[1.3][WIP] Kinetic Blast + AA + EB + Vaal Pact - Leveling Progression + Crafting + Videos

"
commonjunks wrote:
Greatly appreciated your guide.
I love to see more guide like this where it is shown how the character was made from no money rather ridicules expensive items.
Good job.

Glad you're enjoying it, it's fun making it. Things may start to get a bit expensive, but I still haven't spent more than 7 Chaos on one item yet. I'm rushing for Vaal Pact at the moment, level 81 should get it, unless I respec to get there faster.

Main reason being, I just tested Blood Rage, the degen is fine with -60% Chaos Resistance, I have 13% life leech with it on, and unless I'm getting hit I have full life.

When the fight is over just weapon swap to turn if off and turn it back on at the next pack. The potential to include so rather fancy uniques is opening up.

New Video, Testing Double Reflect (-max, +vuln): http://youtu.be/Ja_lBolTcRA
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 17, 2014, 7:54:51 AM
how do you have the mana to run clarity/hatred/HoA/RM then HoT/assassins mark/curse on hit/RM plus AA

i'm at 67 (gear not great yet but still can clear 66 maps mostly okay)

alternatively i'm running HoI over hatred which works atm

i'm sure hatred is a big boost to dps over HoI

is it just my reduced mana gems arent leveled enough yet or is my mana pool not high enough (not running EB yet as my life is only 2k atm lol.)
"
fckirbz wrote:
how do you have the mana to run clarity/hatred/HoA/RM then HoT/assassins mark/curse on hit/RM plus AA

i'm at 67 (gear not great yet but still can clear 66 maps mostly okay)

alternatively i'm running HoI over hatred which works atm

i'm sure hatred is a big boost to dps over HoI

is it just my reduced mana gems arent leveled enough yet or is my mana pool not high enough (not running EB yet as my life is only 2k atm lol.)

assassins mark will triggered with curse on hit (no mana needed).
"
fckirbz wrote:
how do you have the mana to run clarity/hatred/HoA/RM then HoT/assassins mark/curse on hit/RM plus AA.

Grabbing EB gives you much more mana pool reducing the percentage that clarity takes from your mana, effectively making it cheaper, as well as having higher reduced mana gems. Make sure you have both 4% reduced mana reservation nodes and just keep testing Hatred as you level up, it's an easy switch once you have about 1.5-2k mana I think, I didn't do it until level 70+, can't remember exactly.

Doing some really nice damage now, actually killing rares with Kinetic Blast before I get the chance to cull them with Power Siphon + Item Rarity. Will try and level a fair bit today, don't wanna make too many updates if nothing much has changed between them.

Note: If this build turn out to work with Blood Rage safely (i.e. using flask for regen and weapon swap to turn off the effect) it's important to get a cheap 10%+ quality one, I got a Q15% for just 4c, it has 7% life leech at level 1, compared to level 16 non quality which only has 5% leech.

Possible flasks for when I use BR:
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 17, 2014, 9:59:12 PM
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
fckirbz wrote:
how do you have the mana to run clarity/hatred/HoA/RM then HoT/assassins mark/curse on hit/RM plus AA.

Grabbing EB gives you much more mana pool reducing the percentage that clarity takes from your mana, effectively making it cheaper, as well as having higher reduced mana gems. Make sure you have both 4% reduced mana reservation nodes and just keep testing Hatred as you level up, it's an easy switch once you have about 1.5-2k mana I think, I didn't do it until level 70+, can't remember exactly.

Doing some really nice damage now, actually killing rares with Kinetic Blast before I get the chance to cull them with Power Siphon + Item Rarity. Will try and level a fair bit today, don't wanna make too many updates if nothing much has changed between them.

Note: If this build turn out to work with Blood Rage safely (i.e. using flask for regen and weapon swap to turn off the effect) it's important to get a cheap 10%+ quality one, I got a Q15% for just 4c, it has 7% life leech at level 1, compared to level 16 non quality which only has 5% leech.

Possible flasks for when I use BR:

ty for the reply. i just hit 70 and switched to EB . kinda squishy (2300 hp, but lots of life nodes and gear upgrades to get) but i have 2 tanks in my party so i can run it now i think (gg servers down. will test when up)

luckily i just got a 4l Carcass jack .. wtb fusings for the 5l lol
Hi there, really enjoy following ur build so far and I love how you put your thought process into the guide. I know it's a work in progress and you're still crunching some numbers, but what do you think is the best single target damage skill so far, cause that's the only problem i've been having?

My gear atm (only lvl 67 tho):
Spoiler

My skill tree so far is pretty similar to yours, although I might pick up the reduced mana node a bit earlier so I can use all 4 auras.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4GIwceB2MNfA5IEQ8RlhSwFr8c3B9BJpUo-ioLL28xnjWSNj06WDrhQYdFfEZxSVFJsUwtTeNQMFVLVcZXyV3yXyph4mKsY0NsjHBScLtw1XRVfll_xoIegseDCYPbiEKJ04wLjDaTJ5Uul5edqqZXrJiw2LQMtDi1SLc-uXzAnMHFy73Xz9i92RPbC9te44TlGeq67BjssO-I8NXyRfPq-Tf56Pv1_gr-jw==
Last edited by xDirtyWorkZ on Dec 18, 2014, 2:26:22 AM
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
What do you think is the best single target damage skill so far, cause that's the only problem i've been having?

While leveling I used Searing Bond + Fire Trap + Barrage with PCoC linked to it to slowly work down the bosses, it's not ideal. There is another method using Frost Wall, spawn that behind the boss and try to pin them against it to shotgun the KB blasts onto the boss.

What I use now is Power Siphon + Faster Attacks + Phys Proj Dmg + Crit Multi - it is doing enough now to have it as a single target damage skill, I even remove Crit Multi for Item Rarity, cause I like loot explosions!

I find that Kinetic Blast in tight corridors or with the boss up against a wall can do far more damage though, so if you can kite them or get them surrounded by trash mobs so that the blasts overlap you will do good damage with just KB.

I am currently 1 shotting some rare mobs in 66-69 maps if they are surrounded, the blasts all crit on top of them. Bosses can still be annoying if you lose all your charges and it's 1v1 with Power Siphon.

9.5k on KB and 9.8k on PS with 3 Frenzy, 6 Power, 72% crit chance, need accuracy gear soon.

The damage of this build comes in at level 75+, I am now about to hit level 81, which will give me Vaal Pact, after that I have 40% Physical damage, 30%/8% Crit+Multi, 30% Phys added as lightning and then a total of 45% total increased wand damage over 3 nodes! That's a lot more damage, just need to hit level 86, which shouldn't be too far off. Planning to spend some chisels to buy 73 maps if they are cheap.

I have a new video to make with boss/exile kills.

PS: Nice gear!

Oh and heading for Vaal Pact early is fine, I just wanted to get more damage and test reflect without it first, died twice - once was 36% phys, 18% ele reflect in a vuln + -max map, the other was to a rare phys reflect pack when I forgot to turn on Arctic Armour.
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 18, 2014, 4:44:21 AM
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
What do you think is the best single target damage skill so far, cause that's the only problem i've been having?

While leveling I used Searing Bond + Fire Trap + Barrage with PCoC linked to it to slowly work down the bosses, it's not ideal. There is another method using Frost Wall, spawn that behind the boss and try to pin them against it to shotgun the KB blasts onto the boss.

What I use now is Power Siphon + Faster Attacks + Phys Proj Dmg + Crit Multi - it is doing enough now to have it as a single target damage skill, I even remove Crit Multi for Item Rarity, cause I like loot explosions!

I find that Kinetic Blast in tight corridors or with the boss up against a wall can do far more damage though, so if you can kite them or get them surrounded by trash mobs so that the blasts overlap you will do good damage with just KB.

I am currently 1 shotting some rare mobs in 66-69 maps if they are surrounded, the blasts all crit on top of them. Bosses can still be annoying if you lose all your charges and it's 1v1 with Power Siphon.

The damage of this build comes in at level 75+, I am now about to hit level 81, which will give me Vaal Pact, after that I have 40% Physical damage, 30%/8% Crit+Multi, 30% Phys added as lightning and then a total of 45% total increased wand damage over 3 nodes! That's a lot more damage, just need to hit level 86, which shouldn't be too far off. Planning to spend some chisels to buy 73 maps if they are cheap.

I have a new video to make with boss/exile kills.

PS: Nice gear!

Oh and heading for Vaal Pact early is fine, I just wanted to get more damage and test reflect without it first, died twice - once was 36% phys, 18% ele reflect in a vuln + -max map, the other was to a rare phys reflect pack when I forgot to turn on Arctic Armour.

Alright guess i'll try that. I think i'll just have to upgrade my weapon a bit and then start saving chaos for the bigger upgrades. You're right about kinetic blast doing tons of damage in smaller corridors vs bosses and yellow mobs, it's just the one on one fights i'm having issues with. Leveling is the way to go now!
I've been following this topic for a few days; not sure if you covered it and I'm forgetting, or if it wasn't covered. Does Weapon Elemental Damage yield higher damage than Physical Projectile Damage? Or is it an issue of socket coloring that you're using WED, or is it helping with physical reflect. Only curious, starting to craft my gear and was curious about the proper colors I'll be needing :)
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
I've been following this topic for a few days; not sure if you covered it and I'm forgetting, or if it wasn't covered. Does Weapon Elemental Damage yield higher damage than Physical Projectile Damage? Or is it an issue of socket coloring that you're using WED, or is it helping with physical reflect. Only curious, starting to craft my gear and was curious about the proper colors I'll be needing :)

Well since you're using 3 elemental damage based aura's (HoT, HoA, Hatred), WED adds a lot of damage. Also later on you get a damage node which gives extra physical to lightning damage, which gets further enhanced by WED. Don't know the exact numbers though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info