[Torment]1.3 Static Mosher-Detailed Pure Lightning Crit Staff Static Striker w/ video

Untrue. Lightning makes up 73% of my total damage (so I get .73 scaling from the lightning pen gem). If I switch my multistrike to lightning pen I will still have more DPS then you (Very close to the same though) while at the same time not taking the additional 45%+ damage from Abysuss. Not to mention all the added armour and health I have. If I was however to switch to an Abysuss and your exact gem setup I would be well over 60k tooltip DPS.
"
Rudy514 wrote:
Untrue. Lightning makes up 73% of my total damage (so I get .73 scaling from the lightning pen gem). If I switch my multistrike to lightning pen I will still have more DPS then you (Very close to the same though) while at the same time not taking the additional 45%+ damage from Abysuss. Not to mention all the added armour and health I have. If I was however to switch to an Abysuss and your exact gem setup I would be well over 60k tooltip DPS.

What I meant by pure is 'vast majority'. When ele damage hit walls of resists, it sucks. Same reason why players max out resists and why -max are so dangerous. For armor, the way I play it, I don't even need other source of armor other than a granite flask. It is useless when I wish to tank cuz my IC will be up, and won't stop you from getting once shot from massive phys neither.
And my screenshot says is 55k, with 38% lightning penetration. Do I really have to do the penetration math in here?
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
Rudy514 wrote:

What I meant by pure is 'vast majority'. When ele damage hit walls of resists, it sucks. Same reason why players max out resists and why -max are so dangerous. For armor, the way I play it, I don't even need other source of armor other than a granite flask. It is useless when I wish to tank cuz my IC will be up, and won't stop you from getting once shot from massive phys neither.
And my screenshot says is 55k, with 38% lightning penetration. Do I really have to do the penetration math in here?

Your screenshot on page one says 45k as far as I can tell. I completely understand that having lightning pen is very useful for bosses and hell, I might even switch to it (forsure when I get a 6L). The point which you don't seem to understand is that even if I do switch to lightning pen and Abysuss I will still have more DPS and Defenses then you currently have. Which is why my build is quantitatively superior.

The only real argument to be had is whether lightning pen is better or worse in place of multistrike and whether or not Abysuss is worth it's negatives. For me personally I like multistrike because I like getting lots of hits on single target which increases the chances of them getting knocked back. I also like rapidly building up a que of static charges to go off when I jump into a new pack. It makes my clear speeds very fast and I don't find that I need the extra damage for bosses.
Last edited by Rudy514 on Jan 2, 2015, 2:44:01 PM
"
Rudy514 wrote:
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
Rudy514 wrote:

Your screenshot on page one says 45k as far as I can tell. I completely understand that having lightning pen is very useful for bosses and hell, I might even switch to it (forsure when I get a 6L). The point which you don't seem to understand is that even if I do switch to lightning pen and Abysuss I will still have more DPS and Defenses then you currently have. Which is why my build is quantitatively superior.

The only real argument to be had is whether lightning pen is better or worse in place of multistrike and whether or not Abysuss is worth it's negatives. For me personally I like multistrike because I like getting lots of hits on single target which increases the chances of them getting knocked back. I also like rapidly building up a que of static charges to go off when I jump into a new pack. It makes my clear speeds very fast and I don't find that I need the extra damage for bosses.

A big chunk of your tooltip come from Hatred, which will shatter everything you crit. Then there are no point putting in prolif. I run a purity of lightning, giving me 78% lightning res and much more survivability when I mistakenly static strike ele reflect pack. If I am to run a Hatred, TT will be at 75k.
If you get a 6l you will be doing the same damage as I do. My dps is currently 55k after respeccing my reduced mana cost nodes. And dude, look at my gear. They suck. Most of them come from the first week of the league. So much more space for improvements. Too soon for you too judge how your build is superior.And for some reason I can't open imgur, i can't view nor post any screenshots atm, but will update soon and get back to your thread.
It certainly appears that Abyssus is not for you. It is of course, optional. I enjoy the massive bonus and little drawback. No need to bash the item. It's a great item, especially in 1.3. I do not survive any worse by using Abyssus. That might not be the case for everyone.
Put a screenshot when you actually use Lightning Pen and Abyssus. Or a video of your gameplay.
Last edited by exodus820 on Jan 2, 2015, 9:57:16 PM
Liking the build so far, but I'm having trouble on act 3 cruel, I have 1350 hp and im getting rekt,can't afford betetr gear right now so I will ask:
Aside from cruel preparation, what health nodes should I grab?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMRDxhdGjgdFCcvLdIyiTrYPAVG10qYWfNmnmjycYVyqXasd-V8S36vgpuLjIx2j0aQVZRclnSaO5uhnjyf36IArJisqq3xsUK1hcAawGbMZs9-2rnqGOw473zwH_MR9zL31_nd-tI=
Whats the necessary amount of accuracy on gear/nodes needed for a decent hit chance?
"
Sammun wrote:
Liking the build so far, but I'm having trouble on act 3 cruel, I have 1350 hp and im getting rekt,can't afford betetr gear right now so I will ask:
Aside from cruel preparation, what health nodes should I grab?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMRDxhdGjgdFCcvLdIyiTrYPAVG10qYWfNmnmjycYVyqXasd-V8S36vgpuLjIx2j0aQVZRclnSaO5uhnjyf36IArJisqq3xsUK1hcAawGbMZs9-2rnqGOw473zwH_MR9zL31_nd-tI=

I leveled with a good one hander with a life/resist shield. I didn't go crit until late 50's, so my lvling process has been very smooth. A good weapon is pretty much all you need for offense during lvling, so grab as many defensive nodes on the tree as possible cuz it will be much harder to gain skill points later. It's usually a good idea to spec into more damage nodes at high level.
Grab Purity of Flesh and go for the Heart of the Warrior.
Guess I got my health problems solved by now since I got belly of the beast and grabbed cruel preparation
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMRDxhdGGoaOB0UJy8tfS3SMok6WDrYPAVG10qYVcZZ82aeaPJxhXKpdqx35XgvfEt-r4Kbi4yMdo9GkFWUXJZ0mjuboZ48n9-iAKyYrKqt8bFCtYXAGsBmwbTMZs9-2rnqGOw471DvfPAf8xH3MvfX-d360g==
I got a decent staff so guessing athat once i'm level 55 or so I will grab crit and from then on my warlords mark will be more reliable.
level 56 at the moment, been using axes/maces to level, now I want to grab a staff , aside from crit chance and increased damage, what other mods do I want on it?
build is fine though you need to play skillfully...

i'll be creating a new toon soon since
i'm tired of looking if i got charges and IC is up but great build OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info