1.3 Dual Elemental Static Strike up to 1,6 Million single target DPS [Dual Curse]

witnessed this build in action and the clearing speed is just insane! haven't seen someone clearing bosses so fast in a while, and without +1000ex gear...

Seems to me that it is a build were you can't get distracted due to increased damage taken but the amount of dps you do counters that effect has mobs don't seem to have many chances in hitting you before they die...

Going to consider following this build in the near future for me want to try it myself.

kudos for you mate!

viel glück
"
lets say you deal 100 dmg and have 50% phys and 50% ele dmg
100*1,5*1,5=225 (not 100*(1,5+1,5) because your phys dmg gets increased, converted and increased again)

This is false information, please get your facts straight:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

Having 50% phys and 50% elemental damage (or lightning in this case) in passives is equal to having 100% phys 0% elemental or 0% phys 100% elemental if you are converting 100% of your physical damage to lightning.

All increased damage elements get summed up at one point, damage conversion just decides which ones get summed and in what ratio (they never multiply as you say they do).
So your advice is just pure wrong, just grab the biggest number modifiers you can and i would favor elemental more over physical because of Ignite being boosted by it and your Herald of Thunder getting stronger lightning bolt hits.

Please do more research next time, to prevent the spread of false information like this.

For a purpose of a 100% conversion build, getting pure elemental node is always better if you can get them in a same point-value ratio (aka 10% elemental damage > 10% phys damage in nodes), mostly because of Auras/Heralds/Flat Ele damage on gear and ignite.
For higher point-value ratios in favor of physical nodes, it depends on auras/heralds being run and the amount of flat physical damage you get from your weapon and jewelery compared to flat elemental damage from buffs and gear and cannot be generalized as a rule but only on a case by case basis.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jan 7, 2015, 8:53:20 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
lets say you deal 100 dmg and have 50% phys and 50% ele dmg
100*1,5*1,5=225 (not 100*(1,5+1,5) because your phys dmg gets increased, converted and increased again)

This is false information, please get your facts straight:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

Having 50% phys and 50% elemental damage (or lightning in this case) in passives is equal to having 100% phys 0% elemental or 0% phys 100% elemental if you are converting 100% of your physical damage to lightning.

All increased damage elements get summed up at one point, damage conversion just decides which ones get summed and in what ratio (they never multiply as you say they do).
So your advice is just pure wrong, just grab the biggest number modifiers you can and i would favor elemental more over physical because of Ignite being boosted by it and your Herald of Thunder getting stronger lightning bolt hits.

Please do more research next time, to prevent the spread of false information like this.

For a purpose of a 100% conversion build, getting pure elemental node is always better if you can get them in a same point-value ratio (aka 10% elemental damage > 10% phys damage in nodes), mostly because of Auras/Heralds/Flat Ele damage on gear and ignite.
For higher point-value ratios in favor of physical nodes, it depends on auras/heralds being run and the amount of flat physical damage you get from your weapon and jewelery compared to flat elemental damage from buffs and gear and cannot be generalized as a rule but only on a case by case basis.

Thanks for correcting, I deleted it from the guide.
Awesome guide, awesome dude

PM'd him with some questions and he gladly answered each and every one of them, even offered me some upgrades.

Wish there were more people around here like him. Cheers, and luck to everyone trying this OP build out! It's so fun and so worth the (small) investment.
little question:
is the meginords better than a lightning doryanis?
Last edited by hypnoticz on Jan 11, 2015, 4:13:04 PM
yes! flat physical gives us more than % ele damage since we already have so much % ele damage.
it also gives us life and flask recovery (good combination with belly of the beast)
why do you use the Vaal Pact? i don't see any way to regenerate life ...

Thanks.
"
DarkEclypse wrote:
why do you use the Vaal Pact? i don't see any way to regenerate life ...

Thanks.

Due to the herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit Autocurse system your enemy is always cursed because you have 50% critchance to shock and lots of lightning damage means about 50% chance to shock...HoT is striking all the time and cursing foes with warlords mark which grants 6,9% life leech. with the 2% from 2 doryanis we have 8,9% lets say 9% life leech.
Leech is weak for high damage builds
why?
because you can only leech 20% of your maximum life per second. means 1k in my case (5k life)

With Vaal pact we have 3,6% effective life leech that applies instantly (9*0,4)

That means as soon as we reach 27,777 dps, vaal pact becomes better than just leech. (1000/3,6)*100

and thats just for single target. while leech only counts the currently biggest hit, vaal pact counts every hit like LgoH! the more enemies you hit, the more life you get.

Hope I could help you
oh, ok, so i'm now at lv 40, so it only going to start working with the COH ... My COH isn't working yet, not enough mana ..

As soon as i have mana for it i'll try it :)

Thanks!!!
Either with COH or with so much dps that your life leech per second is higher than 20% of your life without warlords mark. But remember, more enemies increases the efficiency of vaal pact and youre facing multiple enemies all the time (even the most map bosses have adds)

I'll overhaul my guide soon and add more detail to every part of it. (Especially leveling)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info