Dual wield Hyaon's Fury Flicker strike [2.0] Build still works! better dps possibilities!

Hey, nice build. I see you have lightning strike in your eq though, but not in your build description. Is it there temporarily or should i get it? Thanks!
i dont see anywhere in your equipment that u have + to max frenzy charges, and in your description you say that you have 9 charges. i dont see that being possible, explain please
just started your build on tournament
Can you say bandit rewards?

i think best it's
40hp
1skill
Frenzy

am right?

upd.
Right now lvl 24 my gear
Unique's
Brightbeak x2
Goldrim Leather Cap
Slitherpinch Bronzescale Gauntlets
Briskwrap Strapped Leather
Wurm's Molt Leather Belt
other gear rare's)
good start:)
Last edited by Dante382 on Mar 8, 2015, 7:50:22 AM
Duelist leveling video , sorry for bad quality , potato pc :)
Gear and tree in end of the video , gl
Video
http://youtu.be/2dEsg9sBuNY

Last edited by Dante382 on Mar 9, 2015, 11:28:47 AM
"
Hey, nice build. I see you have lightning strike in your eq though, but not in your build description. Is it there temporarily or should i get it? Thanks!

Lightning strike with GMP or LMP can be an alternative for single target dps vs dual strike, I'll add it in the normal build descript.
Hey Everyone, i apologize for not updating this as frequently as i wanted to, lifes been quite hectic and i recently just moved. Still trying to get settled in and all. I'm gonna write some awnsers to some of the questions i've been reciving to the best of my abilitys as soon as I can.
So this is to awnser some questions that have been popping up recently and mostly generally have been brought up to me during my travels when i was still playing.

So lets get these out of the way.

Leveling, How do you level flicker strike? what nodes should i focus on?

Leveling this build is 100% difficult, due to as a duelist you don't have access to any lightning spells or intelligence which makes things odd, but i reccomend two things to aid in leveling and what i did.

Dual wield ungil's + Wrath aura.
Facebreakers.

Dual wielding ungils with wrath is essentially the hyoans effect until you can acutally get them, you can use Reave, and pretty much mow everything down for a long time since you grab lightning damage nodes and such on your way to the witch area.

Facebreakers are an easier alternative, but require you to optimize your equipment so you can get the most out of them, plus this build uses 0% physical damage so they'd fall off pretty significally after a while.

Pathing.

Pathing is a bit difficult but i'll do every 20 points for simplicity.

20 points:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nZU29Nkd-hNkB3L6KeA2pbrXyNZLYvf4K8kU64f6PTeOmVw==

We drop by the life wheel and grab all the nodes.

40 points:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nZU0ZtL02apNHfrZBhNlOKgHcvop4DalutfI1kv6P2L1N4_4KplfyRTrhW6_dDfzFZ6CHduOfSn1W-nfXfyswfI19I_ZNkg==

If you are leveling via frenzy skill or Frenzybreaker, grab the frenzy node, if not, skip it for more life nodes down the line.

60 points:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nZU0ZtL02apNHfrZBhNlOKgHcW6--it0NeA38xaluVvpnoLXyd9eHdjWSfyvjn_6P2L0wfEp9TeP-ClFHjX2mV_JFjb8j9jrhBbVNksLs1CMM8jBxpcvdqG1sS3g6QrVI8-oqC3BSidNw1V3y

We grab acro and phase acro now. we also start our trek to the witch tree from shadow.

80 points:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nZU0ZtL02apNHfrZBhNlOKgHcW6--it0NeA38xaluVvpnoLXyd9eHdjWSfyvjn_6P2L0wfEp9TeP-ClFHjX2mV_JFjb8j9jrhBbVNksLs1CMM8jBxpcvdqG1sS3g6QrVI8-oqC3BSidNw1V3yPs-95loaLIUOSBGWk5WtMxnXf8aio8Hzgh4UsEwtEQ9-r40Z4BLZXw==

We grab the rest of our frenzy charges now because you should be ready to flicker, we grab arcing blows and we go into the lightning wheel from witch.

100 points:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nZU0ZtL02apNHfrZBhNlOKloaAdxbr76K3Q1ieXgN_MUV9qluVvpnoAAGtfJ314d2NZJ_K-Of_o_YvTB8Sn1N4_4KUUeNfaZX8kWNvz7PI_Y64QW1veZNksLs1CMM8jBxpcvdqG1sS3i1SDpC8-oqC3BSidNw1V3yfjMOSKSREZYTnpOVf8aMNq0zoqNVSxnXwfNh4oIeJpUUsBa_TC0RD36vtYWNGe9Q4BLBtNlfLX3djHSgWHUGIDY97LCMC7l8

We pick up blood siphon, and a bunch of crit nodes as well.

I'll leave it at 100 points, since most generally dont make it past there.

This build is still WIP on my end since i havent had time to dedicate to it. but with my new moving position and now that im settled in, i'm going to be attempting to try my best to aid people in making this build themselves!

I hope I awnsered some big questions as well.
EDIT: Uploaded two videos, one showing ungil gauche effectiveness vs ledge, and low level maps. And a 69 blue shore map.
Fun with Hayon's!

Made a Similar build about half a year ago, DW acro H.F.

Notable Differences: Some of these may help, some will not be applicable anymore, and some may just muddy the waters.

- I used Molten Strike. Molten + Multi + WED + BM + LL + LightPen. Less seizure inducing. Gave me two more primary routes to multiplicative buff damage. Point Blank was a free ~42% More. Aoe gave me options to use Conc Effect multiplier and the guaranteed "shotgun" multiplier. Like you however, I mostly used Light Pen for clear speed.

- This was before Block/ acro block nerf. So I was able to focus the build primarily on block, life, eva, and Frenzy Charges. ~45% block, ~22% spell Block, 40% Dodge, 45% Spell Dodge. Yes, I preffered to use Atrizi Step. They become relatively cheap, relatively quickly. Cheap enough to spam Vaal for +1 F.Charge. Also Stone of Lazhwar are cheap enough to corrupt for +1 F.Charge along with the welcome spell block. They are especially cheap compared to Lightning Coil. Which even then cost quite a bit for a 6L. I used a lucky find Corrupted 6L I pulled from a box.

- This was pre-HoT so I had no easy auto-cursing. This was also pre-Poacher's Mark, so there was no easy Auto-Charge generation coupled with %hit and L/MGoH. My build was too cheap or poorly made to handle Blood Rage. At least in my comfort level. I tried it throughout the build, and felt it made the squishy build squishier. Instead of self casting Conductivity, and the using frenzy, or changing my gear preference, I used a Frenzy + CoH + Splash + Conductivity. This provided a frenzy charge and a good dps boost. However, I suspect it would be inferior to a HoT setup. Conductivity being overkill on 99.9% of mobs, and the "stutter" of switching attacks lowered dps. All to maintain dps.

All in all a glassy build (this was higher damage taken days also) with a better than average dps. It was an exercise in budget building also, the whole build was less than 3ex. Most expensive item being the multiple pairs of A.Step for corruption. Hayon's Fury has likely gone up in price since then though, as the drawback reduction buffed the sword.

If your interested here's a link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993284
outdated, but super detailed calculations for the actual projectile damage. Something over 40kdps.
That's a quite interesting take on the build if i do say so myself.

My hyoans both costed less than an exalt since well, the sword really isn't being used, it is hands down my favorite unique in the game, And im considering making a Dual wield witch arcer HoT poachers mark with them, Should be interesting to say the least.

Im not at the corruption stages yet, but once i get there i believe my amulet and boots can be corrupted for a frenzy charge? [I've never gotten so late game to get to corruptions]

As for poachers, thats an interesting idea, if you're doing the dark ray vectors version of the build, due to you wont be able to fight the degen as well without blood dances, so i'll take that tip and add it to the guide!
Last edited by zwlda on Mar 12, 2015, 11:14:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info