How do you give "gifts" in poe?

Do i understand this straight?

Multiple copies of items from mystery boxes can be donated to other people?

If so, this is great news!
I have so many unused MTXs from the patty day and fiery mystery boxes that I want to simply give away to my guildies, but GGG wont even let me do that.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Jul 26, 2015, 7:57:12 AM
"
No, those will very likely be rejected, as has been stated in other posts. The feature to gift mtxes has not been turned on, and Support may or may not grant such a request personally.

Given that multiples of mtxes from the mystery boxes are 'booby prizes', I strongly doubt they'd indulge any sort of gifting of what people seem to consider 'crap'.

In order to 'gift' mtxes, Support technically have to add the mtx to the recipient's mtx stash and delete it from the giver's. In the case of mass low-value mtxes that people just want to get rid of, that's probably just not worth the work.

Don't use this strange necro as an excuse to get on a fucking soapbox about mystery boxes please.

What soapbox? I've never been been on a soapbox.

I respect your opinion, but I hope you're wrong. It makes a lot of rational sense to be able to give multiples of your mtx's as gifts to other people.

"
bhavv wrote:
I have so many unused MTXs from the patty day and fiery mystery boxes that I want to simply give away to my guildies, but GGG wont even let me do that.

if they allowed this it would be the same thing as rmt, people sell cash shop items for exalted orbs. sadly some people would do the evil rmt instead of just being nice to a friend. which is why it will never be allowed.
"
momonami5 wrote:

if they allowed this it would be the same thing as rmt, people sell cash shop items for exalted orbs. sadly some people would do the evil rmt instead of just being nice to a friend. which is why it will never be allowed.

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you talking about trading? We're talking about a gift.

So how about this solution? GGG implements a function where you give people multiples of mtx's and the person who receives the gift can't give anything in return. No trading. Just handing someone a gift. A random act of kindness!
"
How do you give "gifts" in poe?

Very, VERY carefully!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info