1.3 Facebreaker Build ?

I forget which patch it was, but a while back the way physical dmg modifier worked was changed. Increases to physical damage now scales quite nicely with facebreaker. During 1.2, the highest sustainable dps I could achieve was ~45k with melee splash. In 1.3, highest sustainable dps is ~87k with splash and ~123k single target.

Can't quite recall stats now but default attack during 1.2 was like 1xxx - 3xxx. Current default attack with same gear is 3425 - 5751. That is mostly from the new shield passives.

It's crazy how much Facebreakers were buffed in 1.3. Spec into Block. Use counter attack gems. Who needs Melee Splash when you could just proliferate burn with your huge single target skill and aoe with counter attack skills?
Last edited by EmAitch on Dec 15, 2014, 11:01:21 PM
"
kolp wrote:

lol, clueless lol

"
Mannoth wrote:

Clueless lol.

The %more modifiers come on the end while passives in the tree are additive because they are increased.

But do go on spreading bad information how getting those nodes is bad.

Kargoth, the master of Facebreaker Thread says something different.
A day ago.

"
KorgothBG wrote:

@ RagnarokX

Unfortunately what Mammon says is not true because increased modifiers are additive and not multiplicative.
Last edited by RagnarokX on Dec 16, 2014, 5:30:27 AM
I don't see how the one quote contradicts the other.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Facebreakers %more is applied on the end as a multiplicative bonus, because it's a MORE multiplier.

Increased damage is always additive, where as more damage is always multiplicative.

Damage * (all increased added together) * more_multiplier_1 * more_multiplier_2 * ... more_multiplier_n = total_damage

Your passives and things like rustic sash will add together with each other, forming a final %increased damage value. Your base will be first multiplied by that value, and then by every other multiplier (melee phys damage, facebreakers).
Same goes for elemental (wed increase from gear is additive, WED gem multiplicative etc).

If the %more unarmed physical damage isn't working as a multiplier then it is a BUG.
A 100% increased phys or melee damage should change the facebreaker multiplier from 700% to 1400% basically.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 16, 2014, 9:07:24 AM
Last edited by blubbber on Dec 16, 2014, 9:15:51 AM
I did a respec of my FB char also, defensive stats are:

5.3k life
7.5k evasion rating (41% chance to dodge in stat screen, 82% versus projectiles)
40% chance to dodge
44% chance to dodge spells
38% chance to block
3.8% life regenerated per second

Melee splash IB is at 40k~.

Estimated chance to get hit by a melee attack:
22%

Estimated chance to get hit by a ranged attack:
6.7%

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 16, 2014, 9:42:47 AM
my FB is using IB primary with HoA + ele prolif and just added shield charge. It's a thing of beauty. Charge in ignites all nearby, then punches explode the whole screen.

It's good.

I swapped out my Lioneye's Remorse because it was corrupted to have + to vaal gems and now vaal gems don't proc with CwDT. So Im using a Chernobog's Pillar which likes to spread Enfeeble in addition to working well with IB and HoA. If I run into another non-corrupted Lioneye, I might switch back though.
Facebreaker is good for Herald of Ash because of the high damage per hit.
Spoiler
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Going to piggyback on this thread here. I'm gonna roll a dominating blow Marauder, and I want to know if Facebreaker is a good use of dominating blow? In a DB build should I be speccing for minions or is it not worth it?
"
Reicta wrote:
Going to piggyback on this thread here. I'm gonna roll a dominating blow Marauder, and I want to know if Facebreaker is a good use of dominating blow? In a DB build should I be speccing for minions or is it not worth it?

as far as I know, there are really only 3 ways to go with Facebreaker; IB, cyclone and DB

IB is better for pure DPS, Cyclone (which I have never tried with FB) apparently got nerfed in 1.3, and then DB, which is great for survivability and fun to play.
I wouldn't put anything into minions, put it into increased duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info