Static Strike is Broken - 1.3 Templar 2h Mace build

"
sighlight wrote:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAAecEswUtDF8OPBRNFHEYkRm0GekbyBynITQhVSW8JyAn1SmlLPs0jjpSOuE7OzwFPC1BP0MxR35KmEz_TipR5lOlXhNgS2CRYMRhUmVNaPJqk2vZcql07Xasd1N82YIHhNmE74Y7hmCKIouMlFyexZ_fogCvbLQvtkG3PryfvTa-p8BmxPbGrsxmz37Yvdl837_kreoY707vfPAf8kX3Mvjr-d38S_4Keu-mV_6PNZJN4xjXkFUnL-w4gpuaOxo48kHKkOlGivA=

less armor but more health. what do you guys think? 187% health!

206% armor, 158% life, 8.5% life regen (my setup)

147% armor, 187% life, 5.39% life regen (your setup)

You lost a lot to gain 29% life
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
Wait you have a 640 pdps 6L mace and are wearing abyssus and you are dealing good damage?

For real now, the gem is really strong but saying it's broken while wearing such gear is senseless because anything is strong in such setup.

It will probably get nerfed but it has about the same dps (at least in versus a single target) as molten strike just easier to get it rolling and clears faster.

However the nerf would have to be pretty big for it not to be cool to use.
Nice gear and decent build but pretty much anything stuck in that mace is going to do damage.

We still don't know if melee phys affects the explosion do we?
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 14, 2014, 2:27:46 PM
I wouldn't say it is broken, especially compared to any good ranged skill. It is just a good reliable skill. The Melee physical gem has a more stat which is huge. Going elemental you pretty much have to go phys to lighting or you are losing damage on elemental passive nodes.

Melee phys effects the base attack damage which in turn effects the explosion from what I can tell.

But yeah, I think any 2 hand melee skill should do more damage than any spell. Risk reward

Edit: Seems the more physical stat occurs after the conversion to elemental so perhaps ele is better at least pure damage numbers wise.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Dec 14, 2014, 5:20:12 PM
Well, it's not broken, but it's really powerful, I respecced my reeped (dat nerf hammer) Molten Strike build into it and it's really really good. Many bosses who were a pain before now are usually down before they can do any harm. You can check my build here (I'll delete the link if the OP doesn't want it here).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/912579/
Can this be done with Marauder?
"
Mannoth wrote:

Wait you have a 640 pdps 6L mace and are wearing abyssus and you are dealing good damage?
For real now, the gem is really strong but saying it's broken while wearing such gear is senseless because anything is strong in such setup.

what he said is right.
original poster is wearing hundreds of exalts of gear and saying the gem is OP. cast on crit is OP when you have all mirrored gear. legacy crown of eyes is OP.

it's certainly a good gem, i re-specced a level 70 marauder into all lightning and 2h axe nodes and it's working really well.
i'm also running herald of thunder, vengeance and cwdt/molten shell, self cast IC & vaal molten shell.
the reactive damage i'm kicking out is pretty nice. I dont have super GG gear either.

The thing to remember is that they're trying to buff melee and this is the sort of skills that are needed.
Last edited by monosama on Dec 15, 2014, 3:46:47 AM
The build doesn't require top of the line gear, find the highest phys damage 2h wep you can; attack speed doesn't matter. Static Strike + Phys to Lite + Weapon Elemental + Melee Phys 4L / Increased AoE 5L / Added Fire or LGOH 6L

"
neurotech wrote:
Can this be done with Marauder?

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAAecEswUtDF8OPBQgFE0UcRiRGbQZ6Ro-G8gcpyE0IVUlvCcgJ9UpLimlLPs0jjpSOuE7OzwFPC1BP0MxR35KmEz_TipQR1HmU6VXDV4TXz9gS2CRYMRhUmVNaPJqk2vZcql07Xasd1N8uHzZggeE2YTvhjuGYIoii4yMz5HOlFyexZ_fogCvbLQvtkG3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwGbEWMT2xq7MZs9-2L3ZfN-_5FHkreoY7w7vTu988B_xrPIv8kX2SPcy-Ov53fxL_go9_MbYWGM=

"
Mannoth wrote:

We still don't know if melee phys affects the explosion do we?

If you put my mace to a 1.00 attack speed the dps is 431, it's all about that base phys

99% sure the explosions is based off the damage you dealt in the hit that gave you the stack, 1% unsure

"
monosama wrote:

what he said is right.
original poster is wearing hundreds of exalts of gear and saying the gem is OP. cast on crit is OP when you have all mirrored gear. legacy crown of eyes is OP.

An attack that does 180% base damage is OP, 110% single target 70% AoE. It scales far better than any other melee skill. Only thing missing is information about the secondary effect being able to crit, if it can crit I'll be making a new fotm build.
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 15, 2014, 1:31:42 PM
"

Static Strike + Concentrated Effect: Needs more testing but the AoE effect on Static Strike says Less, conc effect says 60% More, I'm assuming conc effect makes the AoE do 130% damage instead of 70%. (Needs confirmation!)

1.10 [skill effective] * 0.7 [less boom effective] * 1.69 [level 20 Conc Effect] = 1.3013 explosion effective

So, good estimation.

My question is does the explosion trigger CoMK? It is of course a gimmick type of use, but the qual inc radius would affect other gems linked, even those linked through CoMK. So a Shock Nova could conceivably be bad, instead of horrible.
"
Seicar wrote:
"

Static Strike + Concentrated Effect: Needs more testing but the AoE effect on Static Strike says Less, conc effect says 60% More, I'm assuming conc effect makes the AoE do 130% damage instead of 70%. (Needs confirmation!)

1.10 [skill effective] * 0.7 [less boom effective] * 1.69 [level 20 Conc Effect] = 1.3013 explosion effective

So, good estimation.

My question is does the explosion trigger CoMK? It is of course a gimmick type of use, but the qual inc radius would affect other gems linked, even those linked through CoMK. So a Shock Nova could conceivably be bad, instead of horrible.

I'll test brb

So uh, it procs on the first kill by your main attack and then procs once per kill on the secondary effect. Probably the coolest thing i've soon in awhile lol.
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 15, 2014, 7:32:45 PM
This was one right click, i couldn't capture anything better cause it kept blowing up the screen and causing a delay in screen capture

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info