[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

"
Thx.

I am currently running this build, lvl 57, Have Mind Drinker and running only 2 auras. 87 mana is my total pool and I am forced to use flasks :-/

Early on you will need to use flasks as you likely don't have enough damage with just 2%. You will need it on gear if you don't want to use flasks. At 68 you can get a harbinger bow with a good crit roll. You can also check out decimation bows or other crit roll bows pre68 but it is usually not worth it as they will be replaced.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I have also dropped ice since I am only losing roughly 3k from damage and it allowed me to test out attack speed better and am only running ash and hatred. I think hatred is enough and it helps if a player is trying to get a tad more attack speed in managing mana.

Question if you have tested: Does herald of ash buff the added fire damage gem in any way that's significant. I am leveling a second physical to lightning to test vs the added fire damage gem since I think at lvl 20 it will exceed added fire yet unsure if ash is giving some bonus that may not be seen in tool tips?

Have you tested this at all yet?
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jan 2, 2015, 11:38:11 AM
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
I have also dropped ice since I am only losing roughly 3k from damage and it allowed me to test out attack speed better and am only running ash and hatred. I think hatred is enough and it helps if a player is trying to get a tad more attack speed in managing mana.

Question if you have tested: Does herald of ash buff the added fire damage gem in any way that's significant. I am leveling a second physical to lightning to test vs the added fire damage gem since I think at lvl 20 it will exceed added fire yet unsure if ash is giving some bonus that may not be seen in tool tips?

Herald of Ash is very, very good. I never drop it unless I needed grace for some reason, which is never basically. Herald of Ash and Hatred should be enough mana tbh, assuming you have a semi decent bow.

Phys to lightning does more than added fire for me, just barely. This is for TS of course. I noticed they are basically them same when 20/20. My 19/20 phys lightning gem barely outshines 21/20 added fire.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:

Herald of Ash is very, very good. I never drop it unless I needed grace for some reason, which is never basically. Herald of Ash and Hatred should be enough mana tbh, assuming you have a semi decent bow.

Phys to lightning does more than added fire for me, just barely. This is for TS of course. I noticed they are basically them same when 20/20. My 19/20 phys lightning gem barely outshines 21/20 added fire.

I did not mean dropping ash I just mentioned it I think in earlier reply since someone was still lvling and having mana issues xD. I was curious, however if there was some hidden benefit of ash and the added fire damage added fire damage gem in TS may have that may be hidden since I was lvling a second Physical to thunder to sub in and test yet it seems you have done that.

On a side note: I gave up trying to gain 20% or so increased attack speed which was a real drain on mana it seemed and will just accept power damage over IAS & for some reason I seem to crush stuff much better with herald of ice active then when I take it off. Its only a 500 dps cold damage increase on frenzy on plain tooltip min - max and 170ish on TS yet for some reason I seem to notice things dying much faster with it up xD. I am out of regrets to test a few other options yet your tree in general seems like the best path in general with good harbinger bow. Nice guide BTW and well thought out.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jan 2, 2015, 1:31:31 PM
Hello,

I think i'm going to try your build out. What I'm wondering is, could you put in a leveling progress trees. What to shoot for first, maybe a 20, 40, 60, 80 thing. What is good to get first and things that could wait till later on.. I'm doing a self find char, so it should be fun.

Thank you.
"
Thjern wrote:
Hello,

I think i'm going to try your build out. What I'm wondering is, could you put in a leveling progress trees. What to shoot for first, maybe a 20, 40, 60, 80 thing. What is good to get first and things that could wait till later on.. I'm doing a self find char, so it should be fun.

Thank you.

Will do midweek, got a few things on Monday/Tuesday.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Will look forward to your guide!
Hi Grocery, been rocking ur build since 2 weeks and now with 280 pdps bow i kill thinks on sight with 1 or 2 tornadoes.. i love it.. dominus on farm with an easy. got 15 k dps tooltip with runes up.. but why herald of ash is so superior? the ignite dmg isnt noticeable coz things die so fast to get ignited. i feel that the instant aoe dmg from herald of ice if better.. am using HOI with wrath and herald of thunder with curse on hit and Assassin's Mark and it has been great.

so why herald of ash?

this is my gear .. not teh best but still working on.. its my first month or so on torment :D

Can you give me some advice what to improve in my build for Uber atziri fights.

My passive tree

Gears
Spoiler

I did few Uber runs and managed to kill her but Both runs i used 4-5 portals. I am having Real issues with Vaals because not enought dmg to take them down before they start casting random shits.

Im doing 29k Tornado shot with GMP. But i prefer to use LMP (40k)because of more dmg for Vaals and also for Atziri (because sometimes is so hard to clear the mobs at her healing phase). Puncture dps is 63k (for some reason im not using it at vaals cuz i feel like TS does more dmg there lol). The way im doing Vaals is i fill 1 Vaal haste Gem and 1 Vaal Grace gem , first when they pop (the vaals) i use Vaal haste to put as much dmg as i can and then when they are back from the underground im poping Vaal grace to dodge the painfull spells . Im runing x2 Hp flasks +3 speed flask + 2topaz flasks. not having troubles at trio unless i get some random desync. For atziri nothing much to do there ,just need to practise mechanic skills to dodge her shits. Also i want to ask for what bow to look for . With more pdps or with 9+crits etc.?
Any other high end mappers having issues with reflect on TS with only 2% leech. Problem is somewhat solved with a LL gem yet that is a loss of about 13k damage on average from TS. I see spikes even on elemental reflect yet way more so on physical reflect and I am sure its due to the high side of the damage with good bows yet my bow is no glyph mark so those of you using a glyph especially are you having any issues if in heavy mapping situations? I may have to look for a 6% amulet of some kind yet the LL gem works for both physical and elemental so it may be a better fit and 10% exp lost at my lvl = a week to get just the 10 percent back let alone all the maps wasted and the only issue is reflect with the high damage numbers flying around. It may be due also to the fact that I have 94% chance to hit and not in the 85 - 89 range and I also subbed in the ICS gem instead of PCOC since it almost = 4 charges from PCOC and there is no issue with the initial hit or 2 having to generate the charges (my thought is with acuity there is less of a chance of the initial shot or 2 not maxing leech due to having to power charge up to hit max charges I.E Crit chance, etc.). I may have to drop back to PCOC gem since I do not think I was having this issue as much as I am when I changed it up since they upgraded the percent on that gem making it almost = to PCOC and for frenzy/puncture for boses rarely will you have charges from power charges up past a second or so.

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jan 5, 2015, 7:39:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info