Time to support Grim Dawn

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
Stolen from POE lol

"A new item type has been introduced: Augments. Augments come in the form of powders, meticulously crafted enchantments, tinctures and poisons used to empower your weapons, rings and necklaces with additional stats. You can earn an Augment during an Act 3 quest, but otherwise they are acquired from Faction Vendors (coming soon)."

Orb of Augementation.

I dont care though, I'm stealing the chaos orb functionality for my rpg browser game. It's called "Quantum Flux". Which randomizes stats on a item.

Game looks very cool though, I will support them. Thanks for sharing.

Is this game multiplayer? If not, it could have been big.

That's what came to my mind when i was reading through their patch notes. But, thats how games evolved: combining great ideas from here and there while adding your own twist.
GD seems good and i loved Titan Quest so i guess this one can only be better.

EDIT: RPG browser game? Did u get a degree in software engineering/programming or anything similar or did u acquire the skills by reading books and by trying out things on your own (studying onw your own with a particular game engine or something)? I am really interested to know how can i teach myself programming (i know the basics), which books to read, which programming languages should i learn etc.

It all started from Diablo 2 man. Was addicted to that game, spent my entire childhood life just playing D2 and on the computer. Eventually got addicted to forums in general, which got me addicted to how they work, which made me learn php and javascript/jquery / mysql, css, html, all that jazz. It's just something I grew up with to be honest, I cannot really tell how to learn it. Just dive into free open source code and learn, it's fun. I'm messing with a PHP Websockets server right now for my game aswell. But to stay on topic a bit, yeah for sure. That's why it got me interested in making this game because I see all these great ideas from all these ARPG's I've played. D2, D3, POE, TL2, and I want to put them all together in an epic browser based game. Although, browser is meh without a good combat system.

Trust me, it's the same thing with Chris Wilson; his roots came from Diablo 2 as well, look at him now. That is just testament that the people behind D2 really were astounding.

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 21, 2014, 5:34:45 PM
bought this as well on steam, meant to buy it before but kinda wanted to wait for full game. with the sale and part of 3rd act, couldnt wait more

played a bit, in between work poe and other games.

its pretty much a budget sequel to titan quest. makes sense as many devs on the team made tq.

its a cool game in its own, but seems like many of tq's questionable design choices and limitations got carried over.
Act 3 Part 1 is out. Level cap is raised to 40.
Enjoy.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18293

Zantai posted up the last development update of the year, and mostly discusses the next chapter of act 3.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info