[Torment]1.3 Static Mosher-Detailed Pure Lightning Crit Staff Static Striker w/ video

1) have you tried using riposte? thought it might be nice for extra DPS & chance to get crits.
2) How do you leech in groups? When you can't reliably have warlord's mark up?
3) Does Life-Gain-on-Hit or Life Leech count on static strike's AOE?
I had a build similar to this one with mace/shield and RT, but I decided to respec a bit to try this out. Was fine and good until I ended up with good life pieces, but poor res (due to swapping a pretty decent shield for a stave). Once I got that sorted out, I quickly realized I didn't have much in the way of life (currently at 2.5k at 67 w/o belly). Problem I have with this build, is that its pretty much all damage. For the most part, unless you have the gear that OP has, you're surviving on your charges to get anything done. Endurance charges giving you what you life regen when you're not leeching mobs, and obviously power charges give more damage. If you face a phys pack, you pop immortal call, otherwise you can get killed pretty easily. I found that if you have more life and armor on the tree, you can at least mitigate some of the glassy-ness. I plan on swapping out my gear for a lightning coil, and getting a doryani's belt for more leech, as well as some overall increase of survivability when I don't have any charges. Hopefully that will help.
I also think that it is a bit too glassy for a melee build. It may be viable if you're the type to play skillfully. I'm too lazy (and too tired maneuvering with casters) so I want to do this build with a bit variant, more life, more resist and a bit more block. Please give your comment?

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUASpiLjPndwGaUXMxmgpuaOzwFn9-QVScv7DjvfEbXcYXAGho4sULaufMRQXK8mu1EWfPJZ0oup6XVi548jHZmnoV9FkAdFPrSj0YTcV6lWK73MnKprKqYb9wjkn3lz3as6hitjc9-BLOiAPAfaPL315uh3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPrJhQMNtePV9SU5eVTLOX9DbpJKoWb-NqggfZfBRx-Ov-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPYYkbyfOlIOPBRN_Es6WFXGg9tnm9SPGS7ZYRQg7w5QR-RR

For gear, probably I'll go with LC for more defense? I also wonder whether this build can cope with mana consumption and aura?
Last edited by wiwigvn on Jan 2, 2015, 2:43:18 AM
"
Scarmad wrote:
Hi,hope you have a great new year for starters :).
I found this staff on torment

Wanted to ask if this is any good for a build like yours.

I have to say it's not that great, you really need at least 8% crit chance.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
"
Gruffalope wrote:
I specc'd into this build this week to try and revive my templar. It is very fun, but very challenging to play this guy now. Thanks for figuring out how all of this stuff works. Strangely, I find myself using leap slam more often than static strike. Static strike feels pretty clunky, but definitely works great if you can get a large enough pack to surround you.

Indeed, when soloing some easy content leap slam clears much faster. I feel that a 3-4 man party is where our static strike can really shine.
"
roddyriot wrote:
1) have you tried using riposte? thought it might be nice for extra DPS & chance to get crits.
2) How do you leech in groups? When you can't reliably have warlord's mark up?
3) Does Life-Gain-on-Hit or Life Leech count on static strike's AOE?

1)I am running vengeance instead of Riposte, since my block chance is meh. However Riposte might be better if you wanna make a high block/Unwavering Stance variant. And yes they do a big chunk of damage when they crit, however it is not something I would rely on.
2)It is true that in full parties I often notice that I gain less charges, but no mana issues unless its curse immune map. Cuz in a full party, there is a 90% chance that someone is running a high lvl Clarity. I do have a decent amount of mana pool comparing to most melee characters because of the good amount of Int on the tree.
Life leech is somewhat gear dependent (belt/corr amulet/6l) and I don't find life leech very necessary as I lvled up this character. Some life gain on hit or on kill is enough to sustain from minor scratches. I never died in groups because I failed to leech, my rips are usually from ele bursts in -max maps.
3)I haven't tried myself but they certainly should count. The AoE hit is an attack.
"
wiwigvn wrote:
I also think that it is a bit too glassy for a melee build. It may be viable if you're the type to play skillfully. I'm too lazy (and too tired maneuvering with casters) so I want to do this build with a bit variant, more life, more resist and a bit more block. Please give your comment?

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUASpiLjPndwGaUXMxmgpuaOzwFn9-QVScv7DjvfEbXcYXAGho4sULaufMRQXK8mu1EWfPJZ0oup6XVi548jHZmnoV9FkAdFPrSj0YTcV6lWK73MnKprKqYb9wjkn3lz3as6hitjc9-BLOiAPAfaPL315uh3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPrJhQMNtePV9SU5eVTLOX9DbpJKoWb-NqggfZfBRx-Ov-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPYYkbyfOlIOPBRN_Es6WFXGg9tnm9SPGS7ZYRQg7w5QR-RR

For gear, probably I'll go with LC for more defense? I also wonder whether this build can cope with mana consumption and aura?

If you are planning to use Abyssus without Immortal Call, Unwavering Stance is necessary, especially when you have some block chance, cuz block will also stun you. It will be unplayable without Unwavering, much like how melee CI plays without stun immunity.
I still highly recommend the Immortal Call path, it gives you immunity to physical damage, which means you can't be stunned by physical damage during IC.
"
DigitalDead wrote:
I had a build similar to this one with mace/shield and RT, but I decided to respec a bit to try this out. Was fine and good until I ended up with good life pieces, but poor res (due to swapping a pretty decent shield for a stave). Once I got that sorted out, I quickly realized I didn't have much in the way of life (currently at 2.5k at 67 w/o belly). Problem I have with this build, is that its pretty much all damage. For the most part, unless you have the gear that OP has, you're surviving on your charges to get anything done. Endurance charges giving you what you life regen when you're not leeching mobs, and obviously power charges give more damage. If you face a phys pack, you pop immortal call, otherwise you can get killed pretty easily. I found that if you have more life and armor on the tree, you can at least mitigate some of the glassy-ness. I plan on swapping out my gear for a lightning coil, and getting a doryani's belt for more leech, as well as some overall increase of survivability when I don't have any charges. Hopefully that will help.

I do agree the tree and gear I presented is rather glassy and does not deliver if you don't work on your playstyle a bit sustaining charges. It was not my intention to make it a tanky and easy-to-play build.
There are quite some damage cluster you can drop on the tree, and with those extra points you can make it into a much tankier variant. (For example, drop all the witch area and spec into mara-duelist area/Pick endurance charge in act 3.)
I've criticized this build so I think its time to show how I have been building my static striker. I'm currently a Level 83 Templar in the torment league. My build is similar but has higher damage/Armour/Life without using a suicidal Abysuss. When I run into a no curse map I swap multistrike for life leach.

My gear is not end game at all and I'm only running one 5L so far. I have a lot a quality left to go on my gems and I can see myself getting to around 55k dps with gems quality alone. If I put on an abysuss my tooltip dps doubles, but I do not think it's worth it at all. My 83 can take pretty much all the content in the game with the exception of some bosses.

Passive Tree Level 86:

Offense self buffed 5 power charges:
Spoiler

Defense self buffed 5 endurance charges (Movement speed is an accidental flask):
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler
"
Rudy514 wrote:
I've criticized this build so I think its time to show how I have been building my static striker. I'm currently a Level 83 Templar in the torment league. My build is similar but has higher damage/Armour/Life without using a suicidal Abysuss. When I run into a no curse map I swap multistrike for life leach.

My gear is not end game at all and I'm only running one 5L so far. I have a lot a quality left to go on my gems and I can see myself getting to around 55k dps with gems quality alone. If I put on an abysuss my tooltip dps doubles, but I do not think it's worth it at all. My 83 can take pretty much all the content in the game with the exception of some bosses.

Passive Tree Level 86:

Offense self buffed 5 power charges:
Spoiler

Defense self buffed 5 endurance charges (Movement speed is an accidental flask):
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

I think you missed out the fact that your pure lightning damage penetrates no resists. I don't want to stress how vital penetration is for ele dmg in here. Ofc you have the tooltip, Melee Phys instead of Lightning Pen. The good tooltip is merely cuz of the gem and the Hatred Aura you are running. If I put on melee phys and run Hatred, I don't know how much TT I'd be hitting, but that means nothing to me. You don't ending up doing more damage without penetration.
Last edited by exodus820 on Jan 2, 2015, 1:58:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info