What the flying F...

Stopped reading at 2k hp and 35% damage reduction.

Also, it has been said already but the OP does realize boxes can spawn any mob from the zone?
Weirdest thing i've had happened to me with a box was opening it while blink-arrowing away.

Lightningstorm spawns on my head, not on the box, 3 shotting me due to me being a lower lvl then the zone, not maxing my lightning res and the +5 chest lvl.

But should'nt the lightningstorm spawn on the box? :/
"
Stopped reading at 2k hp and 35% damage reduction.

Also, it has been said already but the OP does realize boxes can spawn any mob from the zone?

You realize this is not Merciless I am talking about, right? If you actually tried to read, you'd get that.

If you still need more clarification, at that point, my character would tank a vaal smash and laugh at it.
Last edited by Rynphos on Dec 18, 2014, 11:22:31 AM
"
Rynphos wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Boxes drop monsters from zone.

Still more cuddly than devourers :P

They can spawn Devourers too? What a load of crap.

http://www.twitch.tv/nugiyen/c/4306598

Lightning Warp, Smoke Mine, Conversion Trap, quartz flask, etc are all good ways to make boxes manageable. In HC, you need to err on the side of caution or you will die to stupid stuff like this.
The only threat HC brings to the table is... me.
Spoiler
Yeah, I can take Magnus while underleveled
Spoiler
Freezing + Ice nova + 3 rare monsters? I got this.
Spoiler
Eh, I can tank a Vaal Smash
Spoiler
Gotta pee, don't wanna use TP
Spoiler
I can deal without staunching flasks for just one more level...

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Dec 18, 2014, 8:04:57 PM
"
If you're going to play HC, you have to jump through those hoops. Ursae are no more of a threat from a box than freezing or devourers.

Bloodlines add a lot of other dangers, too. A larger group with Cult of the Elements (I think that is what it's called) becomes deadly, too. Actually, I can think of so many reasons why one should not try to ever face tank the contents of a stray box, and the drop bears are nowhere near the top of the list. It's just always better to walk/teleport away and THEN fight -- from the outside of the monster pile, not from the inside.

I'd chalk this up as one of those HC lessons that ultimately make you a "better" player. One of those that nearly killed me was "explodes corpses". I had totally underestimated the sheer range of that mod.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
If you're going to play HC, you have to jump through those hoops. Ursae are no more of a threat from a box than freezing or devourers.

Bloodlines add a lot of other dangers, too. A larger group with Cult of the Elements (I think that is what it's called) becomes deadly, too. Actually, I can think of so many reasons why one should not try to ever face tank the contents of a stray box, and the drop bears are nowhere near the top of the list. It's just always better to walk/teleport away and THEN fight -- from the outside of the monster pile, not from the inside.

I'd chalk this up as one of those HC lessons that ultimately make you a "better" player. One of those that nearly killed me was "explodes corpses". I had totally underestimated the sheer range of that mod.

The question arises why people feel the need to even open any and all boxes. I mean arent mobs at times more useful or just as good for loot as the boxes? So why not skip some if they can spawn dangerous stuff?
"
Antnee wrote:
Spoiler
Gotta pee, don't wanna use TP

Way too much information.
What is the OP's point in this thread? Everything in this game is trying to kill you. In hardcore, everything in the game is on steroids and they brought their whole family with them, and they want to kill you. A strongbox...in hardcore...is a potential box of instant death no matter what level you are. You complaining that you died just proves to everyone that you don't understand the point of HC leagues. I died yesterday to a strongbox too. I accidentally activated it while trying to set myself up for it and BOOM, time to start a new character. You don't see me on here complaining how the game (the game that is meant to be challenging and is trying to KILL your character every step of the way) is unfair. Take it in stride man, and reform your build to focus more on survivability if you're going to be that careless in HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info