Blink Arrow

One hit point? That's wrong, where are you getting your info? Mine are at lvl 16 with no minion bonuses from gear, supports, or passives, and have 2.6k life.

Anyway, my question is how much of your damage they do? I presume that as a copy of you, they deal the damage you would deal with a regular attack if you took all gear off besides bow + quiver, but do they get passive bonuses to bow damage for example? I presume they get minion bonuses as standard.

And the fact that they look identical to you is, I presume, just a pvp distraction thing, they don't get bonuses based on your armor?

Clarifications regarding that stuff would be nice, thanks for these interesting new skills tho btw.
"
Thanks for the link and his build only further proves my point. The build is completely built around using trap to remove the retarded cool down.

Traps also have a cool down. The skill would be completely retarded if there is no cool down. There has to be a cool down, but how long, that is up to debate.
General skill info based on testing:

Minions are not affected by any passives the player possesses, only minion damage and related skill gems that would increase similar damage forms (IE if your bow/quiver has lotsa physical, attack physical projectile damage gem is useful).

Minions are not affected by self buffs such as heralds, but are affected by damage auras as normal minions are. (Yes they are clones, no they are not you as it only uses bow and quiver and no other base)

Minions life is listed on the gem. Low level gems obviously are weaker than high level gems.

Minions currently have multiple attack speed bugs:
- no flesh offering buff
- no attack speed gem buff
- no haste aura buff
- quillrain bow has an interval in its attack animation so its not firing at correct attack speed

Minion damage added by gem itself is not multiplied by the 75% more damage modifier on the gem for obvious reasons.

While the gem itself lacks a few finer points, it can deal massive damage from ranged unlike most minions when matched with appropriate additions.

General gem improvements that would be nice:
- 1.5 cooldown instead of 3 (or a decreasing cooldown of 0.1 per gem level reaching 1.1 at gem 20)
- Duration increase of 0.16 per gem level to reach 6.04 double duration time at gem 20

Recommendation if you want to give minion damage:
- Minion damage nodes
- Auras with flat added (not hatred)
- Gems with flat added, added chaos damage shines here (not added fire)
- heavy elemental or lots of added damage bow/quiver, minion damage increases all
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Last edited by Raghin on Dec 24, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
"
Minion damage added by gem itself is not multiplied by the 75% more damage modifier on the gem for obvious reasons.

What do you mean by this? Minion damage(gem) would be added with all other increase damage bonuses, like Minion damage(tree). Then, 75% more multiplier will apply to it.

"
General gem improvements that would be nice:
- 1.5 cooldown instead of 3 (or a decreasing cooldown of 0.1 per gem level reaching 1.1 at gem 20)
- Duration increase of 0.16 per gem level to reach 6.04 double duration time at gem 20

I would disagree with any duration increase. It provides too much power to make it last any longer.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"

What do you mean by this? Minion damage(gem) would be added with all other increase damage bonuses, like Minion damage(tree). Then, 75% more multiplier will apply to it.

I was referring to the 6% damage increase per level of the GEM (blink/mirror). However i now come to double check my numbers and i cannot actually verify this as i just realized my minion damage is actually added up correctly but not shown as modified by 75% so i have no idea whether the damage is being modified properly or not.

They still haven't fixed the display for gem yet to show all proper information (being modified by 75% more damage for instance). The damage displayed in your bar with the bow for the minion is your basic attack damage (modified by whatever), not the minions. Until this display is fixed its irritating to calculate what the minions actual damage is (do all the math manually) and if its even correct.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Last edited by Raghin on Dec 24, 2014, 6:20:55 PM
These minions are absolutely getting stats from equipment other than your bow and quiver.
Mine have been spawning with ES without discipline and have had tooltips saying very clearly that the minions would have things like Life Gain on Hit which I only had on my gloves at that given moment in time.

Also I just died to desync in an open field to frost bearers and I need to complain.

An Edit, moaning about the cooldown is a bit moot. Being able to make a personal army with just the gem would be too far and moving around without a cooldown on this skill would be borderline D2 teleporting. The fact that a movement trick can be used to build a working trap summoner is great and, after clearing up some weirdness with the clones equipment, I think it should remain as is.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Jan 2, 2015, 8:24:28 AM
They don't get any stats from equipment other than your bow and quiver. These minions are the copies of you, and their ES without Discipline is just a visual effect.

This skill is really confusing btw. You can use Righteous Fire and summon the clone. It'll have RF aura effect but won't burn and won't do any AOE damage. You can summon the minion with shrine's buff, curse's debuff, flask's effect, frenzy or power charges etc., but it is just visual effect, exact copy of a player. I was hoping that those minions get player's buffs and debuffs but no, they don't.

On the other hand, for some strange reason they can't copy visual effect of Molten Shell.

Also, if they use my bow, why do they have their own attack speed? Using Quill Rain doesn't make them to attack any faster.
Last edited by Semarogin on Jan 3, 2015, 2:09:38 AM
That is kind of weird then. Because when you use Mirror Arrow, you can see that they appear with no ES, then, the ES recharges.
Why not have reduced duration reduce the cooldown aswell as the clone duration?
I did some testing on the ES for the clones. It does get whatever ES you have. I happen put on all ES gear to give them a large chuck of ES and you could see the hits taking away from their ES. Also if you have no ES at the time when you spawn them they also spawn with no ES.

also

+

makes clones insane.
IGN: LiveD_LivE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info