[1.3.0] The Static Templar - Elemental Static Strike 28k dps // Eva + Ondar Update

"
Powerlenny wrote:
Well I didnt die yet with this build. not a single time.
and It naturally will get more dmg and more defense; defense from the tree, offense from getting better gems. I'm lvl85 now, only 4k life but you leech from everywhere due to your high AoE and the herald effects. Due to the ton of ele dmg and the freeze/shock/ignite nodes im able to freeze with my cold snap+added cold+ele prolif (from doryanis)+cast on dmg taken.

these shock nodes also help to increase your damage, most of the bosses i fight are getting shocked = 50% more dmg

But you're right, the defense sucks on this build. only ~20% phys reduction, ~20% chance to evade and 15% block chance, 4k life.

I'm still looking for a option to make it tankier a little....maybe IR
But as I said, atleast ele reflect is rly no problem at all while it is a problem with the 2h build.
(and come on, abyssus is suicide)

Tell me my friend, have you ever encounter these boss below:
Mervil Nercropolis maps lv 75
Crematorium maps lv 76
Dominus Residence lv 74
Dominus Palace lv 78 maps?
Those especially Crematorium can kill people in one second. You know what , 5k hp, 1200 mana for mom, lv 20 aa, purity of fire anf die in one fire storm.
As I said lving from 80 to 88 89 is very easy and fast. I can do it in 2 day if I dont have much time. But lv 90+ you get 2% for every map 78. And do you think you can go 77 78 all day ? Maps 75 give lv 91 1% exp every 2 maps. Some time you farm half day then one slain ruin everything. The reason many people stop at 8x is that build WILL slain to much on this state. If they manage to go maps 74 for whole life then nothing to say then. Have you ever seen skeleton dogs chagre in a character and take him half his life? I do seen, the charc have 5k5 life with 20k armour. Many build work well and sound immortal at some state. But believe me when you reach the 90+ state, you will wish to half your dps to add to defense. If people only neef lv 90, or they jump build when reach 8x, well ir is another story.
Talking about dps , I have myself Lv91 Shadow dual strike useing bino and 300dps dagger. 100k dps 4k5 life, 40 dodge 45 dodge spell. On kill I regen 3000 life per second. I rarely take damage but I still find it two hard to lv up to 95. Farm with awareness, very stressful lol.
StaticTemplar
Last edited by khacthien89 on Dec 14, 2014, 7:34:24 PM
"
khacthien89 wrote:
"
Powerlenny wrote:
Well I didnt die yet with this build. not a single time.
and It naturally will get more dmg and more defense; defense from the tree, offense from getting better gems. I'm lvl85 now, only 4k life but you leech from everywhere due to your high AoE and the herald effects. Due to the ton of ele dmg and the freeze/shock/ignite nodes im able to freeze with my cold snap+added cold+ele prolif (from doryanis)+cast on dmg taken.

these shock nodes also help to increase your damage, most of the bosses i fight are getting shocked = 50% more dmg

But you're right, the defense sucks on this build. only ~20% phys reduction, ~20% chance to evade and 15% block chance, 4k life.

I'm still looking for a option to make it tankier a little....maybe IR
But as I said, atleast ele reflect is rly no problem at all while it is a problem with the 2h build.
(and come on, abyssus is suicide)

Tell me my friend, have you ever encounter these boss below:
Mervil Nercropolis maps lv 75
Crematorium maps lv 76
Dominus Residence lv 74
Dominus Palace lv 78 maps?
Those especially Crematorium can kill people in one second. You know what , 5k hp, 1200 mana for mom, lv 20 aa, purity of fire anf die in one fire storm.
As I said lving from 80 to 88 89 is very easy and fast. I can do it in 2 day if I dont have much time. But lv 90+ you get 2% for every map 78. And do you think you can go 77 78 all day ? Maps 75 give lv 91 1% exp every 2 maps. Some time you farm half day then one slain ruin everything. The reason many people stop at 8x is that build WILL slain to much on this state. If they manage to go maps 74 for whole life then nothing to say then. Have you ever seen skeleton dogs chagre in a character and take him half his life? I do seen, the charc have 5k5 life with 20k armour. Many build work well and sound immortal at some state. But believe me when you reach the 90+ state, you will wish to half your dps to add to defense. If people only neef lv 90, or they jump build when reach 8x, well ir is another story.
Talking about dps , I have myself Lv91 Shadow dual strike useing bino and 300dps dagger. 100k dps 4k5 life, 40 dodge 45 dodge spell. On kill I regen 3000 life per second. I rarely take damage but I still find it two hard to lv up to 95. Farm with awareness, very stressful lol.

that is experienced after 2 years played
and it's true, all true :)
IGN: WhySoMap
Sorry to say, but I have to agree with previous comments. This build is complete crap, yet you're trying to tout your own horn and even suggest it's HC viable. You even go on to ad hominem remarks towards other commenters to display your ineptitude for a proper argument. What makes this worse is that you keep sticking your fingers in your ears when people are telling your the SKILL SCALES OFF OF PHYS.

My static strike hits 63k dps AND I stun surrounding monsters with it. I simply swapped out ground slam for static strike on my permastunner since I enjoy the skill more. I am using a high PDPS weapon.

my gear:

EDIT1:
Also, I use blood rage and vaal pact with 19% life leech, along with ~9s immortal call. My dps with frenzy charges on SS is ~70k with max frenzy charges.
Last edited by SirViP on Dec 16, 2014, 6:19:06 AM
I did a similar build and it works out well enough.

Unlike some of the stuff people here posted it's pretty cheap, get a tabula for the 6L (or a 5L even if you can't afford it) and a high APS weapon (even with ele dmg as cheap as 1c) and you're set for the game. Damage scaling from the hot/hoi/wrath/anger/haste, gear and gems besides static strike.

HC viability? No idea, I assume if you spec more into block/HP instead of damage, it should work out.
Could someone give me feedback on what items to upgrade next? I got max res with this and decent damage.

I took a bit more APS oriented approach (this is a planned lv 100 tree, currently I'm 87) and I can tell you it works like a charm.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABLEEswxfDH0PqxB_FSAWbxa_Fy8Zihm0GjgajxynI_YkqiSwJpUnLypNLOk1kjbpPC0_J0GHQqNDyEbXR35KyExgTP9Nkk8EUUxTNVOlVUtV1lb6V-Jh4mTnZU1mnmjybqpxhXKpd9d35XzZfVt_K4CkgpuCx4TZiuSLjIw2kFWVZpu1m-yf36IAo4qsR69ssUK18rc-vTa-p8AawGbDOsT2xp7GrspKytPMt9V11orYvdq53Q3hc-Nq7DjtIO4O73zwH_ba9zL53fno-tL7CfzF_goRgd1GY6cyiX11037veggu7YMZjgBem43-ug==

And this is my current equipment:
Hey guys I was a little concerned that this build would not work in the Awakening expansion on friday, but I checked an aura calculator and with this build you can still run 4 auras.
I also took a look at the talent tree to see if it would be similar and I came up with this;

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBTwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASz4XPtIIKbmjuf3-98V-J35TKJOtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYXMt9V1sULauUbXZp760hZvJKo26RcvZOcksICkVdasqnKp9zJ82fndi4zE9sauPC2DzLc-g19Bh_nogscdvjOHA-7-Cti98kU64aZXNZL-j03jtfJuqkrIPycqTX1brEdRTMpKX7CbtcM6GYr7CfbaGo-ExQDuLOkVIN0NW6-QCoaz9qPvetN-AF4Zju2DCC59df665woKm3jrDY2HduOfSn1noO4OVvp_K9aK3UZjpxGB

I would appreciate any feedback, I tried to copy the nodes that looked important but I have never used the builder myself until now.

Let's hope everything works the same on Friday, I'm excited to continue this character and possibly invest in a 6L

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info