Dual wield Hyaon's Fury Flicker strike [2.0] Build still works! better dps possibilities!

Very nice build! I can't wait till i can use my Hyaon's :D

But while I was leveling my Duelist i noticed that you ignored some elemental and weapon elemental damage nodes. Do they not increase the lightning damage done by flicker strike?

I'm talking about the ones at the starting area from the shadow and at the bottom right: "Forces of Nature"
If they would just increase the lightning damage as "x% increased lightning damage" you would get 90% with those elemental nodes whereas the lightning wheel grants 91%. The only thing you're missing are 10% chance to shock and 3% lightning pen but you would save 8 skill points. However, elemental damage would also increase your Herald of Ice damage.

Another thing are the power charges. If you really use assasin's mark as a curse you would permanently get power charges. Wouldn't it be useful to then grab the +1 maximum power charge at the top right corner?

This is the tree I'm thinking about with all the elemental nodes and the power charge:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYB3AW1BiAOSBGBEZYTnhX2Fr8ZtBnXI_Yk_SaVKgswcTB8NZI2PTpCOuE-z0V8R35KfUt4TZJN404qUUdVS1b6WHVaGluvXfJfOWHiYnlirGNDY6dlTWegapNsjG1scFJw1XSgd9d4DX4zfyuE2Yd2idOMC4w2jX2Nv5OVl5ebLZ2qpJGly6ZXqW6tM7CrtDi0xbVItfK2Qbl8vTa95r6KvqfC7NQj2L3dDd1G3ajd4-Of5RnnVOyw8kXz6vTm-_X8xf4K_o__3g==

What do you think? Am I totally wrong with the elemental damage? Does the shock chance + lightning pen. outscale the 8 extra points? Is the power charge worth it?

oh and I moved 1 point from "18% increased frenzy charge duration" at the shadow area to +10 Dex cause the 18% duration doesn't really matter in my opinion and you also grabbed Blooddrinker anyway.
Very interesting take, though the reasoning for me traveling up to the witch area instead of staying in the shadow area can be player prefrence for a small portion.

The reason i travel to witch is lightning pen, and for later levels, This opens up throatseeker, this opens up cruel preparation, and this opens up the power charge under the lightning area as well.

Your route is good, it focuses on general damage, though the force of nature clusture generally isn't worth 3 points, since you can get that node by itself, in a set of rings, so Good rings =/= 3 skillpoints. which i honestly think the skill points hold more value, since with those 3 points, i can grab the eagle eye cluster instead which is accuracy and crit chance.

As for the shock chance vs elemental nodes you have to think about it like this.

Shock is equal to a curse in value, so in theory you may be missing on either a bunch more crit chance, or 30% or so lightning pen from conductivity, and since until late late where you get the dream equipment and all the crit, swords have shitty base crit and you wont be shocking a majority without some shock chance.

The power charges i decided not to grab at this time due to I've been swapping out curses to test effectiveness, so far i prefer conductivity, but assassins mark isn't wrong, but there is a variation in the build that uses poachers mark too, so I'm looking out for people who may have different curse prefrences by not dumping 2 or 3 skill points into 2 charges that may sit there.

as for your tree, it isn't wrong, saving 8 points and getting the 91% difference is great, but the issue is, what do you spend the 8 points on in that current area now?

You can almost grab true strike for more crit, isn't terrible. You can grab charisma, but since this is BL based mana isnt too much of an issue, you can also grab profane chemistry for a bit more life if you like. But I prefer sticking near the witch, there is a lot more options to branch out for those super high levels.

I think your build is fine! and if it works it works, I'm not a 100% true build maker and i have room to improve myself, I just think the value of the points your spending aren't worth the points, the shadow area is great and i will get that once late late levels come in, and throatseeker cluster near witch so i have plans to grab these anyway! but i kept the guide at 100, because generally lots dont make it past there.
Hi,
I wanted to say that it is my first character in this game and I really enjoy your build so far (lvl 69 duelist)!!! It is really cool and if you can deal with desync, it is awesome ^^, but now I have both hyaons, I have some trouble getting to the resistance cap (or even getting 50% elemental resistance u_u)
I do have some questions :
1. Are the boots really an important part of the build ? I have the blood dancer but it doesnt seem like a necessity, they don't bring much to the table except for that extra chance of getting a frenzy charge.
2. Is Ondar's Guile not as good as it sounds (double chance of evading projectile attacks)? It's my first character and I know that I will dodge most projectiles with the flicker strike, but 1 point doesnt seem like a big investment.

Thanks for the build anyway, it's probably the main reason I stick with the game so far. And if you could expand your guide a little bit much into the late game it would be awesome ^^, I'm still a bit lost in this game and I have no idea how to build past the stuff you recommended ^^'.
Does someone has a screenshot or something of this build's passive skill tree plz ? I'm trying to update it to 2.0 but I can't really remember the path and the nodes in this build >.>

So anyway, I tried to come up with something:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAmy1fOYrw6UbEgt3j9Oawq76nGbRqk0z_QzHDM1oaTipbrw2NFfZieQAGh3bjn0p97g6jiiP2TZKNffljVP695j7PUUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtejW53RtbLVI8-oqC3BSidNw1V3yDkgRlpOVrTMZ13_GMFusl5WHHYOio8Hz
gh706TaJT69nvVWFpcsUsEwtEQ9-r7WF71DBtC19jRngEtlf3Yx-M6SRE56MNiyFIWDBi4FBNe867ed
UJP3_3hR1d9d0oFh1BiBW-t1GY6cRgX8r1oo=

I'm still a beginner so the skill tree might suck, and I have no idea what to do with this build so any suggestions are very welcome.
I was a bit shy about taking all the dual wielding nodes, because of the physical damage that is wasted.
So i found a Static Electricity jewel and thought it might be useful for this build and planned to come back to it. I found that the tree wasn't updated so i came up with my own based on:

"
Acquila wrote:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAmy1fOYrw6UbEgt3j9Oawq76nGbRqk0z_QzHDM1oaTipbrw2NFfZieQAGh3bjn0p97g6jiiP2TZKNffljVP695j7PUUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtejW53RtbLVI8-oqC3BSidNw1V3yDkgRlpOVrTMZ13_GMFusl5WHHYOio8Hz
gh706TaJT69nvVWFpcsUsEwtEQ9-r7WF71DBtC19jRngEtlf3Yx-M6SRE56MNiyFIWDBi4FBNe867ed
UJP3_3hR1d9d0oFh1BiBW-t1GY6cRgX8r1oo=

I too am not that good at build making so, its mostly the same except it takes some sword/dual wield nodes, and a jewel slot. it drops some useless dex nodes for some better nodes.

i recommend getting the main node first, avoid getting the dex nodes that go nowhere (near the jewel slot) i dont really know its worth but 10 extra lightning damage seems nice.

tldr; took a jewel slot and alternate pathways; useless dex nodes for static electricity jewel

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAAYF-QYgC8ENjQ5IEQ8RgRGWEdUTnhR1FLAV8BX2GdcdgyFgI_Yk_SoLLIUtfTBbMHEwfDGwNe82iTfUOkI67T7PQzFKfUt4TC1M_02STipPr1FHVP5VhVb6V5dYdVoaW69d8l85YEFieWNwY6dnvW1scFJw1XSgd9d-M36vfyt_xoFBgh6HdonTivCMNo0ZjX2Nv5OVlYeVzJsmmy2io6OKpJGly6yXrTOwq7VItYW95r6nwYvBtMHzwzPEgsv11CPUUtaK2V_cvd1G3YzdqN3j4BLjn-cP51TndOjW6UbtP-4O71Dz6vTm9On5Y__e

EDIT: I forgot that blood rage no longer gives the free frenzy charge, so u may want to take those freeze nodes under the shock chance in the shadow region, then link ice spite to ur links. Also you may want to drop some lightning damage and grab vaal pact when u get into late game and reflect can pratically one shot you, or u might want to drop maligaro's for acuity's
Last edited by FlameofOrigin on Jul 16, 2015, 8:53:44 PM
I am currently working on updating this build for 2.0, a lot of changes happened and ive been out of commission for a while! so, I am going to experiment around, examine the tree, new gems, new armors/equipment and see what comes of it. So stay tuned here, im gonna be workin on this!

Just a few things to ask for the people while i work on updating this

Any new uniques that may be viable? link them here i'll examine them

The gems i'd like to see as well!

And overall any changes to gems/things that may make this not work, first i will work on the new skill tree! then get to all the new esoteric's that have arose!
Im doing a flicker Hyaon's fury for the 1 month, and this is the tree i came up with.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nYEFlTWNwvTYR1Ud-V5eE2UMxTP_DM04qWhpbryyFDY0hYPzFh3ZAoMGL7g7jn3rvXhOBQe96o4pKfQUt704179N-I_b5Y3TtYVI67QBefXWNfU2SlcyGYBmO_rrtPzpS7YM31LyfDjxRRxiRFHGNvz7P2Xz46wW11CO95oIH6hjC7DBxdqz3MrTF3ajPfnzZYqwM8kt4napsjKXLOkJVhW1sD6sWvyaVYeJVS4w2E56kkX4zXfIOSBGWk5WtMxnX

I opted to go for RT due to the 5% base crit chance, the amount of crit on your tree only brings the crit chance up to 16.75 percent, and isnt going to go all that much higher with diamond rings and a crit amulet. I figured the 100% chance to hit would provide an overall increase in damage, and allows for a much higher amount of life to be picked up. The jewel static electricity is used in the ranger jewel slot, as this provides a flat 70 lightning damage to attacks, which really helps increase the damage quite a bit.

The only part that im not sure on is the Ambidexterity notable, and whether or not the 26% increased attack damage includes the lightning, if not, I'd probably drop that and grab the attack speed coming out of shadow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info