What the flying F...

Today as I climbed the floor prior to apex of the pyramid in merc, I saw a box, 3 rares, blinked arrow+ opened before teleporting, there was a huge group of frogs,, allies cannot die, haste aura, might aura. I tried killing them for a second when a a shroud walker Giant skeleton teleported onto my face.
I went downstairs.
I really hate skipping content, I try to not ever do it.
I went upstairs again, the mobs werent on top of of it.
Giant Shroud walking skeleton teleports on top of me, I read one mod "dangerous crits"
I went downstairs, opened a TP and AFKd in town.

Still mad, Im pretty sure those were the first frogs I saw on that level, are they even supposed to be there?

But sometimes you just gotta admit defeat. Cant get them all.
This will go on my wall of shame along with me running from magnus once when I had a slower casting flameblast than him, think that was 2 leagues ago or so.

Now the important thing here was probably blink arrow. Had I stood there in the middle of that pack I would most certainly die.
Know your limits, it will save you.
Game would be boring if you could tank them all.

Hell this is akin to my ES -damage equipment Blizzard Sorc in D2: LOD (one if not THE tankiest build in the game), I could tank lister for a bit, most packs couldnt scratch me. I died in 1-2 seconds in the frozen caverns (or whatever was its name) when rushing a guildie, it was a triple pack of those scimitar wielding multiple armed dudes, fanatism, might and Im pretty sure there was something else.
Oh and a skeleton magi pack nearby too I think. they were all rather close and fana helped them closer.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Dec 18, 2014, 10:44:56 PM
"
The question arises why people feel the need to even open any and all boxes. I mean arent mobs at times more useful or just as good for loot as the boxes? So why not skip some if they can spawn dangerous stuff?

The human condition of curiosity.

In Ultima Online, back in the 90s, I would trap chests with deadly poison and drop them near Crossroads and other high traffic areas. They looked like game-spawned treasure chests, but where in locations where they had an excellent chance of being what they were: trapped chests crafted by a player. I hid in the trees and waited. Almost nobody who walked by was able to resist the chests, and promptly they died if they had no cure potion (if they did, they usually took my chest and I had to make new ones!).

I wasn't a scumbag enough to loot their corpses completely, but I liked looking at their stuff and usually took the reagents (you needed herbs and substances to cast spells in addition to mana), which wasn't a major loss to anyone. I wouldn't take armor, weapons, or house keys.

In PoE, I still find it difficult to skip some lockboxes. I do skip those with Ice Nova and Freezes You in maps, but yeah, I always wonder if I shouldn't do it with a sapphire flask. But no, desync is real.
Hehe, nice story, mivo :)

I also don't like skipping, most of the time I'll enjoy the threat (but I usually play softcore).

For boxes: always get some distance, asap!
I prepare them with decoy totem and conversion traps.
Freezing and such is ok, if I happen to carry a proper flask.

Biggest threat is lag. And this can be HUGE :(
I can handle desync to some extend but if my screen doesn't show anything for several seconds... well, bad luck. Like this box with rares and exile. Quartz flask to get away... but when the client finally showed me some updated content, I found my corpse 3/4 screen away from the box.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info