[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

Hey man, I'm kind of new to the game so didn't quite understand how you can make the frenzy skill both acquire frenzy and power charges? how does that work? :)

Best regards
"
Lobstern wrote:
Hey man, I'm kind of new to the game so didn't quite understand how you can make the frenzy skill both acquire frenzy and power charges? how does that work? :)

Best regards

Frenzy gets a frenzy charge everytime you hit. Power Charges come from power charge on crit gem. Sometimes assassin's mark too.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
jbd007 wrote:
Thanks for the guide/etc.

Have a question though. I thought for most bow builds it was best to get as high of a phys damage as possible and then let Hatred and Ash add onto that. Yet I see you use Weapon Ele Dmg gem and increased ele dmg on most of your gear. Isn't that only useful if you've got high ele dmg on your gear? Will increased ele dmg mods work AFTER the effects of Hatred/Ash? Also, was wondering where you get ANY lightning dmg from? I don't see any of your gear having any base of lightning nor in the tree .... so where does the lightning dmg come from. Also, wouldn't dmg from Tornado shot be better with crit multi gem linked in?

Haven't respec'd my Puncture/Split Arrow ranger yet and was looking at this guide as a possibility to follow. I had been using a Crit Harbinger bow with only up to like 280 dps but I switched to a Lioneyes because the actual overall DPS seemed significantly higher (cause of the much better attack speed) despite the lower crit of a Lioneyes.

Thanks

This is a build that is similar to Neversink's build, so it is a fairly common type of build. You build up the Physical Damage from the bow and the other items that have.

Lightning Damage is on my gear but most of the 1k+ is from WED. So the increased weapon ele is actually not terrible considering my gems, but again, it is not optimal, but kind of due to my gear. Once my gear increases the optimization will as well, but you play with what you got!

My current gear has weapon ele damage because it is not expensive. I'd go pure crit and phys but the gear on Warbands is not that great yet considering it is only a week old.

If you have a Harbinger with 280 dps and it has an explicit crit chance roll, I guarantee the dps will be higher than Lioneyes.

The tooltip DPS and clear speed has always been better with the Lioneyes but when I respec I can try again. I also have a fast +3 thicket bow that I'm using for my Explosive Arrow guy, would that be a better bow to use here with all the added elemental dmg or is the fact the phys dmg on it is much lower make that not viable?

Thanks for your time.
Phys Damage and Crit all the way. Thicket has low base crit and ele is not good. All my ele comes from Auras, WED and Phys to lightning.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hi,

I saw your post and I really liked it. I'm tring to build this template and so far I'm really enjoying it.
I have one question though. How do you get your intelligence from?
I can see in your screen shots that you have 145 int but I can't find any point in your passive skill tree.

Thank you.
"
blast12 wrote:
Hi,

I saw your post and I really liked it. I'm tring to build this template and so far I'm really enjoying it.
I have one question though. How do you get your intelligence from?
I can see in your screen shots that you have 145 int but I can't find any point in your passive skill tree.

Thank you.

The +10 nodes help, but most is on the gear. If you don't take it on gear get it on the tree.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hi.

At first thx for your very good guide for Shadow Bow Build.

Unfortunately, I'm Korean and not good at listening.

So I wish to understand your guide fully, but I can't. This is very sad. :(

Your guide saids about PUNCTURE and TORNADO SHOT.

So would you let me know the best chance for using PUNCTURE and TORNADHO SHOT?

For example, PUNCTURE is good for boss and TORNADHO SHOT is good for mapping?

I'm not sure with this, so please let me know.

Hey, I've been comparing this build with Neversink's to decide what to run. Could you explain how you hit much higher tooltip dps on tornado shot (90k) while Neversink only gets around 17k?

Also wondering on how HC-viable you feel this is in 2.0. And your thoughts on uniques such as Hyrre's Ire, Atziri's Step, and Drillneck?

Thanks.

Last edited by Linfei on Jul 18, 2015, 11:40:40 PM
"
ironsidex85 wrote:
Hi.

At first thx for your very good guide for Shadow Bow Build.

Unfortunately, I'm Korean and not good at listening.

So I wish to understand your guide fully, but I can't. This is very sad. :(

Your guide saids about PUNCTURE and TORNADO SHOT.

So would you let me know the best chance for using PUNCTURE and TORNADHO SHOT?

For example, PUNCTURE is good for boss and TORNADHO SHOT is good for mapping?

I'm not sure with this, so please let me know.

Tornado Shot GMP does excellent dps on everything, single target and packs.

Puncture is used for bosses where you need to do damage while moving. Hit the boss and the bleed does damage. It is also good for Atziri split phase where reflect hurts.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Hey, I've been comparing this build with Neversink's to decide what to run. Could you explain how you hit much higher tooltip dps on tornado shot (90k) while Neversink only gets around 17k?

Also wondering on how HC-viable you feel this is in 2.0. And your thoughts on uniques such as Hyrre's Ire, Atziri's Step, and Drillneck?

Thanks.

Probably just the gear. Neversink's build is indeed very similar. I had pretty gnarly gear in those screenshots, as is linked in the guide.

I posted my current gear though and I get over 50k on TS without any mirrored gear.

This is viable in HC, I ould run Atziri's step and Hyrii's. Drillneck is nice, but it depends on the current quiver you have and if you can run it with the other uniques you need to use. Resistances come first of course, pretty basic, I know.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info