[Torment]1.3 Static Mosher-Detailed Pure Lightning Crit Staff Static Striker w/ video

"
XtraSalty wrote:
Cool to see it in action. But i have a problem with your skill tree. I saw what you said in your post. But my concern isn't with health. It's with crit.

/snip

This tree has more health %. But the big thing about the 1.3 update is that it nerfed crit pretty hard with 2h weapons on the templer side.

your build only has 315% crit chance. Which for staves is pretty low considering most staves have a crit chance base around 8-8.75.

/snip

Honestly man i am not bashing your build. Glad to see the 2h crit staff is doing good. Glad you are having fun with it. Just putting my two sense.

Btw, Does the 10% chance to gain a power charge on crit work pretty good? i figured 10% is pretty low, but i guess if your hitting a lot it wouldn't be a problem.

Without having played this build (Grats on the Mjolner find, Exodus!) I can only give my observations on how it maintains charges.

Static Strike crits are quick to come by, especially with multistrike, thus shocking the mobs and killing them to gain the Herald of Thunder buff.

Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark provides between 20-29% chance to gain a Power Charge on kill, and as it hits multiple enemies, the AoE provided by the Static Strike itself should be more than enough to keep the charges rolling.
Please take this as a compliment:

You f...ing genius!
"
I think the biggest difference here is for your build, you rely upon reliably one shotting things to keep the flicker train going. For a build oriented towards AOE explosions that prolif burn (via HOA), critting 50% of the time is quite sufficient and it's more important for it to be a big hard hit when it crits. With that in mind, you might want to even try this build w/o Multistrike. It will feel a little "slow" but if you're objective about it, you may find you one shot *everything* which will infact increase your clear speed (and free up a socket for another useful gem like Inc Crit Strikes which is still very useful, or Inc AOE which is ENORMOUS for Static Strike.)

Thank you. You are precisely correct. Was in fact thinking about addressing this in the guide later. I tried swapping in melee physical gem with multistrike, and as you said, when that shit crits, it annihilates, and multistrike does seem to give me a clunky feeling cuz it provides me redundant hits when first strike crits and prolif everything.
This is why against trash packs, I usually leap slam through them. The power charges generated by leap slam (power charge on crit) and HoT while leaping through white packs are the big helper when you encounter dangerous stuff that you can't kill with with one hit, and this is where multistrike feels superior to melee phys. And from my experience, in full parties multistrike does perform more fluently. Increase crit chance gem is looking very good after the buff, def will try it when I got a 6L.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 18, 2014, 7:23:03 PM
Build of the week material. but first you need to tell us which bandits you prefer. Since the build takes only a little HP, would it be better to take the ele res option or just point for Normal Bandit? cruel...I would take phys damage or point, and cruel go for endurance charge
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 18, 2014, 10:21:00 PM
"
sighlight wrote:
Build of the week material. but first you need to tell us which bandits you prefer. I would expect Oak-point-endurance charge.

Thank you for pointing it out. The rewards are closely related to what the build will eventually look like.
As for myself, I picked Oak-Kraityn-Alira. (40 life - 8 attack speed - Max power charge). This is probably the most offensive mode to go for. I amat 5 max endurance charge and 6 max power charge, can't wait for another power charge from hegemony.

40 life not much to say. The 8 increased is rather important for damage cuz we don't scale much attack speed on passive tree, therefore any 'increase' modifier works at pretty high effectiveness. (Example say we have 10% inc attack speed on tree, then gaining 8% increase is gaining (110+8)/110=107.27% more damage. If we have 40% inc attack speed on tree, then gaining the 8% is having (140+8)/140=105.71% there's 1.5%+ difference of effectiveness)

I picked power charge on merciless since its softcore and I wanted to make it damage focused . It totally makes sense to pick extra endurance charge, it will extend our immortal call to around 14s.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 18, 2014, 10:22:23 PM
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:
Build of the week material. but first you need to tell us which bandits you prefer. I would expect Oak-point-endurance charge.

Thank you for pointing it out. The rewards are closely related to what the build will eventually look like.
As for myself, I picked Oak-Kraityn-Alira. (40 life - 8 attack speed - Max power charge). This is probably the most offensive mode to go for. I amat 5 max endurance charge and 6 max power charge, can't wait for another power charge from hegemony.

40 life not much to say. The 8 increased is rather important for damage cuz we don't scale much attack speed on passive tree, therefore any 'increase' modifier works at pretty high effectiveness. (Example say we have 10% inc attack speed on tree, then gaining 8% increase is gaining (110+8)/110=107.27% more damage. If we have 40% inc attack speed on tree, then gaining the 8% is having (140+8)/140=105.71% there's 1.5%+ difference of effectiveness)

I picked power charge on merciless since its softcore and I wanted to make it damage focused . It totally makes sense to pick extra endurance charge, it will extend our immortal call to around 14s.

Thanks, I have some questions. I get that it has low life, and that immortal call is crucial to survival. I'm actually cool with that and it doesn't seem like a gimmick.

However, I am questioning some of the nodes that we are forced to waste to get to certain parts of the tree. To get to witch side and down to Barbarism, we spend so many points on int and str nodes. Is there no other way? I am coming from playing a TS ranger, and I could have sworn we didnt have to spend so much on stat nodes before hitting a cluster.

TBH, I have never played with a toon that has such low life. But I think it can work since the DPS is great and 6 endo charges would give me 11+ seconds of invuln to phys damage. however, how the hell do we stop from getting one shot by spells?
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 19, 2014, 9:06:24 AM
You build is really for me plz don leave alone and give me more videos and tips :D
IGN: _IceSoul_
nice clear build, like it's focus. Build of the week material indeed.
"
sighlight wrote:
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

Thanks, I have some questions. I get that it has low life, and that immortal call is crucial to survival. I'm actually cool with that and it doesn't seem like a gimmick.

However, I am questioning some of the nodes that we are forced to waste to get to certain parts of the tree. To get to witch side and down to Barbarism, we spend so many points on int and str nodes. Is there no other way? I am coming from playing a TS ranger, and I could have sworn we didnt have to spend so much on stat nodes before hitting a cluster.

TBH, I have never played with a toon that has such low life. But I think it can work since the DPS is great and 6 endo charges would give me 11+ seconds of invuln to phys damage. however, how the hell do we stop from getting one shot by spells?

Well, spell still have its particular damage types. For a character with 4k+ life that's max resist (or over cap it in case we get cursed), we won't get one shotted unless there are other factors, the worst being -max resist on map mods or crit from bosses. However those factors are also lethal for a character with 6k + effective life pool. Most hardcore death occur because of that, and it is not something having a larger life pool will save you from. If you have seen Helman's RIP on his flameblaster in the one week race, you might get my point better. He died from Shrine Piety critting a lightning storm above him. He was running MoM AA with cloak, over 6k effective life pool. Still one shotted even without -max.
So my answer really is, we simply cannot. We cannot guarantee not getting one shot by spells under certain circumstances, and nobody can. However I can guarantee that when i wanna lvl up safely and avoid mods such like minus max, 95% of times, elemental spells is not even a threat. For bosses we can prepare corresponding flasks, which greatly reduce the danger.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 20, 2014, 5:45:05 AM
Updated with a fracture map video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info