New unique items are vendor trash (how disappointing)

Ok, a couple are interesting, to say the most. Where are the super-rare super-uniques, like shavs? Why populate the drops with crap and not even have one good item that can drop. Yay more crap to vendor for a measly alc shard or 12. How can supporters pay so much to create such garbage!!!

I don't have time to make a list of items that are decent that currently drop. But if I did, it would look something like:

Shavronne's Wrappings
Void Battery

I'm a crafter. I've put all my money into a craft, and am now focused on income to finish it. Unfortunately making an mfer and farming is just pointless.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Shavronne's Wrapping is a broken item, legacy or not, and I would prefer it to be deleted from the game.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Those are the only two uniques you care about?

Oh, you poor thing.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
He´s not a crafter.
He´s not a magicfinder.
He´s a Trader.

Trader-archetypes often have to denounce their wares to keep them fluid.
Nothing more annoying then items not changing ownership fast enough.
If things get to expensive, flipping goes unrentable, then they litterarly have to show that behaivor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
LOL!

You all think I'm up to some dirty business. Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about regarding "uber-rare uniques", which you can hopefully wrap your head around.

Remember Griswald's set in D2? Remember how it was so rare, that most players have never seen one? Meanwhile in POE Shavs is dropping all over the place.

And yes, I do vendor alpha howls, and feel bad for anyone who's not a beginner that finds one - along with many crappy mid-tier items that drop all day.

Looting gear is broken atm.
Last edited by beefnuggy on Dec 18, 2014, 6:05:21 PM
"
Lachdanan wrote:
He´s not a crafter.
He´s not a magicfinder.
He´s a Trader.

Trader-archetypes often have to denounce their wares to keep them fluid.
Nothing more annoying then items not changing ownership fast enough.
If things get to expensive, flipping goes unrentable, then they litterarly have to show that behaivor.

Completely false. I can't stand flipping gear and don't like the idea of cheating other players to get ahead. It seems you have a point about flipping you'd like to make. Please take it to another forum.

For those that don't believe I'm funding (or trying to) a craft project...
Magic finding is not pointless.

Farm uniques, sell for alts, chaos, exalts, and externals. You need some of those for crafting that sexy dagger. Also, the new uniques are not all crap. I've personally used Reveberation Rod and I love it. It's BiS for a new league caster. Then there is that level 1 Physical damage staff. That looks great for leveling. The broken crown looks pretty neat too. I haven't tried it out though.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
Where are the super-rare super-uniques, like shavs?

In your opinion, why should super-rare super-uniques exist?

The GGG original plan was that rares would be the super-rare super-powerful items in this game, and that uniques would exist for various other reasons. What's wrong with that plan?
"
pneuma wrote:
"
beefnuggy wrote:
Where are the super-rare super-uniques, like shavs?

In your opinion, why should super-rare super-uniques exist?

The GGG original plan was that rares would be the super-rare super-powerful items in this game, and that uniques would exist for various other reasons. What's wrong with that plan?

Well not that I totally disagree with that plan, I'll mention one reason I do. Mirrors. It is way too easy to obtain a 6 tier 1 rolled item via mirrors. If people had to actually craft or buy it out from a crafter high rolled rares would be much more rare and prestigious.

I think the drop rate of shavs is way too high for such a powerful item. I'd like to see shavs become 10x more rare, and 4 more OP items be added. Drops would start to become interesting again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info