1.3 Facebreaker Build ?

"
DTD_Hiro wrote:
"
Reicta wrote:
Going to piggyback on this thread here. I'm gonna roll a dominating blow Marauder, and I want to know if Facebreaker is a good use of dominating blow? In a DB build should I be speccing for minions or is it not worth it?

as far as I know, there are really only 3 ways to go with Facebreaker; IB, cyclone and DB

IB is better for pure DPS, Cyclone (which I have never tried with FB) apparently got nerfed in 1.3, and then DB, which is great for survivability and fun to play.
I wouldn't put anything into minions, put it into increased duration.

Do not forget about little ole Frenzy. I actually got back more DPS in this patch, so Frenzy is back to how it was in pre-1.2 patch. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Thank you, I had forgotten about frenzy. I've never tried that with FB either.

I should give it a whirl...

:D
One more advantage of Dominating Blow: If you're in Standard with IIQ gems and legacy FBs, you don't actually need all that much DPS. I feel like I have "enough" DPS with just DB and Melee Physical (around 12k with Hatred). The rest of my sockets are Blood Magic, Melee Splash (also applies to minions), and, most importantly, IIR and IIQ gems.

If you want to make a clearspeed/magic find hybrid build, Dominating Blow FB is a really good setup.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
If you want a different approach that the lioneyes remorse way:

Items used

Currently having 81.3k DPS with IB, still 64.6k if i swap to a 4% Block Stone of Lazhwar.
Vengeance and Reckoning are on level 9/10 and have a current Damage of 29k (or 23k with the Stone).

#edit
Removed vengeance, it wasnt so much of a use, everything close dies anyway. Reckoning is now linked Meelee Phys, Fire Damage and Increase AoE to counter attacks from distance.
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Last edited by DerPizzadieb on Dec 17, 2014, 12:49:32 PM
Woot not a single post about cyclone fb.
Guess I will have to do it.

First of all cyclone did not get nerfed, they lowered it's rotation speed but increased dmg per hit so cyclone dmg is the same or near the same as before.
The other change is that you can't target monsters with the skill anymore which is a buff once you get mechanics down, no more trying to cyclone crosscreen when merveil, domi, piety tps away!

As for 1.3 changes, fb cyclone got the same boost. I instantly went from 55k to 70k dps just from passive respec and now with some tweaking and higher lvl gems I'm at 77k dps with 966% fb running hatred, hoa and vitality or PoE.
Gonna break 80k dps very shortly aswell as 6k hp (think we actually get more life nodes now but not certain).

The increase in dmg from tree and change to cyclone doing more dmg per hit our ele prolif hoa (I use inc burn dmg aswell)got even stronger and clear speed got buffed alot, the 25% inc dmg against monster under status ailment is a huge dps boost for all fb builds practically since hoa+prolif is used in all builds (except db?)

Tl;dr: Cyclone fb got a huge boost aswell.
1.3 patch facebreaker counter attack build
http://youtu.be/fN6FrdOK9Vs
passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecD7gSHBLMFLQY5DF8M9w3NFCAUTRXsGJEaPhv6HKcczh2-Ht8kiyXfK1AvzDGeMk4zhzXWOlI64TwtPQ89_ECgRQpHfkz_TeNPVlBHUWBTpVhjXhNfP2BLYVJi7GVNZ5to8nKpdO1343k5eu982X7ihNmE74ZgjM-PmZkrns2fy5_fogCkGaZXpzCplayvrj6vbLM_tiy2irc-uR28n702vYG-p768wGbAv8GCxPbGrsqQ2L3kUenV7w7vTu988B_yL_JF8wb0xvZI9zL7qvxL_gr-VA==

IGN Jinloman
08:00~24:00 UTC+8 TAIWAN R.O.C.
Mirror Service-thread/556020

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info