[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

Porb for the sake of mana, I should leave my Kinectic as lvl 1, since im doing elem, right?

and Would u suggest using elem weakness or Assasin's mark?
Last edited by kongyuyu on Feb 12, 2015, 2:23:47 PM
Yeah I'm using level 1 KB for elemental, rather save the mana than gain the small dps increase from inc phys.

I suggest assassins mark because I believe the crit bonus can push you over the 95% cap. I'm pretty sure it does, but if it doesn't, elemental weakness could be better simply comparing the -res to crit multi.
Last edited by pabrt on Feb 12, 2015, 8:19:24 PM
im doin witch heres current tree at 49. using this instead of thief ring

as long as u dont get stunned cant die with 1200 life in cruel.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4GIw5IEQ8RUBGWFLAWvxslH0EmlSoLLR81uTpYPV9LrkwtTLNQMFJTVUtVxlm8XGtd8mHiY0NtGXBScNV0VX_Ggh6ESIhCidOMNpeVl_SaYacrrJi1SMHFw23FKNlb217fiukC8-r2W_fX
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Feb 13, 2015, 11:35:41 PM
Poacher's Mark works very well with this build and is certainly a good choice of curse for more life/mana.

However I feel it is unwise to rely on it without using Thief's Torment for long. Primarily this is because curse immune enemies will be extremely problematic/impossible, but also because the values on Poacher's mark are way lower than Thief's Torment.

Luckily Thief's Torment should be affordable by almost any player & it is very good in this build :)

I think you should rework the witch area to be like this:

Mostly took out ES nodes which I feel are unnecessary, since you can't refill ES with Life Gain on Hit.

Additionally I think Scion is definitely optimal for this build. I'm not sure if it's worth rerolling for, but if you have a spare one with a respec then I think it's worth switching.
Last edited by pabrt on Feb 14, 2015, 6:30:30 AM
I'm trying to understand what would be a good elemental weapon for this build. Would this work?

Hey everybody!

Unfortunately, in the grand search for making a Piscator's or Elemental Wand work well with this build, I'm afraid I've had some difficulty in looking for a proper skill tree. Basically; there's a few things to compromise in order to boost up Ele Damage, and this is currently what I have planned:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyiDCR2q4YhGccDjS1fxs2-edweHE5ykGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6ykp_xhzckye0DElR8NWVLgceEZZd8g5IcFKJ03DVUEKiLmHiVUuMNiaVWbz2W8UoLR-VIMHzoqO-7slEx8qaYRSwgh7OcAmgbOc_c3NwwnOfiLl8jAvssDY944RsjJ2qwuy0xWKsQzZ59ipbUuxodNpilKDYTfnoxp4Qfwx9gsfYvf4Ktz5Bhzwtxq5o8q9sTP-iAPAf4XPtIHflV-KCmw==

This definitely wouldn't be perfect, and we are not able to pick up Acrobatics due to lack of free skill points. We're still able to pick up Increased Duration nodes, at higher levels, I'm just looking for a bit of insight into how we could optimize this (or perhaps rebuild entirely).
"
ToplessWonder wrote:
I'm trying to understand what would be a good elemental weapon for this build. Would this work?

On that wand the relevant rolls for ele are Weapon Elemental and Crit Chance. In other words, though this wand will work to some extent, it will function as subpar blue wand in terms of stats.

You would ideally have local elemental damage rolls on there, as well as attack speed. You would also ideally prefer a higher crit roll. The wand I'm using in the OP under the Gear section is an example.

I suggest using poe.trade and searching for wands by: elemental DPS and crit chance

"
Parasan wrote:
Hey everybody!

Unfortunately, in the grand search for making a Piscator's or Elemental Wand work well with this build, I'm afraid I've had some difficulty in looking for a proper skill tree. Basically; there's a few things to compromise in order to boost up Ele Damage, and this is currently what I have planned:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyiDCR2q4YhGccDjS1fxs2-edweHE5ykGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6ykp_xhzckye0DElR8NWVLgceEZZd8g5IcFKJ03DVUEKiLmHiVUuMNiaVWbz2W8UoLR-VIMHzoqO-7slEx8qaYRSwgh7OcAmgbOc_c3NwwnOfiLl8jAvssDY944RsjJ2qwuy0xWKsQzZ59ipbUuxodNpilKDYTfnoxp4Qfwx9gsfYvf4Ktz5Bhzwtxq5o8q9sTP-iAPAf4XPtIHflV-KCmw==

This definitely wouldn't be perfect, and we are not able to pick up Acrobatics due to lack of free skill points. We're still able to pick up Increased Duration nodes, at higher levels, I'm just looking for a bit of insight into how we could optimize this (or perhaps rebuild entirely).

I definitely don't suggest going into the templar area the way you have, as it costs a lot of points to get there and you're ignoring a lot of great nodes near there anyway (precision cluster, devotion cluster, celestial cluster).

The skill build I have in the OP definitely works for a rare elemental wand. I have not tried Piscator's in depth yet, but my general understanding is that it would not be optimal for this build because we don't have the points to efficiently support the aura nodes. I could be wrong, and I might test with a Piscator's to see if it works ok with my current setup.

Finally I think you are overvaluing pure damage nodes at the cost of other important nodes. You skipped flask cluster, 2x power charges, crit nodes, acrobatics, attack speed notable, skill duration (for now), and general life nodes.

Crit/attack speed/skill duration all give you DPS, with other extremely important benefits, so you should look at them as usually better than damage nodes.

Flask cluster/acrobatics provide huge amounts of mitigation vs. the small number of points it takes to grab them.

If you have more info about your setup like gear etc. then I could give more advice.

New Video showing current ele setup
77 Shrine:
double boss, vulnerability, exiles, endurance charges, desecrated, undead
http://youtu.be/fUMAVxCh86Y
Last edited by pabrt on Feb 17, 2015, 6:57:10 AM
Up until now I've been following your build as far as stats go, with a Level 66 Scion, apart from taking 20% reduced mana from the Leadership cluster and Charisma cluster, this was more of an idea on what might be able to happen once I get some more skill points.

I guess the main issue for me is that with a Piscator's, I've been finding a lot of the bonus elemental damage helps out (on a different character I've tested w/my same gear setup and passives I linked), I'm unsure as how I could set things up differently using an elemental variant. Definitely still planning to follow along with your build setup on this character, see how it goes once I grind up a little more.
My gear is as follows, I know the belt and amulet could probably be improved, but otherwise I should be able to get 19 Anger/Wrath soon.

Spoiler
What's your life total looking like with alphas and maligaros?
"
pabrt wrote:
I suggest assassins mark because I believe the crit bonus can push you over the 95% cap. I'm pretty sure it does, but if it doesn't, elemental weakness could be better simply comparing the -res to crit multi.

I believe that it does push your crit beyond 95%, but a very small amount.

assume you have 95% + 9% from Assassin.
which actually give you about 95.45% crit chance for all the cursed targets.
not a big difference. 39% of crit dmg is nice though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info