Time to support Grim Dawn

Stolen from POE lol

"A new item type has been introduced: Augments. Augments come in the form of powders, meticulously crafted enchantments, tinctures and poisons used to empower your weapons, rings and necklaces with additional stats. You can earn an Augment during an Act 3 quest, but otherwise they are acquired from Faction Vendors (coming soon)."

Orb of Augementation.

I dont care though, I'm stealing the chaos orb functionality for my rpg browser game. It's called "Quantum Flux". Which randomizes stats on a item.

Game looks very cool though, I will support them. Thanks for sharing.

Is this game multiplayer? If not, it could have been big.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 21, 2014, 2:58:14 AM
"
monkuar wrote:

It has multiplayer (even LAN), but it is not like PoE where you are online all the time. Pretty much, there is offline mode too.

Edit: Right now there is a sale on steam for Grim Dawn, and the game is priced at 16.34 USD until January 2nd. This is your chance to get it cheap.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 21, 2014, 6:05:18 AM
That's the problem I have with these games. TL2 could have been virally big if they added multiplayer. I believe the same exact concept is relevant here for Grim Dawn. Unfortunately since I've heard they are not adding multiplayer servers, I will not buy it.

I only play aRPG's with online play where I can interact, trade, party with others and enjoy the social experience. Grim Dawn, Van Helsing, Torchlight series, etc could all have had their playerbase and longevity increased by tenfold if they simply added multiplayer support (no hacking ofc like how Titan Quest was).

Sorry. If GGG can do it, I'm sure they are more than capable of adding servers and implementing a network protocol layer with server side storage. If they cannot even do that, I will not be buying it.

My view on it though, don't care if you guys think I'm insane anymore. How I view aRPG's.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 21, 2014, 7:37:11 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
That's the problem I have with these games. TL2 could have been virally big if they added multiplayer. I believe the same exact concept is relevant here for Grim Dawn. Unfortunately since I've heard they are not adding multiplayer servers, I will not buy it.

I only play aRPG's with online play where I can interact, trade, party with others and enjoy the social experience. Grim Dawn, Van Helsing, Torchlight series, etc could all have had their playerbase and longevity increased by tenfold if they simply added multiplayer support (no hacking ofc like how Titan Quest was).

Sorry. If GGG can do it, I'm sure they are more than capable of adding servers and implementing a network protocol layer with server side storage. If they cannot even do that, I will not be buying it.

My view on it though, don't care if you guys think I'm insane anymore. How I view aRPG's.

Nothing wrong with that.

People like different things from same games. I actually hate secured servers, and focus on trading and economy, and want to play my games in small groups of players or alone (when we are talking about arpg games). Having something that d2 had, with a option to play on servers are best, but even that I would not like because to me it would be waste of time and money on something from what I would get no benefits.
"
miljan wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Nothing wrong with that.

People like different things from same games. I actually hate secured servers, and focus on trading and economy, and want to play my games in small groups of players or alone (when we are talking about arpg games). Having something that d2 had, with a option to play on servers are best, but even that I would not like because to me it would be waste of time and money on something from what I would get no benefits.

That's fair and totally understandable. I'm happy we can come to a consensus.
I'll jump back on Grim Dawn when it's fully released. I played it one full week, was very addictive but I was pretty much done with my character pretty fast. If you're not an arpg noobie and you know what you're doing, you reach your final form in a few days. One thing I didn't like was all the "procs" system tho. I did try only one character, but as I was speccing into the "skill tree" I realised that the core of it was pretty much procs only. So in the end I could auto attack through the game waiting for the procs to do their work. I don't like that.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
monkuar wrote:
TL2 could have been virally big if they added multiplayer.

Maybe I'm missing something, but afaik it did/does have multiplayer and it was "virally big", at least at launch.

Edit: Also grim dawn does have multiplayer, I just double checked....

Edit2: Unless you mean secure servers? Well ya, they don't, but TL2 does at least have a proper anti cheat system so you can choose whether to play with people who modded the game or used cheats.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Dec 21, 2014, 12:58:30 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but afaik it did/does have multiplayer and it was "virally big", at least at launch.

Edit2: Unless you mean secure servers? Well ya, they don't, but TL2 does at least have a proper anti cheat system so you can choose whether to play with people who modded the game or used cheats.

It has, but its very easy to work around it. From all arpg I like TL2 the most with d2, but its biggest problem is that devs are not doing a expansion for it, so people need to look for mods as updates.

Bur for a game that has no closed servers it still popular after all this time (and normally counting only steam users, not the ones that play it without steam)

http://steamcharts.com/app/200710#6m

I really hope runic will go back to torchlight to polish it more and add more things, but how it looks they are developing totally different game now.
Last edited by miljan on Dec 21, 2014, 1:18:52 PM
The devs behind TL2 and runicgame are actually creating a new multiplayer arpg. I've heard it on their forums, somewhere I forgot. That's why they stopped the development on TL2. (From what i've heard)

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Yeah it was pretty big, but look at it now? No public servers like d2 or d3, or poe. I have absolutely no incentive to log in and play. Why? Path, D3, D2, etc. TL2 should have added multiplayer public servers, the game would have been freaking HUGE.
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 21, 2014, 4:03:26 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
Stolen from POE lol

"A new item type has been introduced: Augments. Augments come in the form of powders, meticulously crafted enchantments, tinctures and poisons used to empower your weapons, rings and necklaces with additional stats. You can earn an Augment during an Act 3 quest, but otherwise they are acquired from Faction Vendors (coming soon)."

Orb of Augementation.

I dont care though, I'm stealing the chaos orb functionality for my rpg browser game. It's called "Quantum Flux". Which randomizes stats on a item.

Game looks very cool though, I will support them. Thanks for sharing.

That's what came to my mind when i was reading through their patch notes. But, thats how games evolved: combining great ideas from here and there while adding your own twist.
GD seems good and i loved Titan Quest so i guess this one can only be better.

EDIT: RPG browser game? Did u get a degree in software engineering/programming or anything similar or did u acquire the skills by reading books and by trying out things on your own (studying onw your own with a particular game engine or something)? I am really interested to know how can i teach myself programming (i know the basics), which books to read, which programming languages should i learn etc.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Dec 21, 2014, 4:38:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info