES and 10 strength for only 3 points (as 10 intelligence = 2% ES). That's fairly hard to beat.

@Asag: 1. I have now changed my profile settings such that you can view my passive tree and jewels. Generally, a perfect damage jewel has: 16% Spell Damage While Holding a Shield and/or 16% Physical Damage and/or 5% Cast Speed While Holding A Shield (all prefixes), as well as 12% Spell Damage and 12% Projectile Damage (both suffixes). But there are many other useful affixes, such as Mana Regeneration Rate, ES%, Damage%, Cast Speed, Attack and Cast Speed, and Projectile Speed. Also, you can fill missing resistances or attribute requirements.

2. Regarding evasion vs. armor flasks: I have no clue. Never tried armor ones. Do they work well for you?

@Gloorf: I have never thought about taking the flask nodes. I now use Atziri's Promise extensively, and squeezing out some more movement speed from my Quicksilver Flasks would be nice. But with three points, we can usually reach another jewel socket, which can be worth around 50% spell damage - a significant DPS boost that is always present. I'd find it difficult to skip that.
"
habkor wrote:
Hey everybody,

2. Regarding evasion vs. armor flasks: I have no clue. Never tried armor ones. Do they work well for you?

Personnally i love them. Works wonders against reflect, and reduces a lot the damage from swarm of white mobs :)

"

@Gloorf: I have never thought about taking the flask nodes. I now use Atziri's Promise extensively, and squeezing out some more movement speed from my Quicksilver Flasks would be nice. But with three points, we can usually reach another jewel socket, which can be worth around 50% spell damage - a significant DPS boost that is always present. I'd find it difficult to skip that.

I don't use a lot of jewels (i've done a slight variation going for more flask nodes, taking the duration one bottom of ranger), so this is probably to be taken in consideration :) However, the flask cluster near witch is stupid strong ; it's great offensive (atziri's promise, also taste of hate if you use one, i really want one of those :D), defensively (with no armor on stuff, only 36% increased on tree and a granite of iron skin @78% armour, i gain 10k armour !!), and utility wise : you can get up to 21% additional MS on an adrenaline quicksilver (or 12% with another suffix), and the increased duration helps quite a lot.

Also, if you use divination distillate, it's up to 18% IIR / 7% IIQ (with a legacy), quite nice !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info