Blink Arrow

Can anyone here explain the chance to hit your minions from Blink arrow or Mirror arrow will have?
Thanks
Noticed today a small problem this gem and mirror arrow has in pvp.
With 2.0 you can see the names of other players on your minimap, also in pvp what is ok so far.

But when someone uses Blink or Mirror arrow there are two marks on the map but only one got a name tag, this way you can easily see who is the player and what is the decoy. It maybe harder to guess on high level duells because of all the other effects like traps, more and faster projectiles and so on. But on the slower and less chaotic low level duells you can easily guess the right target.
Running two bow characters this league. One is a Voltaxic/CI shadow at 85, one is a Quill Rain Spark/Vaal Spark. Both use blink arrow as movement. I like the interaction between blink arrow and projectile/speed attack speed (the Quill Rain spark is noticeably faster). But blink arrow's downside (the cooldown) is tough to manage. I'd like to know if it's possible to have LESS duration affect it (not reduced, as it is my understanding reduced duration was changed to alter the interaction with lightning warp).

I agree with the assertion that the cooldown should not be removed, but I feel like blink arrow deserves the ability to invest into it to increase its "intended" utility - preferably in a way that prevents abuse. Lighting warp runs a 3L, Whirling Blades/Leap slam a 2L, Flame dash a 1-3L (good on its own). Blink arrow is likely going to be too difficult to use reliably in the labyrinth, and that worries me heavily. I'd hate to see Evasion fall out of the meta.
I would like to point out that Blink Arrow (as well as other skills that require line of sight or what-have-you, ex Blast Rain) aren't really reliable when obstacles are encountered.

In my following examples, the Green zones allow for Blink Arrow / Blast Rain. The Red zones do not.

Inconsistency. It should either work or not at all colored zones

Here it looks like it's ok...except from the small northern green zone

but move 1m to the side and you get this

For blast rain it's palatable but for blink arrow, an "escape" skill, it *needs* to be reliable.

I will also post this in the Blast Rain feedback.

Thanks for reading this.
Last edited by Kill_Loot_Repeat on Jan 17, 2016, 8:23:07 PM
What causes me to walk forward then backwards when my mouse doesnt move?? Is this a bug?
It would be nice to give Wand users access to this spell. Since all the good movement spells are "Melee" and this is the only good "Ranged" movement spell.
livejamie
This doesn't seem to clear the actions of enemies attacking you. So they often run straight at the real you before occasionally deciding to maybe attack the clone.
"
livejamie wrote:
It would be nice to give Wand users access to this spell. Since all the good movement spells are "Melee" and this is the only good "Ranged" movement spell.
+1. I'm having great fun with a Cluster Trap Blink build and would love to try it with wands too.

Heck, maybe add a spell gem that summons a melee clone like Word of Reflection does.
Haven't played in some time, usually only play Blink/Mirror Arrow Trap builds.

Cluster and Multi-Trap no longer work with Blink/Mirror Arrow and I have found nothing when searching to explain or acknowledge that this was a design decision.

The Support Gem tooltip shows that Blink/Mirror Arrow are paired with the Trap Support gem, and it shows a Green Arrow confirming that the gems should work together.

Thank you, personally my favorite build.

edit:

From what I see, Traps have been reworked to no longer que multiple uses. Previously this function was able to override the CD of Blink/Mirror Arrow, until the 3 casting triggers were used up, but no longer does because of the way traps are counted when being placed in the scene.

There is a small niche for this build but I enjoy playing it!

Last edited by Aseryen on Jan 6, 2019, 7:09:48 PM
Was there an undocumented change to Blink Arrow in 3.5.2?
It seems like it doesn't namelock anymore. Previously I would namelock a target with barrage and press blink arrow to get closer to the target after it got knocked back a certain distance and it would teleport me right on top of the target. Now it teleports me to wherever the cursor is.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info