Static Strike is Broken - 1.3 Templar 2h Mace build

seems very cool to me except 2 things:

1) A reflect aura can OS you if you play too agressively wich happens when you farm fast for a long period of time. (flask or not, flask just halves the dmgs if at 80% res wich is already something nice, if you deal tremendous damages on 40 mobs, you'll die very likely)

2) You need to hit something melee and wait for the AoE. I'll try your build, but I'm unsure of it beeing able to levelup safely at a point. Just too much rng shit can happend to you. Resists are not stellar, you're melee and there are delays.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 15, 2014, 8:08:55 PM
"
Blindfold wrote:
This was one right click, i couldn't capture anything better cause it kept blowing up the screen and causing a delay in screen capture

Amazing. What was CoMK linked to in this shot?
Freezing Pulse and Arctic Breath

& Yeah reflect is a bitch but I haven't had problems since I realized you can 1 shot yourself from it, if you want to play it safe run multistrike to lower the damage and take off phys to lite to lower it further.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
"
galuf wrote:
seems very cool to me except 2 things:

1) A reflect aura can OS you if you play too agressively wich happens when you farm fast for a long period of time. (flask or not, flask just halves the dmgs if at 80% res wich is already something nice, if you deal tremendous damages on 40 mobs, you'll die very likely)

2) You need to hit something melee and wait for the AoE. I'll try your build, but I'm unsure of it beeing able to levelup safely at a point. Just too much rng shit can happend to you. Resists are not stellar, you're melee and there are delays.

Reflect is definitely dangerous, you just have to pay attention.

Leveling up with it is fine as long as you have the damage to one shot most things. Vengeance is also amazing with this type of build. Huge damage since you are going for a slow big damage slow 2 hander. Marohi Erqi and this build were made for each other. Sure it is slow as hell, but you only need one hit. And it already has Lvl 15 aoe. I am level 65 right now with an elemental version of this build. I am still using geofri's baptism...I do 3.3k-5k per hit. That will go up to 10k-15k per hit with Marohi Erqi. Herald of Ash is also amazing with this build because you do huge overkill damage and it goes off for everything that dies from the explosion.

Right now I am running HoA, HoT, and Hatred. I have vengeance (which typically one shots everything around me when it procs) linked with cast on melee kill and shock nova. I have a CoDT setup with the usual and molten strike. Pretty much I run around and a shitstorm explosion happens all over the place. I love it. It's probably terrible one a low end PC.

All that said, this build is good for clearing mobs. It isn't the best for boss runs. It isn't going to be your atziri killer. It's a fun build for blowing things up.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Dec 16, 2014, 1:05:47 AM
Anything that says MORE is multiplicative. Anything that says increase is additive.
Conc effect is 60% more, then the multiplier is 100%+60%=160%
Static waves have 70% base dmg of your static strike hit dmg.
So 70%*160%=112%. It's really basic game mechanic.

Don't use Abyssus if you are RT plz. Now in 1.3 90% percent of the items value is the crit multi. And more over with two hander's low attck speed the 40-60 phys doesn't do much.
Put a light Pen gem, dont use added fire.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 16, 2014, 3:59:30 AM
So without going into the terminology of "broken" which I believe is just marketing...

I tried this out on a new char last night, using predominantly trash gear. At lv 27 (start of act 3) I have over 1.4k dps (without hatred) and a 4L with non optimum gems due to being under 31.

Overall the build feels really strong, once you get into a mentality of hit-move-repeat which is quite different to a lot of other builds.

I also rushed resolute technique because I was finding missing was greatly affecting my efficiency and you don't need the hp right away, after that I am starting to pick up hp and armour nodes.

Looking forward to seeing how it performs at high level, and 1 hitting myself on a reflect pack!
So I just started using this skill on my Lightning Strike Templar (instead of Lightning Strike) and... wtf, this skill is amazingly good?

I have questions:

1) The spell stores damage you deal in melee and explodes it every 0.75sec? have I understood it correctly? So if I attack 3 times for 10 damage, it will explode for 30 damage (reduced by 30%)?

2) Multistrike will 'store' attacks 3x faster, resulting in much bigger 'explosions'?

3) All damage delivered by an attack is stored for explosion? E.g. if I deal 10 phys 10 lightning 10 fire, will 30 damage be stored? Does it include all damage dealt, e.g. bonus damage from Hatred?

4) How do we boost the damage from the explosion? Does '+% spell damage' boost it?

But damn... my Lightning Strike damage/effectiveness (on more than one target anyway) just got blown out of the water by this skill.
Last edited by Yosharian on Dec 16, 2014, 1:25:12 PM
Really nice build, i was looking for some static strike build to have a fresh start on Torment, so i did this.

im lvl 60 with this

What weapon do u think should be my next? This one is 314pdps

im using different links because i dont feel going BM with 2k hp yet...

6L on tabula > Static - WED - Physical to Light - Melee Physical - Faster attack - Blood Magic

Running 3 buffs > HoA+Ele Prolif - HoT - Hatred (10 mana left)

Tooltip Dps > 13.151,4

thanks for the build and keep up! ^^
"
exodus820 wrote:
Anything that says MORE is multiplicative. Anything that says increase is additive.
Conc effect is 60% more, then the multiplier is 100%+60%=160%
Static waves have 70% base dmg of your static strike hit dmg.
So 70%*160%=112%. It's really basic game mechanic.

Don't use Abyssus if you are RT plz. Now in 1.3 90% percent of the items value is the crit multi. And more over with two hander's low attck speed the 40-60 phys doesn't do much.
Put a light Pen gem, dont use added fire.

Light pen is still debatable until we find out if the explosion is purely one element or if it is a multi damage effect. But you're right about abyssus, I'm running around with it right now purely for fun.

"
Yosharian wrote:
So I just started using this skill on my Lightning Strike Templar (instead of Lightning Strike) and... wtf, this skill is amazingly good?

I have questions:

1) The spell stores damage you deal in melee and explodes it every 0.75sec? have I understood it correctly? So if I attack 3 times for 10 damage, it will explode for 30 damage (reduced by 30%)?

2) Multistrike will 'store' attacks 3x faster, resulting in much bigger 'explosions'?

3) All damage delivered by an attack is stored for explosion? E.g. if I deal 10 phys 10 lightning 10 fire, will 30 damage be stored? Does it include all damage dealt, e.g. bonus damage from Hatred?

4) How do we boost the damage from the explosion? Does '+% spell damage' boost it?

But damn... my Lightning Strike damage/effectiveness (on more than one target anyway) just got blown out of the water by this skill.

1) Each explosion is base off of one attack, multistrike is 3 attacks so it is 3 different explosions. Each stack expires and explodes 0.75 seconds after the initial hit that gave the stack.

2) The explosion doesn't increase or decrease based on the stacks, the stacking buff is only there to tell you how many explosions are qued.

3) From testing this is how it works, confirmation is still needed from GGG.

4) It's boosted by all the damage you deal in the hit & no spell damage does not effect it.

"
mayanrm wrote:
Really nice build, i was looking for some static strike build to have a fresh start on Torment, so i did this.

im lvl 60 with this

What weapon do u think should be my next? This one is 314pdps

im using different links because i dont feel going BM with 2k hp yet...

6L on tabula > Static - WED - Physical to Light - Melee Physical - Faster attack - Blood Magic

Running 3 buffs > HoA+Ele Prolif - HoT - Hatred (10 mana left)

Tooltip Dps > 13.151,4

thanks for the build and keep up! ^^

That weapon is really nice, try alching colossus mallets and karui mauls if you find the need to attain more overall damage. CMallets are nice for the attack speed and good base damage and Karui for the high ass base damage scaling but is excruciatingly slow lol.

Your tabula setup is done nicely, as with all builds you should modify it to your liking. Keep up the good work and keep me informed how it's working out.

I'll be making a video (soon'TM')
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 16, 2014, 3:13:06 PM
"
Blindfold wrote:

1) Each explosion is base off of one attack, multistrike is 3 attacks so it is 3 different explosions. Each stack expires and explodes 0.75 seconds after the initial hit that gave the stack.

2) The explosion doesn't increase or decrease based on the stacks, the stacking buff is only there to tell you how many explosions are qued.

Ohhh I see. So it's like an 'echo' of your attack basically. Does it 'echo' every single attack you make? E.g. if I attack 5 times extremely quickly, there will be 5 explosions guaranteed?

Sorry for another question but why use a 2hander, isn't it just as effective to use a fast attacking smaller weapon as it is to use a slow attacking bigger weapon?

THanks for your response!
Last edited by Yosharian on Dec 16, 2014, 3:37:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info