[1.3][WIP] Kinetic Blast + AA + EB + Vaal Pact - Leveling Progression + Crafting + Videos

"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
I've been following this topic for a few days; not sure if you covered it and I'm forgetting, or if it wasn't covered. Does Weapon Elemental Damage yield higher damage than Physical Projectile Damage? Or is it an issue of socket coloring that you're using WED, or is it helping with physical reflect. Only curious, starting to craft my gear and was curious about the proper colors I'll be needing :)

Well since you're using 3 elemental damage based aura's (HoT, HoA, Hatred), WED adds a lot of damage. Also later on you get a damage node which gives extra physical to lightning damage, which gets further enhanced by WED. Don't know the exact numbers though.

I can see that point, and understand that. I suppose my confusion is because a lot of the elemental damage that's dealt is derived from the physical damage. I guess I'm confused as to whether it would be better to deal more physical damage to then scale the elemental (PPD). Or is it still better to only scaled the elemental portion( WED).
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
Does Weapon Elemental Damage yield higher damage than Physical Projectile Damage?

At the moment yes it does, but phys proj once you get Vaal Pact will yield higher life leech and mana leech, eventually in 6L you will use both, best 5L for leech would be:

KB + PPAD + FA + Crit/Conc + LMP/GMP

It is mainly colours at the moment, saving chroms for other pieces of gear but here is a comparison:

Unbuffed DPS with PPAD = 6.2k

Unbuffed DPS with WeD = 7.1k

I will do another full update once I hit level 81 and get Vaal Pact, I have an appointment today but it should be up in about 3+ hours. I managed to set up my CwDT, note you can use Arctic Breath or Frost Wall instead of Increased Duration in the setup (I like the 4s+ though, low level Inc. Dura.). Oh I also Alch'd this 4L and it can add life too - GG!

IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 18, 2014, 11:32:02 PM
What are your thoughts on cod?
"
asbo96 wrote:
What are your thoughts on cod?

Drop one DPS aura, get a bit more mana on the tree and if you manage to have 600+ mana unreserved with 200+ mana regen it would be fine defensively, I don't like going out of mana from big hits though.

Aww dam it Mathil, now I have to do a build comparison...

Pros: Free Leech no support gem (7.2%+ instant with Vaal Pact + BR - his will have max 3.52% with level 20 LL gem - but it is all damage, not just physical), Arctic Armour. Herald of Ash overkill burn. High Freeze / Shatter rate.

Cons: No Pierce - may have to look into that - it looks so good. Possibly cheaper, more damage early. He's only using a 4L - but with 5-6L needing life leech it may work out the same! More expensive.

Similarities: Similar life, although he has %life from Belly of the Beast, if I put on Rat Cage at level 80 I have 4.2k life. All the rest looks the same - I think he got Ondar's? Won't need that with Vaal Pact. Frost Wall works in both.

Can't compare DPS yet, he got to level 84 so fast, I still have til level 86 to pick up all the DPS nodes I think.

By all means his build at the moment is arguably better, but I started this from day one, didn't know any of the mechanics of KB and so it has a few inefficiencies, yet I still enjoy it - may have to path through a frenzy charge to get Pierce.
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 19, 2014, 12:59:56 AM
I am curious your thoughts on Physical vs. Elemental KB. I have been watching Mathil's stream, and he is using Elemental. He said his main justification was that it is easier to gear for elemental. I guess I was wondering what route you would take if you could start again, and, is it possible to have a "hybrid" KB character?
"
Archetype90 wrote:
I am curious your thoughts on Physical vs. Elemental KB. I have been watching Mathil's stream, and he is using Elemental. He said his main justification was that it is easier to gear for elemental. I guess I was wondering what route you would take if you could start again, and, is it possible to have a "hybrid" KB character?

I'm seeing elemental as being far cheaper and far more simple to gear at the moment, the good thing is that the trees are almost identical except for like 10+ points, so wont take much to respec.

It also has much better early game damage because all you need is high level auras and a 10% crit wand with 1.5 aps, no physical damage roll. I'm going to continue my way, struggle through it, but if I could start again it would probably be the same, except getting Pierce. I don't even need Vaal Pact yet unless against double reflect or vulnerability, so I might take it off for more damage.

I will try and get to Pierce some how, not sure what to drop though. It's getting a bit harder now, I am testing Vaal Pact and it seems like my 310-580 Physical Damage with crits is only leeching enough when attacking packs of mobs, I am going to need to put Life Leech gem onto my single target.

Blood Rage without any chaos resistance gear is a gamble, I cleared a level 70 Gorge from Zana with devourers and +90% fire damage and managed to survive, but BR was making it scary, only thing keeping me alive was the odd pack leech to full life, CwDT + IC + EC and instant health pot spamming.

The reason I like the build the way it is, is because I have been playing this game for almost 3 years and know that pure elemental is better, but I prefer to challenge myself to come up with something else. If it ends up going full BR with VP it's going to get expensive, so I would recommend unless others enjoy a challenge maybe go Mathil's - I wouldn't like dropping Arctic Armour though, but Ondar's makes up for that.

Anyway I have to go out, will keep tweaking and testing and give more feedback later.
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 19, 2014, 12:54:06 AM
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
Archetype90 wrote:

I'm seeing elemental as being far cheaper and far more simple to gear at the moment, the good thing is that the trees are almost identical except for like 10+ points, so wont take much to respec.

It also has much better early game damage because all you need is high level auras and a 10% crit wand with 1.5 aps, no physical damage roll. I'm going to continue my way, struggle through it, but if I could start again it would probably be the same, except getting Pierce. I don't even need Vaal Pact yet unless against double reflect or vulnerability, so I might take it off for more damage.

I will try and get to Pierce some how, not sure what to drop though. It's getting a bit harder now, I am testing Vaal Pact and it seems like my 310-580 Physical Damage with crits is only leeching enough when attacking packs of mobs, I am going to need to put Life Leech gem onto my single target.

Blood Rage without any chaos resistance gear is a gamble, I cleared a level 70 Gorge from Zana with devourers and +90% fire damage and managed to survive, but BR was making it scary, only thing keeping me alive was the odd pack leech to full life, CwDT + IC + EC and instant health pot spamming.

The reason I like the build the way it is, is because I have been playing this game for almost 3 years and know that pure elemental is better, but I prefer to challenge myself to come up with something else. If it ends up going full BR with VP it's going to get expensive, so I would recommend unless others enjoy a challenge maybe go Mathil's - I wouldn't like dropping Arctic Armour though, but Ondar's makes up for that.

Anyway I have to go out, will keep tweaking and testing and give more feedback later.

Thank you so much for the really well thought out, in depth reply! That was fantastic!
Im going to be making a bloodline char soon and would like to use kinetic blast. I dont know what to do in terms of defences. Mom+Eb, Evasion, life and armour. Since i havent used kinetic blast i would like to know what you think would be the best type of defence for bloodlines.

Im not that good at coming up with builds and trees so i was hoping you could help me come up with a tree for bloodlines. I would prefer to use mom and eb since ive used it before and know its pretty tanky. In terms of items i was thinking running alphas,cloak, and maybe a piscators but idk about that. For auras i was thinking about hol,hof,discipline and clarity. I would use AA as well.

im kind of stuck here so i would really appreciate your input on a build and the gear. Thanks :D
For Elemental vs Physical this is how I see it.

Elemental is cheaper and easier to gear up. It also requires a few less passive points. It scales very well with garbage gear as it relies on auras. However it lacks a lot of the benefits of Physical such as life/mana leech without gems, physical not being mitigated nearly as much, and requires EB.

I see Physical as a late-game slow transition from Elemental. The trees are only 15ish points different to switch completely. My current plan is to start as Elemental, start saving up and buy a good Physical wand (same as Ele wand + Physical rolls honestly). From there I can start shifting more towards running Hatred/Ash/Thunder, pick up Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics, and depending on what reflect is like respec towards taking VP.

IGN: Dmillz
thoughts on grabbing elemental equilibrium?

we're doing so much mixed dmg across the board wouldnt that boost your non sheet dps a bunch?

also looking like this would be the ideal 120 point build right?

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNhFfLQ4-_WXl-UZy70HY4w2YeJVSyaVFr8fQQMetUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ0w5I44Q2PWyMnaq5fIwL7LARlklR8NWVLgcef8bBxYIeiELbC5phFLD255-Ic3DCcz9zvu7JRMfKCaDOcGzntAyTJxzcKlNilbJwDXzquij6V8mCxxB_DH0dquGIRnHGnrc-QYf56Ni9_goxnqZXOuHyRTWStfKDCaluKjismBEPTC2D21XGOlhfKnRVSpr8ZPrvogR-WS9v2RNwu-wYUDDbXkyzLR9ZvPZbxShN4_6PYqwyCXJsbEZjQ_LhgK5Xhw==

edit now that i think about it .. it might be better to skip some nodes and actually climb down to peirce nodes.

not sure.

may have to test once closer to like 85
Last edited by fckirbz on Dec 19, 2014, 6:57:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info