New unique items are vendor trash (how disappointing)

Lol we have a budget shavs chest, almost all builds that can use shavs can use the budget one and just lose out on es.

Most people dont understand that these super damage builds come mainly from the weapon and the supporting jewelry not from the ability of running low life.

But do please continue to complain about super rare uniques.

In addition the new unique items are mainly for pvp, except the league specific ones. Of course they dont appeal to the majority of players.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Most people dont understand that these super damage builds come mainly from the weapon and the supporting jewelry not from the ability of running low life.

I think perhaps you do not understand. Let's look at the benefits of low life that don't involve weapons or supporting jewellery.

1) Attack based builds like Spectral Throw receive 52-88% increased attack speed from Blood Rage
2) Cast based builds like Arc receive 30% More spell damage from Pain Attunement.
3) Attack and Cast builds also have the ability to run up two to four additional auras on life.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Dec 18, 2014, 9:54:33 PM
They actually receive around 114% IAS from BR.
The ONLY interesting recent ones are only Mjolner, uhmm, Windripper, Pledge of Hands, Hegemony's Staff and Piscator's vigil and tbh they are really old now.

Still waiting for something new that's a build-defining unique, like lets say an armor that reserves auras on Energy shield upon blood magic, I mean this will surely shut some left-wing activists that dedicate their lives against lowlife builds, because atm going Shavs mean you get the benefits of PA, Blood Rage, Lioneye's shoes etc and that's apparently illegal in every way. With that armor, Blood Magic keystone can actually be used on how GGG intended it to be used, to benefit life builds again just like the old times.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
The point of designing a unique item has gone entirely over your head.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
to be fair , apart from two of the torment only uniques ( the scepter mace and the armor) the other uniques are extremely shit outside of countering very specific pvp mechanics.

but since you dont know who you are fighting in pvp anyway most of the time , it is generally better to go with more generalized items rather than these uniques

and none of them are even close to pre-existing uniques in pve or even some rares of the same level.

having limited but interesting items ins one thing , but if you cant even make them on par to unique items already in the game , then what the fuck is the point?

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 19, 2014, 9:26:29 AM
The sad thing is, reserving auras to ES would be relatively balanced, as it would mean the preclusion of low life mechanics, of EB->MoM/AA, of ES in general.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
The ONLY interesting recent ones are only Mjolner, uhmm, Windripper, Pledge of Hands, Hegemony's Staff and Piscator's vigil and tbh they are really old now.

Still waiting for something new that's a build-defining unique, like lets say an armor that reserves auras on Energy shield upon blood magic, I mean this will surely shut some left-wing activists that dedicate their lives against lowlife builds, because atm going Shavs mean you get the benefits of PA, Blood Rage, Lioneye's shoes etc and that's apparently illegal in every way. With that armor, Blood Magic keystone can actually be used on how GGG intended it to be used, to benefit life builds again just like the old times.

Hege staff was just added right before or during the last league, that IMO is not "really old"

Again with the exception of the league specific uniques this patch added quite a bit of ll pvp uniques. As for not knowing if you can use them in a match or not, you can gear swap during matches to best meet your needs vs your opponent, just have the gear in your inventory.

As for reserving auras on ES, i personally don't like the idea of that.

So low life builds can run an extra aura or two, typically that alone doesn't make up for the fact you can't use pots to recover es and you typically have no armor or decent defenses. 30% more damage is nice, but arc builds in general do enough damage to clear most high level maps, they really only have a problem single target.

Bloodrage is really strong for low life, no doubt about that. But everyone in this thread have mentioned nothing but benefits for low life, without the downsides.

expensive, not just shavs needed, supporting jewlery\gear can be and typically is more then the cost of a 6 link shavs

the only real difference between shavs and "baby shavs" is the es you gain from it, the other stats are negligible. So by all means show me a build that wouldnt work pretty much as well with the budget one as shavs.

If you wanna talk about a trash unique lets talk about kaoms heart or soultaker, these both were much more desired before and now they are outclassed by "cheaper" uniques or replaced with the passive tree changes.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Dec 19, 2014, 10:09:26 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:
So by all means show me a build that wouldnt work pretty much as well with the budget one as shavs.

Quick and easy: Anything to do with RF. Anything that doesn't want to travel the Str/Dex tree for shield defense nodes.

And "price" is not a drawback. Any build will benefit from a better main-hand and jewelry. The only drawback of Shav's is that it cannot equip a 600+ es chest. Woop woop. A 600+ es chest does not consume Str's main niche and slap on 4 additional auras. Is traveling to BMK a drawback? Maybe. No.. probably not, not in proportion to the benefits it grants solely to LL compared to the "benefits" it grants to anybody else.

The item is broken, and it's shit on a loooooooot of other builds in the form of collateral nerfs and consumption of assets & identity.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 19, 2014, 10:25:36 AM
"

Quick and easy: Anything to do with RF. Anything that doesn't want to travel the Str/Dex tree for shield defense nodes.

Unless I misunderstood something the "more" multiplier no longer works for RF with Crown of Eyes, so while you might get a temp boost of damage it isn't sustainable.

"
And "price" is not a drawback. Any build will benefit from a better main-hand and jewelry. The only drawback of Shav's is that it cannot equip a 600+ es chest. Woop woop. A 600+ es chest does not consume Str's main niche and slap on 4 additional auras. Is traveling to BMK a drawback? Maybe. No.. probably not, not in proportion to the benefits it grants solely to LL compared to the "benefits" it grants to anybody else.

Price and rarity is completely a drawback. We won't have a build that is comparable to those in standard in the leagues until probably 2 months or more into the league, considering that GGG balances this game for the leagues that is pretty spot on for the build to be successful. As for the bloodmagic keystone abuse I agree that shouldn't be possible, but GGG has proven they don't care of players use it or they would have made it 50% less es or something attached to it. Lets do a simple breakdown of the cost to further prove why a shavs ALONE isn't overpowered.

Shavs: 6 link typically 100ish ex on standard, in leagues who knows. With just this item you can go low life, but you get almost none of the benefits you or any others have listed.

CoE: 10ish ex

Jewlery: typically requires mirror level jewelry, this is multipled by 3 slots. 160ex times 3.

+1 lioneyes boots ~10ex

Mirrored dagger: ~220ex

Aux (if you go that route) 10ex, more then likely mirrored belt ~160ex.

Total estimated cost of a low life shavs build with mirrored gear ~1000ex. How many players probably have the currency to do this, less then .01%.

"

The item is broken, and it's shit on a loooooooot of other builds in the form of collateral nerfs and consumption of assets & identity.

The item was designed to be broken. They added the budget shavs in order to enable more builds for low life. Please tell me what builds it shit on in collateral nerfs because I truly would like to know.

IDK what I am arguing about, please by all means make another legacy version of it, I already have one.

The "item" is so overpowered that I don't even use it because I don't have the supporting gear to make it worth while. I rather just use:

Spoiler

Just in case you think I don't have it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Dec 19, 2014, 10:39:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info