How do you give "gifts" in poe?

I am a masculine man, I chugg raw eggs along with protein powder whilst lifting a dumbbell with one of my arms.

Please give me items to keep being manly

xoxoxoxox
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Enzari wrote:
I am a masculine man, I chugg raw eggs along with protein powder whilst lifting a dumbbell with one of my arms.

Please give me items to keep being manly

xoxoxoxox
"
Darkfyre wrote:
There is an option in the notifications to turn on/off "gift notifications". So you must be able to give gifts, but I can't figure out how??

We've implemented a gifting system where you can buy microtransactions for friends. It's not being turned on yet because we want to make sure that there aren't abuse cases.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
"
Chris wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
There is an option in the notifications to turn on/off "gift notifications". So you must be able to give gifts, but I can't figure out how??

We've implemented a gifting system where you can buy microtransactions for friends. It's not being turned on yet because we want to make sure that there aren't abuse cases.

OMG

INB4 I beg my rich guild buddy to buy me a weapon MTX effect I've wanted for 9999 years lol :D

I'll buy you one if you gift me one of your juicy acuities. ;)
Last edited by Sa_Re on Dec 17, 2014, 6:01:50 PM
A nice forum user wanted to give me 4 points during the thanksgiving pet days, so I can buy the turkey. But his request wasn't processed by support in time because they had to contact "the manager".

Will we be able to send each other points with this gifting system? Or just MTXes?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Chris wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:

While it wouldn't be useful to the bot-herders and their brokers, I don't see how you could prevent petty RMT abuse.

Player 1 and Player 2 friend each other.

P1 gifts P2 an MTX.

P1 and P2 do a trade in which P2 offers significantly more than P1. eg p1 offers nothing/trash items, P2 offers currency/a high end item.

Net result: P1 has exploited buying P2 an MTX to engage in de facto RMT.

Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:

While it wouldn't be useful to the bot-herders and their brokers, I don't see how you could prevent petty RMT abuse.

P1 gifts P2 an MTX.

P1 and P2 do a trade in which P2 offers significantly more than P1. eg p1 offers nothing/trash items, P2 offers currency/a high end item.

Well, you can just as well give a friend an item ingame and get real money in person for it. Well, wouldnt be much of a friend then but its always 2 sides to a coin.
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:

P1 gifts P2 an MTX.

Big difference between this and RMT is this is almost entirely ingame (aside from purchasing points), and GGG gets money. It's like EVE and it's PLEX system. At least, I think it's PLEX used for game time. I'd much rather this be big, than RMT.
Last edited by Whatyr on Dec 17, 2014, 6:23:33 PM
Maybe he meant abuse by giving someone wetas every day just to annoy them.
"
Maybe he meant abuse by giving someone wetas every day just to annoy them.

I'd like to have a bunch of them skittering around in my hideout, tbh. I think they're cute little buggers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info